The only thing that Pueblo Bonito staff are interested in is selling new timeshares or getting owners to invest more. An arriving guest has to maneuver through a horde of chattering sales people to check in and then are accosted again after they are while their bags are moved through the lobby to the back for transportation to the rooms.
Why do that when the place is going downhill. The TVs are ancient, the couches are sub-par, the food is just okay, the reception is lousy, the grounds are not properly maintained and the level of service has degenerated since they let go 25% of their staff. The staff who is there try hard but you can tell they are all overworked and the stress is getting to them.
The beach even though you cannot swim in it is beautiful, the pool is nice except for weekends when it fills up with hundreds of kids. It seems they are encouraging a class of clientele who pack the rooms to capacity and then spend the whole weekend grabbing lounge chairs at 6:00am. There is a policy to not let this happen but it is never enforced.
The spa is beautiful but way over priced. A massage at the spa is $100 and in town about $25. Our local high end fitness center has a massage for $75. The no show penalty and 24 hour appointment requirement plus high prices made it totally undesirable as an experience.
My advice is if you get a good deal, take it, but do not spend 5 star money on a 2 star service resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Each suite comes with a panoramic ocean view from your private balcony and has amenities like outdoor Jacuzzis, a beauty salon with mini-spa and tennis courts nearby. Relax below 150-year-old mangroves that surround a free-form pool and stroll the shoreline by the bay. Located next world famous sport fishing waters, golf courses, and the Gold Zone, you can enjoy any number of nearby activities on both land and water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Hotel Mazatlan
- Mazatlan Emerald Bay
- Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Mazatlan
- Emerald Bay Mazatlan