We had a wonderful stay at the PBEB in Aug. it was our first time to Mazatlan and to any of the Pueblo Bonito resorts. We stayed from the 8/5- 8/10. We were very impressed with the resort. I was traveling with my Mom, Husband, and our 11 month old son.
Check-in/Front desk --- Driving to the resort from the Airport was about a bit of a drive. Not bad though, once we got to PBEB we were taken in by the beauty of it. The staff at the front desk was great, got us all checked in. Then sent us to the "time-share" table. We knew it was coming and for the discount on the room tap wanted to do it so it did not bother us very much. We then were taken by cart to our room, and a small tour of the resort. Once we got to the room however they were still cleaning it !! The maid was inside as was the person before us trash. The cart driver called the front desk and they were going to move us to a less desirable location, but I insisted on being left there. Instead they paid for us to go have lunch by the pool while they finished cleaning. 2 hours later we were in our room. We had some issues with them not c
ROOM-- We got a master suite. It was HUGE. A bedroom with two beds, both a bit stiff. A HUGE nice bathroom, with tub and overhead shower. It also had another full shower/bathroom in the hallway. Then the living room had a kitchenette and a fold out sofa, also a table. The view was amazing. We actually spent lot of time on the balcony reading. My son had a good time wandering around. I will say the place has A LOT of tile which is not very friendly for a little one trying to learn to walk, but not the resorts fault. We had a few problems with them not getting back to us about special request, but once we asked for a manager of the front desk everything was fine. We set up cake to be delivered for my husband's birthday, and strawberries and champange to be delivered for my Mom's which was also a day later. We also set up a romantic meal on the beach for my husband and myself which was amazing.
Grounds-- Simply amazing. Nothing more to be said. The pool is amazing, big enough that it is not TOO crowded. We did the fiesta on site one night, great waiters. The food was just okay, but the dancers were fun.
Town-- We went into town three times. Took the bus to the sister resort in the downtown area. We at the Italian place there and had a great meal. Another trip we took a cab all over town in the open air cabs. The drivers in front of the sister resort were offering us deals. He stopped where we wanted, and took us around for two hours for $40.00 total. We loved the church and the square there, and it was nice to hear about the history there.
Timeshare Breakfast-- great breakfast, full selection. We went in thinking we would not buy, just get the discount. Came out owners, we negotiated a great deal, and did not feel pushed into anything at all. We are trading one of our weeks to go to PB Sunset Beach in Cabo this year. So glad we did this because not sure we would be able to afford it otherwise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Each suite comes with a panoramic ocean view from your private balcony and has amenities like outdoor Jacuzzis, a beauty salon with mini-spa and tennis courts nearby. Relax below 150-year-old mangroves that surround a free-form pool and stroll the shoreline by the bay. Located next world famous sport fishing waters, golf courses, and the Gold Zone, you can enjoy any number of nearby activities on both land and water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Hotel Mazatlan
- Mazatlan Emerald Bay
- Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Mazatlan
- Emerald Bay Mazatlan