“Nice resort, pools and beach!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay

Save Saved
You added Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay to your Saves list
Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ave Ernesto Coppel Campana 201 | Camino Al Delfin, Mazatlan 82110, Mexico   |
Ranked #5 of 75 hotels in Mazatlan
Marshall
“Nice resort, pools and beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Nice resort. It took us a couple of days to get the hang of things, what was where, and where to eat. The pool was so warm! Very clean water, and nice relaxing areas. The views from the top floor of building K were not that good, but not bad by any means. We were close to the Bistro and the smaller pool which was great. Was quite a hike to the front/office areas. See my comments in the hints section.

The activities were more for older teens (16+ in most cases), and my 14 and 9 year old didn't have any activities to particiapte in.

Room Tip: If you want to be close to the wi-fi, choose building G or H. There is resort wide internet for a...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

1,057 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Roseburg, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Pueblo Bonito Resorts are the best. Emerald Bay is no exception. It has been our annual getaway for over ten years. We've seen improvements over the years and we continue to come back. The rooms are great, the views are great, and the food is great. This year, our stay was special because of all the music venues available. Listening to Sergio play the sax while dining outside in the Bistro patio was excellent. Having drinks and snacks at Kelly's Bar while listening to Rafael was just superb. And we always enjoy a special meal at Angelo's while listening to Andres. The Super Deli is a great place to eat also. The pools, the spa, the gym, the landscaping, and the staff are just great. Can't say enough good things about it and we plan on coming back next year.

Room Tip: We like a room with a terrace and a couple of chaise lounges.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Mayra P, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Dough H,

We appreciate your kind remarks and the time you took to review us, we also would like to thank you for your preference on choosing Emerald Bay for 10 years in a row! Guests like you are what make us feel satisfied for the quality of the service we strive to provide each day.

Best Regards,
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

This place is AH-Mazing. We have frequented PB Emerald Bay twice now and plan to go back soon. The grounds are lush and beautiful with the many waterfalls, fountains, and even peacocks at entry to the atrium which, by the way is also spectacularly decorated. Food is delicious and staff was always on hand to drive us to our unit as we are on one of the end units. Pool is beyond amazing. Beach is picturesque and due to it's location you pretty much have the beach to yourself. The Sopa De Tortilla is crazy good and I find myself craving it from time to time. The cute little towel animals (swans, etc) are the perfect touch. If you are fortunate enough to be able to stay at PB Emerald Bay expect perfection.

Room Tip: The only downfall is the location which for many would be just fine. It is very quiet and quaint, h...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Rachel P,
We feel so pleased after reading your nice review, we would like to thank you for your preference on choosing Emerald Bay for the second time, hope to welcome your anytime soon!

Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Just returned from another awesome week at PB emerald bay! with family and friends 16 of us east tennesseeans converged on our favorite vacation spot including 1-6month old. The all inclusive was buy 5 days and get 2 free and is more than worth it! We had 5 jr suites and one villa. We did the zipline again, and it was again fantastic. If I live long enough to see a golf course it will be my very own heaven on earth. We visited from June 1-8 which is off season, but we kinda like that too. Hoping the cruise ships come back soon, many of the golden zone shop owners who we have come to know thru the years are struggling big time. You simply will not find more bang for your buck than PB emerald bay in beautiful mazatlan, mx!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Centralia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

