Our family spent a week in one of the phase 1 condos and could not have had a better time. First and foremost the staff throughout the resort was awesome. . . so friendly and helpful. The resort is only 10 minutes from the airport. We were in our room 45 minutes after landing (with customs). From Colorado, I don't think you can be at a Mexican beach resort any quicker or more conveniently. We had a 2 bedroom condo on the ground floor just steps from a spacious, beautiful infinity pool. 20 yards from there was our own private beach. Excellent sand castle making sand and perfect waves for boogie-boarding. The condo set up was perfect for our family of 5 (kids aged 13, 9, and 7). Having breakfast and lunch in the condo allowed us to enjoy the pool and beach more but we couldn't resist going to the restaurants for our dinners. The food was top quality and again, interacting with the staff was a true pleasure.
Activities I recommend:
- Definitely golf as the Robert Trent Jones course is kept in immaculate condition and there are multiple holes that go right up to the beach.
- Go into the small town of Villa Union for the market and dinner at Cuchapettas (sp). Awesome fish.
- Stone Island on a Sunday. . . excellent beach bars for lunch and people watching.
- Turtle preserve. . . . this is actually on the resort itself. Make sure you spend some time with the curator there, she explained everything they do and how many sea turtles they are saving each year. Nice to know a resort like this is in tune with the local wildlife.
- Check out all the iquanas sunning themselves on the stone walls.
- Great beach jogging.
- Make sure you are sitting by the pool or on the beach at as many sunsets as possible. Or my favorite. . . . on the porch at the clubhouse restaurant with one of their margaritas in hand. And I emphasize the margaritas!
If you are looking for a super relaxing, very easy getaway, I highly recommend this resort.
- Also Known As:
- Estrella Del Mar Golf & Beach Hotel Mazatlan
- Estrella Del Mar Golf And Beach Resort