“Never Again” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 76 Hotels in Mazatlan
Halifax, NS, Canada
“Never Again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2006

The staff did not speak English . Only 2 people spoke any English, the manager and 1 bus boy/security guard. The best person on staff was the 1 bus boy/security guard he was nice and funny too. The manager on the other hand was rude and disrespectful to me and my guest. I had booked my room for 2 people but the manager refused to allow a 2nd person in the room simply because they were local. They treated my friend like he was a criminal with security hovering and waiting to escort him out. The manager refused to speak to me directly instead turning his back on me while giving me unreasonable excuses. At first insisting I had only booked for 1 person and not 2. Then when I said I had proof I booked for 2 people he said my friends name was not on the reservation. In fact the only name on the reservation was mine since I booked through an online travel agency and my name was the only one required. In the end I checked out early very dissatisfied with the overall service and quality for my money. I feel as though I was completely ripped off. I would NEVER stay there again nor would I suggest it to any singles or students looking for a fun vacation spot.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — management, security, policies, lack of quality service, not in the Golden Zone, not worth the price
  • Tips/Secrets — families with young children only, must speak Spanish or be able to read it.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
St. Cloud Mn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2003

My wife nad I stayed for two days while waiting for our time share. We really enjoyed our time spent. We had great time at the pool since we had it to our self and also the restaurant. We did notice that most of the business was Mexican tourist and enjoyed time spent trying to converse. Close to the golden zone and many other restaurants. The staff was very helpful... Would stay again

San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2003

I recently stayed at the Olas Altas and must say it has one of the friendliest staffs around. Everyone was helpful and attentive. The ocean view is stunning and the rates very reasonable considering you are only 5 minutes from the Golden Zone. You also have the beaches to yourself practically and don't get the timeshare salesmen and the hawkers. One person I met said that it's too bad it's not actually in the Golden Zone, but that's exactly why I like it! I can go there and eat, party, whatever and then come back to the calm of North Beach.

Been to Olas Altas Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Olas Altas Inn

Address: Avenida del Mar # 719 | Zona Costera, Mazatlan, Mexico
Location: Mexico > Pacific Coast > Sinaloa > Mazatlan
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool
#10 Spa Hotel in Mazatlan
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Olas Altas Inn 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Olas Altas Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Olas Altas Hotel
Olas Altas Mazatlan

If you own or manage Olas Altas Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.