“Friendly staff, Great Restaurant Service, worry-free hotel.” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Av Sabalo Cerritos 3170, Mazatlan 82100, Mexico   |
Ranked #17 of 76 Hotels in Mazatlan
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Eagle Pass, Texas
“Friendly staff, Great Restaurant Service, worry-free hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

The last 2 weeks of March and the 1st week of April were spent, We felt almost in another world, my Uncle daily concerns being whether he should Photograph the friendly birds or read next to the perfect pool and hot tub . This Ranch Hotel, just next of The Crown Plaza Hotel, a hip, lazy, artistic historic Development has everything you could want in a Family Owned Hotel. I could have just packed my clothes and personal items and left knowing everything I would need would be provided for. The villas are very large 2 story villas, 2 bedrooms, two baths, full kitchen, etc. ( Mr. Winston) as they call the Mexican bartender, who takes care of the Lupita´s Restaurant and bar, is so sweet and knows everyone and is there in a flash to take your order. The only thing I would do differently is, next time book a 4 week stay. It's your choice to be meditative with the sound of the waves breaking, or be as active as you want at this Great Mexican Ranch style hotel.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms convenient located
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I will start by saying that I absolutely think that a lot of the reviews for this place are fake...same for their restaurant. The only good things about this place were the maid service and the piece of earth surrounding it.

Why build a hotel right on the ocean and not have a view? Where the hell are the balconies? Or even windows that face the beach? We had a two-level villa that "privately" sleeps 6? There's nothing private about it. The King bed is an a loft area while the 2 double beds are in a private room...yet the bathroom is in the middle. Why is the king bed not private? It's a vacation...people need to have sex. Absolutely 0 privacy. Thank goodness we don't have kids yet.

The restaurant was absolutely like an episode out of "kitchen nightmares." Showed up for an early dinner with my wife shortly after checking in. We were the only guests at the restaurant (bad sign for a mexican resort during happy hour). Walked up to the host stand and 2 employees just gave us a blank stare. We had to break the silence and say...so just seat ourselves then? food took 20 mins to come out even though they were cooking for just us. When we got it the food was lukewarm at best as if the server had just taken a break or something. They seemed more concerned with chatting than waiting on us. AWFUL SHRIMP, tasted like rubber covered in salt. My wife said her dish was equally bad. Oh and it was 2 for 1 happy hour and I said "excuse me, isn't it happy hour...2 x 1?" Server says yes. I say "well I finished my beer before our food even got here and you haven't brought me the second." He just looked surprised and annoyed that he had to go do something.

For the next 6 days of our vacation if we werent out on the town or on a tour we just walked 2 hotels over and hung out at Torres, where we stayed the year before. Service there was great and the food tasted like heaven compared to the crap at Lupitas, the el rancho restaurant.

I have noooo idea how el rancho is rated so high other than to think the reviews are from people associated with the hotel. Mazatlan is cool and so is the location of el rancho, but I strongly urge you to book elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

This hotel is absolutely amazing! I love everything about it!! My husband, uncle and I styed here in March of 2014.
I would first like to say that the service was impeccable; every staff member was extremely nice.
The décor of the hotel is lovely and the rooms are very spacious. I loved waking up to the sound of the waves. Our room was perfect and overlooked the ocean. Make sure you the one of the villas in the front of the ocean.
We had breakfast lunch and dinner at the restaurant which everything we had was absolutely good. The “aqua chile” and michelada were AMAZING; my favorite; I had it every evening. The service was great, they treat you like if you are family.
I would stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat and highly recommend it!!

Room Tip: Make sure you get the Villas right in front of the ocean. It's so beautiful to open your eyes an...
El Paso,Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I went to villas el rancho in mazatlan and let me tell you what a wonderful experience it was. Excellent services. The hotel is clean, warm, the employees very helpful. They made me feel like part of their family. Made me feel like an important person, I was able to walk out to the beach from the back door of my villa. Early in the morning I enjoyed a hot jacuzzi was handed clean white towels. The service is superb. We had breakfast in the hotels restaurant which was excellent with fresh fruits, omeletes, fresh bread and of course fresh squeezed orange juice. Every kind of fruit or vegetable that you want they have. In the evening we had a very cozy dinner, The black bass was to die for. I highly recommend this wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: I stayed at the right side of the of the villas and I loved it. Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!! Highly reco...
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

The Villas El Rancho is a fantastic, relaxing and fun get-away! The privacy of the villas,pools, bar, restaurant are all excellent!!! I am an owner - and proud of it!! I have brought friends and family and they always want to go back! I have went alone and loved it too!!

Room Tip: Pick up some basic groceries so that you can eat and relax!!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Torreon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

It is a nice small hotel in a great location, friendly service and the best beach in Mazatlan a few steps from your room. The rooms are called Villas which have two rooms and two bathrooms, a kitchen, dinning room and tv/family room, the construction is a mexican modern style, the rooms are in good condition and are perfect for a family from 3 to 6 members. We enjoyed the beach like we never before, since it is very convenient to go from your room to the beach and back every time you need. It is great place to stay for a family vacation or simply relax, small place, good staff and everything you need to enjoy your vacation.

El Paso
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I want to express my gratitude to Villas El Rancho, they made our stay the best of the best. I visited Mazatlan with my family and we had a wonderful time in the beautiful paradise of Villas El Rancho. I never expected it was going to be so peaceful and be surrounded with beautiful personnel.

Room Tip: No telephone for those who want to rest. That's a plus
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Been to Villas El Rancho Green Resort? Share your experiences!