We stayed for one week in July 2013. The pool is nice, clean, and there are organized activities. The room had ice cold A/C, although it is starting to look run down, with dirty tiles and improperly working bathroom showers (e.g. the shower head is of poor quality, the toilets are not high end). The kitchenette had ants. I tipped $10 / day and had impeccable maid service in our room. There are lots of plants and trees and iguanas, so the surroundings are beautiful. The beach CANNOT be entered into because of the millions of jelly fish. Further, the beach is not the typical sandy beach in Mexico. This beach is steep and dangerous. I would give the hotel 4 starts but the Staff 2 stars, therefore, I have rated this hotel a 3. I am not sure that I would return. The staff are not friendly at all. When I checked in, the reception person, "Juan" took almost 20 minutes (not exaggerating) to find me a room, then it was on the far end of the hotel. I had made my reservation 3 months in advance but he claimed that it was first come, first serve and all the rooms were taken. So, instead of getting the two-bed master suite I had paid for, I ended up with the one king bed master suite. Disappointing, but especially with his lack of caring. Then of course, he wouldn't release the room keys until I talked to the person who is trying to sell you the "timeshare." How nice... She was so upset because I told her that I would never purchase a timeshare at a hotel that can't even get my reservation correct. I asked Juan to have the manager contact me. As you might expect from a mismanaged hotel, that never happened. Finally, one of my friends came to visit and the front gate attendant would not let him in because it was 8:15 pm. I would not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Each suite comes with a panoramic ocean view from your private balcony and has amenities like outdoor Jacuzzis, a beauty salon with mini-spa and tennis courts nearby. Relax below 150-year-old mangroves that surround a free-form pool and stroll the shoreline by the bay. Located next world famous sport fishing waters, golf courses, and the Gold Zone, you can enjoy any number of nearby activities on both land and water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Hotel Mazatlan
- Mazatlan Emerald Bay
- Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Mazatlan
- Emerald Bay Mazatlan