This resort far exceeded my expectations-I loved it! I had never been to an all-inclusive before and wasn't sure that was my thing. Again-loved it. All the food was delicious. The only buffet was breakfast, all other meals were served and ordered off the menus.
My visit was the last week in May-very very quiet there as this is their off season. I loved that too. The weather was perfect. Low 80's during the day and low 70's at night. Slept with my top floor terrace door open to the waves. It's very safe and secure at PB.
I never visited the main pool as it was more of a party type atmosphere with music and such. Although, still allot of chairs available! Visited the adult pool one day, but most mingled around the bar and the busy server did not come out to the chairs. Had to order and then take my drink out myself.
Then I discovered the wonderful quiet, warm, large pool at the Bistro. I spent all the rest of my days there. Nice restaurant there for lunch or dinner. Pool service was provided for drinks and usually there were only 2 or 3 other couples or families there. Very quiet and peaceful. I strolled down the quiet empty beach picking up pretty shells to arrive there. All areas are so extremely clean and well cared for. The water must be salt as it is so soft,clear, and warm.
Yes, I am glad I did the time share 90 min presentation. In return I received 3 spa visits for the price of one , discounted to $45 and the $150 resort credit. I paid only $39 on my departure. It was great paying for everything up front and no surprises upon leaving.
There were two restaurants available and Kelly's bar. On Tuesday and Friday evenings Raphael Rodriguez plays great music at Kelly's. Because he was so good, I went to see him again at another venue at the Marina. Taxi was only $7. I met up with expats there who are living the good, inexpensive life in Mazatlan and loving it.
In fact Mazatlan itself was a wonderful surprise! It was not even in my top 25 places to visit-but it is now. I fortunately won 3 nights at Pueblo Bonito and added a couple more on my own plus the all inclusive option. I did the math after I received my final bill, and the AI option was very worth it. I've visited many other places in Mexico, but Mazatlan is still small, but large enough to have all the amenities.
I used the free shuttle and visited the other resort one evening for dinner at Angelo's. Best meal of the trip! Using this shuttle also get's you much closer to town if you'd like to visit. I enjoyed staying further out due to the peace and quiet.
I stayed in a Junior Suite which was more than adequate for my solo visit. It had a kitchenette that I only used to make morning coffee. I had a lovely terrace where I watched the sunset every evening. I had a tour of the other rooms and villas. A master suite would be perfect for a couple, although the one I saw did not have a terrace-only windows that opened to the sea. A master and junior suite can be connected. The villas are to die for with their own private pools, bedrooms with private baths-but no ocean view. The spa is lovely.
Would I go again? I certainly hope too! All the staff were friendly, polite, and happy. Service was extremely good.
From what I could see, Emerald Bay is by far the nicest resort in Mazatlan. Plus no beach peddlers. I'd now like to look into affordable retirement options in Mazatlan myself!

Room Tip: Go for the top floor views! Plus floors are all tile, so if on a lower floor, you will hear people...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Catherine K,

We feel pleased after reading such a nice and friendly review, we are glad that you had the time to enjoy all of our facilities and that you had a wonderful stay with us.
Looking forward to welcome you anytime soon!

Culiacan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I really like pueblo bonito Emerald bay but i have to say that the "welcome reception" at the front desk was desapointing, they act like they are doing you a favor instead of make you feel welcome! I was suposed to recieve a bottle of wine at my arrival as a gift because the hotel's aniversary but no bottle was placed in my Room i had to beg for it! That's not a five star attitude!!!!
Despite the front desk staff, everyone else is super friendly! The pool staff, the bar staff the restaurante staff all of them had the best attitude!!! Always wanted to please you in every way!
The hotel is beautiful, the gardens , the views spectaular!!!! But the thing is that you can not swim in the ocean because of the rocks. But everything else it's just Perfect!
I hope to return soon!

• Stayed June 2013
ferrisburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

the grounds are spectacular. The pools are huge and beautiful. I enjoyed all inclusive because there was a great selection of restaurants to choose from. We loved taking the free shuttle into town to eat on the beach under a palapa topped place owned by Emerald Beach's sister resort and we were offered the "gourmet sampling" of 6 courses with our all inclusive, at a little Italian restaurant in town. Whatever you do, STAY AWAY from the timeshare presentation just next door, down the beach at La Jolla.My husband & I were walking the beach one morning and were lured in with an offer of $500.00. Should have known right there something was up. Long story short, they scammed us big time and now they have $7,000.00 and we have NOTHING to show for it. They are lurking right next door, so watch out.
Ask Pueblo Bonito staff about them and you will probably get an earful of others like us who fell into their trap. Anyway our week at Emerald Beach was very pleasant.

Room Tip: not all rooms have a view of the ocean
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Carole,
Thank you very much for writing such a nice review, and also for taking the time to review us. We feel very happy to hear that you had a wonderful time during your stay at Emerald Bay.
Hope to welcome you anytime soon.

Best Regards,
David Tussi, General Manager

Been to Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay? Share your experiences!