“OUR SECOND HOME” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 75 hotels in Mazatlan
Surrey, Canada
“OUR SECOND HOME”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2010

Once again the El Cid El Moro has made another year of our vacation memorable. The front desk staff makes us feel like family upon check-in,.Mr Jose Velasco The Room Division Mgr..is ALWAYS there to make all guest feel welcome immediately upon arrival.
All of his staff at the front desk are always there to answer and help all guests.
The Staff at the La Concha Restaurnt...Manola, Victor, Jesus...and all the rest of the staff make our time there so wonderful....WE MISS U ALL.
The rooms are extremely large and very well appointed..will all kitchens fully equiped with all new appliances..just have to add groceries...but I would suggest just eating and sampling all of the fine restaurants on site...thank all...again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 10, 2011
Dear DeweywhiteRock

Firstly, thanks for your loyalty and for taking the time to share such wonderful review. I am glad you enjoyed your experience at this your home, El Cid Moro Beach Hotel and found the staff helpful, besides that we exceeded your expectations with the room.

As you may experience, Mr. Velasco, Mr. Hernandes and all the staff are always doing their best to go beyond expectations to assure that our guests are having a great time with us.
For your next stay at this your resort, feel free to contact me for any assistance you may have.

590 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Duluth, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2010

We love to travel to Mexico and especially love Mazatlan. We stayed at the El Cid Morro Beach the week before Christmas. The hotel is beautiful and very well kept and clean. We had a very nice room that was spacious and comfortable. The view from the deck was to die for - incredible view of the city and ocean! We were also so pleased with the staff. All were so friendly and courteous! We were treated so well, and they really seemed to care about our comfort! Inez, who greated us when we arrived, made a wonderful first impression. She was so warm and friendly and made us feel like family! Hugo who was a wonderful waiter at the La Concha restaurant who was nice and friendly The golf pro at the driving range, gave my husband some great tips and straightened out his swing in a number of minutes. Honestly, this is the best hotel we have ever stayed at anywhere in Mexico! We certainly reccommend it and will go back again!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 23, 2010
Dear kristi_mn

I would like to express my thanks to you for sharing your experience in El Cid Moro Beach Hotel, we are glad to read that you had a memorable vacation. Kind words such as yours, are our inspiration to continue working hard every day to have happy and repetitive guests.
We are proud of offering high levels of quality in service, for that reason, we appreciate your recognition to Hugo and Inez.

On behalf of all the staff we lok forward to host you again. We wish you merry christmas.

Mark Covarruvias Mckay
Inverness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2010

I went to El Moro with my husband and 13 year old daughter and we all had an amazing time. The hotel staff were extremely polite and service in the restaurants was very fast. For food there was a great choice, with all inclusive the restaurants that were included with the package were great, one with nightly entertainment that is great for a family night it, as well as the ones that werent included in the package. It was our third time at the hotel and it has been consistently good!
The hotel is steps from the beach and there are many activities that you can do from jet skis to wave runners. Near the hotel there is an amazing golf course which my husband and myself went on a few times when my daughter was wrapped up in activities by the pool!
There is easy access to the town centre and there are plenty of shops around the hotel as well.
Overall a great stay and we will definitely be going again next year but probably in April as it was a bit too hot!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2010
Dear mexico222

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this amazing review. we are delighted to read that overall your experience with us was great; your satisfaction is the result of the daily efforts of our staff to exceed our guest´s satisfaction.

We will be happy to serve you again in next April, please feel free to contact me for any help you may need for your next trip.

Happy holidays

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2010

I have recently stayed at El Cid Moro Hotel in Mazatlan. It was a great experience. The rooms were impeccably clean, and the staff was very helpful and showed a great disposition, especially the staff at the Club Elite. The location is great, within walking distance to shops, restaurants, etc. and the weather was superb. I recommend this hotel without hesitation.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Dear casinor

Thank you for your review. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay at El Cid Moro Beach Hotel. We are delighted as well, that you have found our staff hospitable and always dedicated to go beyond expectations, thanks again for all your praises.

We look forward to serve again in a near future, and thanks for your recommendation, it is much appreciated.

