“Terrible Customer Service!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 75 hotels in Mazatlan
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Terrible Customer Service!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had just submitted a review for the staff at the location. They were very professional. But the staff at the main office that sets up the stay is horrible and are only after money! If you are anyone traveling please be aware of their scams! The main office is not at the Villas El Rancho Resort but are in another city they are only interested in your money and not you and your vacation. So if you have any main concerns you have to communicate with some by email or over the phone with very little knowledge of procedures are taking place at El Rancho.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
VillasElRancho, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Villas El Rancho Green Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hi, We are so sorry to hear you were not fully satisfied with your experience in our resort.
Here at Villas El Rancho headquarters, we always aim to provide the best service to our guests
and members with a positive attitude, integrity, but mainly with honesty.

For us was very sad and surprised us to read your review, because at the resort you and your husband told our President, our staff and pretty much everyone that Villas El Rancho was the best place you have ever stayed, you even sent us an email congratulating us for the excellent service.

At the resort you were offered to update your membership by paying the corresponding fee, which you agree to pay as soon as you will get back home. Our president spoke personally to you and your husband twice, about the way things had to be done. We always conduct ourselves with honesty and integrity.

Our headquarters are not in Mazatlan but we are the same team that follows same rules and values throughout our organization.

We are in our best disposition to clarify this misunderstanding, because guests, like you, are our top priority.

Best regards,
Villas El Rancho, Green Resort

340 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
bjamison27
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The restaurant, bar, pool and beach were very nice for a small place. This place should be called Rustic Bungalows" not "Villas". The villa was horrible. To start, our unit was in poor shape and when we checked in the water heater, stove, and air conditioner weren't working. Got the water heater and A/C working to some level but the stove required using a lighter to use. I guess we were using too much electricity since the hotel came in and put a lock on the thermostat while we were there. The beds were so hard my wife slept on the couch all week and I piled all the sheets on one bed to try to soften it. The unit was dirty, had broken tiles on the counter and tub surrounds. The unit also didn't have things that a villa should have - toaster, iron/or ironing board, hair dryer, dish washer, shampoo/conditioner, lotion, sponges, dish soap, or paper towels were not provided.

Hotel staff does not shut down the pool at all and 4 out of the 7 nights we were there the pool was busy and loud until 1 am. The hotel had large groups of teens and 20 somethings piled into just a few units that were loud and up all night. Hotel staff is also not very helpful and when the power went out I had to ask them for a paint bucket so I could flush the toilet in our unit. The property has a new manager as of two months ago but he was not very helpful and just nodded his head about things. I asked him to deal with the large loud group and he just motioned me away.

We had a good trip to Mazatlan despite the horrible unit and at least the drinks and food were good at this place.

Room Tip: Don't stay in a unit next to the pool or unit #12!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
VillasElRancho, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Villas El Rancho Green Resort, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Hello, we're sorry to read your review. We apologize for the inconviencies you had to go
through, we always have everything ready when new guests arrive to the resort,
and with you things weren't any different, we tried to make everything ready as quick as possible for you in the villa but we didn't count on you check-in early.

In our villas, we try to create and give the best relaxing experience possible in all areas, and our beds are no exception, there are known to be the healthiest beds for the body, so sorry this didn't work for you and your family.

The resort pool always closes at 9:00 pm, so guests can rest. Unfortunately, we had a hard group of people that couldn't be handled.

We apologize once again for the matter, and we always stay at your service.
Best regards,

Villas El Rancho, Green Resort
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Ideal for a quiet family holiday, the beachfront villas are the best, the restaurant very nice and comfortable, i loved the view. very comfortably furnished villas. The hotel away from the noise and traffic, excellent place to relax and enjoy family, who needs television when you have the sea front.

