“Great and friendly service” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Great Sale: Up to 63% Off
Ranked #7 of 75 hotels in Mazatlan
Long Island, New York
“Great and friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was my second time back with my sisters and it was awesome. Everything from the food to the service was amazing. