“Most awesome staff ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Up to 50% Off
Ranked #9 of 76 Hotels in Mazatlan
alaska
“Most awesome staff ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

What an amazing surprise this resort was. We usually go to the Mexican Caribbean, but this time we were invited by my brother to join them as they are owners of this vacation club. Man what a trip. The resort and staff exceeded or expectation so much. I want to mention our waiters, Francisco Rentena, Felix, Angel, the beach security guy, Esteban, especially..(All the staff was fantastic though)
My thanks to them all.
Then there was the activities group, Cesar, Jesus, Cynthia, Aldo and the entire activities staff kept us very entertained with their daily activities. They are all so friendly and energetic. I especially enjoyed the bingo and the black jack tournaments. Then there are the shows at El Patio and La Pergola. SOOOOO fantastic, we went back night after night.
I cannot wait to see them all again and look forward to next years vacation. Maybe we will do the El Cid resort in Cancun. Where ever my brother decides to take us is alright with me as long as it is a El CID resort!
Our suite was pretty nice, but we didn't spend much time there as the true Paradise was outside at the Beach and pool. The housekeeping staff was great as well. Our room was always spiffy when we came back. and the Housekeeping staff was so polite and eager to please.
Thank you and Feliz Navidad from Keith and Dyanna in Alaska!

Room Tip: Love the corner suites. view of pools and ocean and sunset.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

another year as past and we are heading home after 6 weeks at our 2 home, what a wonderful time we had again (as usual) everything was excellent...Guillermo ..captain at La Concha..thank you so much,Senor..Rosy again u are so good at what u do!!, Senor Velasco..my special Manager..we love u!!, Captains....Joel,(La Pergola) Victor (El Patio)great job my amigos!!....there is a special lady that everyday works so hard cleaning and smiling at the VIP pool. her name is Alma Rosa, super lady!!.. waiters..La Concha...Jesus, Ramon, great guys..I will really miss the special lady that makes our omelettes every morning, always a beautiful smile on her face!! Rosario our house keeping Queen, always seems to know exactly what we want and need...and last but not least, Salvatore..u always are there for any questions and make our trip the best.. Feliz Navidad and look forward to seeing are the "special" friends next year...

r

Room Tip: we perfer the top floors, norther side is quieter, but windy some days, south side have great views...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
GMELCID, Director General at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear, Deweywhiterock
I was delighted and extremely proud to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We value greatly such encouraging and complimentary comments, which allow us to focus on the important issues of guest service and personal attention, and continue to inspire and motivate us to maintain the high level of service we aim to provide.

I will take great pride in sharing your generous comments with my colleagues. On behalf of all my team, may I thank you again for taking the time and trouble to share with us your kind comments. Also, your recommendations are perfect.

We look forward to having the sincere pleasure of welcoming you back to El Cid Marina Beach Hotel on February and many more occasions in the future and if I personally can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

With Season's wishes
Seward
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

My stay with my two sisters could not have been better. The wait staff is beyond excellent, especially Horge Murillo. But I can't forget Tomas, Hermes, Felix, Miguel, Angel, Ramone and especially Poncho. Guillermo was the man for late night drinks. I know I've forgotten people but everyone was great and can't wait for next year. We love Horge!

• Stayed November 2014
GMELCID, Director General at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Debra J,

Thank you for choosing us to host you out of the many options in Mazatlan to host your vacation. It’s so great to hear about your wonderful time with us. I am glad that my staff was able to provide such excellent service to you and was part of what made your vacation great. I hope that you visit us again soon.

Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This is an all-inclusive resort, located in Mazatlan rather than in the middle of nowhere, so it is easy to visit the town to do some site-seeing and shopping. The resort itself is very nice, clean, with adequate pool areas where you are constantly plied with drinks. You can get all sorts of snacks around the pools, such as grilled shrimp in garlic. Mmm! A couple of the restaurants on the resort are not available to all-inclusive clients, but most are. All of these restaurants are available for breakfast and lunch, but only some are available for dinner, and the selection changes every day. To be sure you can dine in the restaurant of your choice, you should make a reservation the day before. But I advise you to stay away from the beef. Everything else is great.
There is a doctors office and a small supermarket right beside the complex, which is very convenient.
Just keep saying "no thank you" to the time-share sales staff!

Dear David G,

Thank you for taking the time in writing this review, I am glad that your stay was so pleasant and you had a chance to explore Mazatlan for this beautiful city has much to offer starting from great scenery and culture. I see you had the opportunity to try food and beverages and you found your Favorite dish thank you for letting us know your feedback on the beef we will definitely be looking into that . I will pass along you kind comments to those who they correspond to, I am sure this will give them the confidence to keep up the good work. We hope to see you again in a near future.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed at El Cid El Moro from Nov 19th - Dec 4th. Transportation from the airport perfect as always. Check in quick and easy. Drinks provided while checking in of course. Request for a particular room taken care of by Thania no problem. Excellent bell service by David you think. Seeing Rosy while checking in icing on the cake. That was the first hour. That is how I have been treated at the El Cid Resorts in Mazatlan every time I visit which is twice a year. The amazing thing is that all the staff treat everyone this way. Lots of upgrades to the property and rooms. Digital room safes new tv's etc. As is my custom I do part of my stay on the all inclusive plan. Food was excellent La Concha a great spot for breakfast,lunch and dinner. The garlic shrimp were delicious. Alhambra for lunch make sure you're there when they are having grilled shrimp on the menu. El Patio at The Granada a great meal every time. At all the restaurants and buffet the service is impeccable. I had friends whose cruise ship was in port for a day. Showed them Centro Historico and then came to El Moro to finish their day in Mazatlan. I asked Rosy if I could show them one of the vacant 2 bedroom suites in the annex. Thank you Rosy they were impressed. Finished their day with a swim in the ocean and margaritas on the beach. I'm pretty sure they will be visiting El Cid and Mazatlan next year instead of a cruise. I don't know how they do it but every trip is better than the last. Looking forward to my next stay in April.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Dear Greg G ,

Thank you for choosing us out of the many hotels in Mazatlan to host your stay, as well as for taking time out of your day to write this review. I´m happy to hear you were so fond of our resort starting from the food to the staff, we pride ourselves In always giving 100% in what we do and our main property is to provide a memorable staff and insure our guest are well taken care of , I am glad we were able to do that in your case . Rest assure that all your kind comments well be passed along I am sure they will be very please and help them continue with their efforts. We hope to see you soon .

Clarkston, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

we had a wonderful week with you, it was our first time in Mexico and won't be our last.
two of our waiters were exceptional, so I want to say thank you to them, Daniel Osuna
and Angel Ocegueda. Great job gentlemen!!
We also want to mention Luis Villanueva, he is a delight to be with.
and last but not least Veronica, with the information group. I didn't
get her last name, but she will know who I mean.
Feliz Navidad to you all, from Barb and Wayne, in Michigan!!!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
GMELCID, Director General at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear BarbaraY,

I want to take a moment and thank you for choosing to stay at El Cid Moro Beach Hotel while traveling with family to Mazatlan. I also want to thank you for taking the additional time to write about your stay and our staff. I am so glad that Daniel Osuna, Angel Ocegueda, Luis Villanueva and Veronica was so nice to deal with, I love rewarding our staff with guest feedback such as yours as this helps them know how important customer service is to each guest while traveling away from home.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be.

Fort McMurray, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was our first trip to Mexico and it certainly will not be our last. The El Cid Hotel was just fantastic and the Staff is amazing. Ramon Ramirez and Jesus Coronado were so great with the kids at meal time we looked for their section every day. The activities staff kept the kids so entertained that it gave us some downtime as parents - thank you to Aldo, Cesar and Cynthia. The evening shows at the Pergola were very well done and fun to watch. Rosita made our room sparkle every day. And we can't forget the amazing Rosy, she answered every question you had and made sure your stay was amazing.

Room Tip: Weekend noise can from pool party's can travel into the room, but a pool, ocean view is still wo...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
GMELCID, Director General at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Brookeb30,

Thank you so much for your more than positive review! We strive to make every guests stay as comfortable as possible and I'm excited that we were able to exceed your expectations in this area.
Your compliments of our staff are most appreciated. Ramon, Jesus, Cesar, Cynthia, Aldo and Rosy were gleaming from ear to ear when they read your review and boasting to the rest of the staff.
We do hope to have a chance to welcome you back in the future. We are looking forward to making your next visit at our property a very memorable experience.

We hope to see you again next year!

General Manager.

Been to El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!