This was my first time in Mazatlan, but not my first time at a Pueblo Bonito resort - I was really surprised.
The grounds are stunning at Emerald Bay, but I am so perplexed by the outstanding reviews for this resort. The rooms are not great (ants and roaches), the food is subpar( drinks are watered down - poor job at fine dining - even worse job at their own cuisine) and there is not really a beach.
The high point of the trip was the spa. It was expensive, but worth every penny. I had 5 treatments in all.
Their sister resort in town was a nice getaway. You hop a free hourly shuttle.... They have a beach and a cute little restaurant with amazing views! I wouldn't stay there - it's old and in my opinion, it's not in a great part of town. The Gold Zone was a half mile down, but most of the shops were boarded up. I got a eerie feeling walking through the area. I know the economy really hit them, but I have not seen anything like this in Mexico - and I have been all over the country.
Old town was great. Many restaurants in a square lit up in the evening. My favorite was Topolo.
I know this is the nicest resort in Mazatlan, but I question whether the reviewers travel other cities in Mexico. There is so much more to offer all around.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Hotel Mazatlan
- Mazatlan Emerald Bay
- Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Mazatlan
- Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Hotel
- Emerald Bay Mazatlan
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Each suite comes with a panoramic ocean view from your private balcony and has amenities like outdoor Jacuzzis, a beauty salon with mini-spa and tennis courts nearby. Relax below 150-year-old mangroves that surround a free-form pool and stroll the shoreline by the bay. Located next world famous sport fishing waters, golf courses, and the Gold Zone, you can enjoy any number of nearby activities on both land and water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.