Room Tip: The beachfront villas have spectacular views.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Just spent a week at the Villa El Rancho Beach Resort in Mazatlan Mexico. This place is probably the Most Mexican Villa's / Hotel in Mazatlan. People are very friendly. However there are a lot of Negative's here.
Arriving at the resort after a long 40 minute ride from the Airport I found that the clerk did not speak any English. She had to get on the phone to call Jose to come to the counter to assist her. Jose I found out was the manager and Owner I think. He arranged for me to get our keys and Pool Towels and told me that if either is lost there will be a $10 charge for each key and charges for the towels also. The Villa's turned out to be needing some work as spots needed Paint and TLC for sure. Generally it was a very clean place as the maids were in every day with brooms and mops. Cockroaches were in the lower shower the first nite and then again 3 days later. Jose the manager was notified but they supposedly sprayed something but no smell was found when we went back in nothing to indicate anything being done.
Nightime has only 3 English Channels on the TV and thats not good unless you understand Spanish. There were 2 bedrooms upstairs with a King Size bed in the back and 2 Queen beds in the front. Beds were more than comfortable too. We all slept well after being near the water daily and the ladies doing some shopping too. No TV's in the Bedrooms either.
After getting into our bathing suits we go out to the pool to find about 40 kids and 25 Adults already in the pool and apparently someone rented the pool for a party so that took care of entering the pool and they stayed until after 11 oclock when the pool was supposed to close at 9pm. And yes they were Loud until 11 when they all left. During the week the pool was Great but forget about going on the week-ends cause this place turns into a "LOCALS" Pool and it was not a Pretty Site.
We also sat out after dark during the week with some wine and new friends and that was nice. By the end of the week there were 6 or 7 of us enjoying the Hot Humid Nite.
After coffee & breakfast in the morning there were men trying to get us to go to a presentation to buy a timeshare. There was always two or three men around looking to sell you something.Our friends that were with us were intrigued and accepted the invite which eventually turned out in the end to be a SCAM. There was an Oscar selling things too but I paid no attention to him. A man named Miguel took us to the site and promised all kinds of things good wood come out of this. We paid him to take us on a tour of Mazatlan and show us the Pretty area and on the way back he stopped for some graft from some merchant on the way back as he works "For Tips" he said. In the end after a few day we never saw Mike again. He promised me an old license plate but that also was a scam for cash.
We met a Wonderful couple from Seaside Or. named George & Mar Cee A who were trying to buy a Time Share while trading their Condo in Florida for some cash and they gave a man some cash and then before the next day they found out that they too were involved in a SCAM and called their banks to cancel the transaction which they did and Saved them their money. Thank God for that as they did not deserve to be taken by any means. We also late in the week met Jennifer from Tucson Az who turned out to be a Hoot. We liked her alot.
The restaurants were ok at El Rancho but not Great except for "Winston" who was our waiter sometimes and his boss was another Jose that tried to SCAM my friends for a Time Share too. We walked down the beach to the next condo - time share for dinner and breakfast about 6 times as it was a lot Better than our place. Playa Bruha was a good restaurant but you needed a cab to get there. Snorkling was available by this rest also.
All in all Mazatlan is nice but Very Humid and Hot which we are not used too and we will not be going back to the El Rancho due to the many people that are trying to take advantage of you. And June is a bad time also due to the Humidity and Hot Temperatures. Jose please upgrade the Place as you could be a qreat place to spend a week but without your friends please.

Room Tip: Please Read my Review.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Eagle Pass, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

The last 2 weeks of March and the 1st week of April were spent, We felt almost in another world, my Uncle daily concerns being whether he should Photograph the friendly birds or read next to the perfect pool and hot tub . This Ranch Hotel, just next of The Crown Plaza Hotel, a hip, lazy, artistic historic Development has everything you could want in a Family Owned Hotel. I could have just packed my clothes and personal items and left knowing everything I would need would be provided for. The villas are very large 2 story villas, 2 bedrooms, two baths, full kitchen, etc. ( Mr. Winston) as they call the Mexican bartender, who takes care of the Lupita´s Restaurant and bar, is so sweet and knows everyone and is there in a flash to take your order. The only thing I would do differently is, next time book a 4 week stay. It's your choice to be meditative with the sound of the waves breaking, or be as active as you want at this Great Mexican Ranch style hotel.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms convenient located
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I will start by saying that I absolutely think that a lot of the reviews for this place are fake...same for their restaurant. The only good things about this place were the maid service and the piece of earth surrounding it.

Why build a hotel right on the ocean and not have a view? Where the hell are the balconies? Or even windows that face the beach? We had a two-level villa that "privately" sleeps 6? There's nothing private about it. The King bed is an a loft area while the 2 double beds are in a private room...yet the bathroom is in the middle. Why is the king bed not private? It's a vacation...people need to have sex. Absolutely 0 privacy. Thank goodness we don't have kids yet.

The restaurant was absolutely like an episode out of "kitchen nightmares." Showed up for an early dinner with my wife shortly after checking in. We were the only guests at the restaurant (bad sign for a mexican resort during happy hour). Walked up to the host stand and 2 employees just gave us a blank stare. We had to break the silence and say...so just seat ourselves then? food took 20 mins to come out even though they were cooking for just us. When we got it the food was lukewarm at best as if the server had just taken a break or something. They seemed more concerned with chatting than waiting on us. AWFUL SHRIMP, tasted like rubber covered in salt. My wife said her dish was equally bad. Oh and it was 2 for 1 happy hour and I said "excuse me, isn't it happy hour...2 x 1?" Server says yes. I say "well I finished my beer before our food even got here and you haven't brought me the second." He just looked surprised and annoyed that he had to go do something.

For the next 6 days of our vacation if we werent out on the town or on a tour we just walked 2 hotels over and hung out at Torres, where we stayed the year before. Service there was great and the food tasted like heaven compared to the crap at Lupitas, the el rancho restaurant.

I have noooo idea how el rancho is rated so high other than to think the reviews are from people associated with the hotel. Mazatlan is cool and so is the location of el rancho, but I strongly urge you to book elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

This hotel is absolutely amazing! I love everything about it!! My husband, uncle and I styed here in March of 2014.
I would first like to say that the service was impeccable; every staff member was extremely nice.
The décor of the hotel is lovely and the rooms are very spacious. I loved waking up to the sound of the waves. Our room was perfect and overlooked the ocean. Make sure you the one of the villas in the front of the ocean.
We had breakfast lunch and dinner at the restaurant which everything we had was absolutely good. The “aqua chile” and michelada were AMAZING; my favorite; I had it every evening. The service was great, they treat you like if you are family.
I would stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat and highly recommend it!!

Room Tip: Make sure you get the Villas right in front of the ocean. It's so beautiful to open your eyes an...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to Villas El Rancho Green Resort? Share your experiences!