Best regards,

Canada, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2010

I am so pleased with the good service they gave me at the hotel very friendly staff and delicious food that is rich in love that I left all my friends tell them to visit the hotel El Cid Moro thank all the people working there I attended a wonderful

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 11, 2010
Dear irais_10

Thanks a lot for your kind words. How great is to read we overall exceeded all your expectations. We are proud to have such hospitable staff, we appreciate your recognition to all of them.

We will be gladly to serve you again in a near future.

Happy holidays,

Greenville, Wi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2010

Let me first say that I never felt like I was in danger in Mazatlan. The city itself was fine and even a place to be sought out for some interesting cultural experiences. We loved the cuban restauarant called Carlos and Lucia's.

As for this hotel, it is aging without question. Our room had a rusty refrigerator with a fish smell and the worst part was that it did not get cold or even cool. We had the unfortunately event of sewer gas. The kitchen amenities were an affornt to the words "kitchen amentities." There was a near constant pressure to attend timeshare presentations. The food was average at best in all restaurants. The beach is filled with hawkers who we had to dodge. And yes, we understand the culture, but these people were relentless.

On the bright side, the pool was lovely. Check out the photos. Of course, the drinks at the pool were not exactly high or even medium end.

I waited a few weeks before i wrote this becasue I wanted to see what my memory produced. It has been a month and to my recollection I've only added a bit of distaste and some irritation. It wasn't the worst vacation I've ever had, but it certainly will not be remembered as the best.

I'd like to go back to Mazatlan to a hotel with some quality.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 6, 2010
Dear SartySnopes

First of all, thanks for sharing this valuable review. we take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations. We are disappointed to note that some aspects of the hotel did not satisfy you, our focus has always been to offer our guests the best in facilities and service, and clearly we still have a lot to do. Please accept my most sincere apologize.

By the other side, I am happy to read that you enjoyed of the pool. On behalf of all the staff from El Cid Moro Beach Hotelm thanks for this constructive criticism.

We would appreciate if you decide to give us an opportunity to prove we are working to correct these situations.

Best regards,

Hackettstown, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for a week in November. The location is fine, but the hotel needs to update its amenities. The rooms have plenty of space, but the furniture is old and the beds are SO uncomfortable! I looked underneath the bed because it felt as if I were sleeping on a cement slab, and sure enough it looks like I actually was! The linens on the bed (the comforter and blanket) didn't look as clean as they should have. Paint looked to be peeling in places in and outside of hotel. Mazatlan is an interesting city and worth getting our of your resort to explore. The atmosphere is sometimes tough to handle, because of all the people trying to sell you an item or service! Even on the beach in front of the resort you were constantly bothered. The timeshare representatives were terrible and pressured you constantly to sit for a presentation. The food at the resort was pretty terrible. The breakfasts and lunch at La Concha was fine, but ALL the dinners were terrible! The pools were nice and comfortable to sit around, but even the pool furniture needs updating. The staff was attentive around the pool, but the front desk staff didn't seem to be able to answer all our questions. The meal plan was not worth buying! You could only eat at certain restaurants on certain days for certain meals. Have to make reaservations 24 hrs in advance. Even if you do call ahead, you are not guaranteed a reservation. It's not worth eating the food anyway. You are better off eating outside the resort. There was an Italian restaurant across the street from the resort which had great food. In the city itself there were a lot of great restaurants as well. The weather was GREAT though and we really did have a wonderful week. If you stay around the resort, hang at the pools as the beach space is extremely limited in front of hotel. Better yet, explore beautiful Mazatlan!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2010
Dear oceanmmi

Many thanks for taking the time to share your recent experience with us at El Cid Moro Beach Hotel. Comments may not be positive but allow us to evaluate and make decisions based on our guest´s feedback. I sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations in some aspects of the hotel and for that I sincerely apologize.

We were concerned to note that furniture, beds and amenities were not to your satisfaction. We have also taken note that you were not completely satisfied with the food, please know that the respective department heads involved have read your review and have personally followed up on all of your concerns.

On a positive note, we were pleased to note that you enjoyed of the pools and location.

Thank you very much again for selecting our hotel, my team and I, hope that the few negative points that you mentioned will not deter you from returning to El Cid Moro Beach Hotel again in the near future.

Warmest regards,

Mark Covarrubias Mckay

Been to El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!