We've been to PBEB several times. We love the resort; it is always clean and well maintained. It's a beautiful property.
The pool service has declined dramatically over the last couple of years. It will usually take about an hour to receive your food bill. This year, we decided we were done with pool service when it took 20 minutes to receive drinks and 50 minutes to receive chips and salsa. Generally speaking, people prefer to have their food and drink at the same time. We had to chase them down for the bill. Again. Sadly, this is the level of service one should expect... it's not just an unfortunate exception.
The La Cordelier is not much of an exception. My husband still is "teasing" me about my $35 scrambled eggs. The Sunday brunch is different than the other days of the week...it's not $150 pesos. Alas. That was some expensive eggs and chilequiles. In addition, the place is absolutely overrun with birds. There is bird poop everywhere. It must be unsanitary. We won't return to the La Cordelier.
We were there for two weeks. Everything else about our stay was fantastic. We'll return to the resort. The spa is one of my absolute favorite amenities! Not only are there services available for a fee, there is a wonderful hydrotherapy circuit. It feels like a bath from the inside out. SO refreshing! DO the cold plunge! The first time is difficult, but once you get into the heated pool, it's so worth it, and so much easier to make several trips back and forth.
Dial up internet is available in the rooms, wireless is only available near the Deli. They have (dreadful, ancient) computers available for a fee (which is great in a pinch...my computer crashed, and at least they were available) at the deli as well.
Ask for your preferred location in advance. If you know a general area of where you'd like to be, they will try to accomodate. We did, and were located exactly where we asked to be. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Each suite comes with a panoramic ocean view from your private balcony and has amenities like outdoor Jacuzzis, a beauty salon with mini-spa and tennis courts nearby. Relax below 150-year-old mangroves that surround a free-form pool and stroll the shoreline by the bay. Located next world famous sport fishing waters, golf courses, and the Gold Zone, you can enjoy any number of nearby activities on both land and water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Hotel Mazatlan
- Mazatlan Emerald Bay
- Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Mazatlan
- Emerald Bay Mazatlan