“Fun but be careful!” 3 of 5 stars

San Diego, California
12 attraction reviews
“Fun but be careful!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I visited this water park last week on Tuesday. We randomly found this park near our hotel and decided to go. It was $150 pesos which we thought was a steal! During our 1 week trip to Mazatlan we did not see any advertisement for this park besides on 1 billboard in New Mazatlan... We now know why. When we went it wasn't crowded it all, maybe 25 people in the whole park. Not all slides were open but we did every single one that was including the wave pool and children's area. It was a lot of fun, sketchy, and thrilling all together. There was almost no supervision at the park, we think the staff that worked there were not actual lifeguards more like observing people. The staff doesn't speak any English so be prepared. We rented one of the lockers and had no problem with that. You might think you have to rent a tube but we didn't, so if it's slow the day you go don't waste your money there are free ones people take turns using. No need to plan a whole day here at the park, you will be satisfied after a few hours. The park was clean the only part that was dirty was the lazy river so we didn't go in. We did not buy any food, drinks, souvenirs, or use the restrooms so I can't comment on any of those but I can tell you about the slides! They were fun but sketchy. I thought on the white water slide (where you use the tubes) I was going to flip! My boyfriend and me rode on a double tube, never again. It started to go side ways and I just couldn't stop screaming. Grand Prix was the worst (for me) I didn't hold on to the mat the way I should have (there's no staff to tell you how to do it) and I went flying past my mat and into the water... My top was halfway off my hair was all over the place, and I was in a big pool of water not knowing what just happened because it went so quick. Like I said overall it was fun, sketchy, and thrilling... If you have nothing else to do while you're on vacation.. Try this park but bring a mouth guard just in case!

Visited June 2013

fairmont hotsprings
7 attraction reviews
“Great Day for the Family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We went to the park the first week that it opened in March. We went 3 times, only once on the weekend, and it was busy. During the week was quiet, one day only 9 people came in. But a lot of fun! The group we had was small kids, teenagers and adults. Something for every one. They have a concession and store so you can get beer and food. Some slides were a bit sketchy, but again common sense. The wave pool was a blast, rent a tube and enjoy the waves. Life guards were every ware, so no worries. Just bring your own sun screen, the price in the park is really high.

Visited March 2013
Lethbridge
“Great day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We had so much fun at this water park. It's a short walk (5 or 10 minutes) from the Riu Emerald Bay, which is where we were staying. Low admission cost, awesome kids area and the tube slides were super fun. Loved that they had the automated lifts on two of them to take you to the top. The 4 person raft slide is super cool, and was my 3 year old son's favorite part of the park. The wave pool and lazy river are also nice. A word of caution if you have small children, the carpet slide is fun, but both my 3 and 7 year olds got stuck for a bit partway down. The staff don't speak much English, but know enough to get through the interactions you will need (locker rental, tube rental, food purchases, etc...). The park itself is very clean, but the bathrooms were a bit sketchy when we were there. All in all though we'd defnitely do it again, and we had a fantastic family day,

Waterloo, Canada
21 attraction reviews
“Fun but scary!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

The kids enjoyed visiting the water park, but nobody spoke English, so we were at a bit of a loss. The slides are fast, and there is little room at the bottom to land! On the big green slide, we thought we were going to come off the edge. The concrete on some of the slides is in bad shape, and the rebar is rusting, so beware if there is an earthquake!

Portland
7 attraction reviews
“Tons of fun! Use common sense”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We visited Mazagua water park in Mazatlon during our stay at Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay in Mazatlan in April of 2013. We took two seven year old boys to the park and we all had tons of fun. I’ll start by saying that I highly recommend the park. We arrived at opening at 10 AM and for the first hour and a half we had a place to ourselves. The cost was 150 pesos (about $12 US). This is a great price for how much fun we had. The sign at the entrance states that some slides don’t open until 1 PM but we had so much fun with all the attraction that were open that we didn't even figure out what was not open until later.

There is a security locker for rent for 40 pesos. There are also some inner tubes for rent but we never figured out why we would rent them as each attraction we were interested in had a stack of free inner tubes next to it.

For those worried about sun there is plenty of shade and tables all over the park. We also didn't pack food and were able to find Ok food at the park.

As far as attractions themselves go, they are a bit dated but a lot of fun and every bit as excited as anything I experienced at places like Great Wolf Lodge. One to keep in mind is that there are no age, height, or weight restrictions on any of the rides so do use common sense. I tried every single ride before letting the seven year olds on them. Some were a bit concerning but I told boys to take it easy and to not take outside slides in case they “jump” over to the slide next to them. Personally we loved the fact that there were no restrictions but like I said do use common sense.
Even when more people joined later in the day we only once waited about 10 minutes for an attraction. All other waits were under a minute. Way better than anything I experienced at Great Wolf Lodge.
There are attractions suitable for toddlers and all the way to the ones for real thrill seekers. In one close slide I flipped upside down, lost my inner tube, and got a bit banged up but it was a lot of fun. Some might call it unsafe I call it fun. Just use common sense and don’t expect others to think for you.

Other reviewers commented that the water was a bit cold. Boys mentioned that for the first two minutes of the visit and never again. After the first ride you won’t even think about it. We were there on a hot sunny day and a bit colder water was perfect!

All in all, I highly recommend this place. We had tons of fun and would come again.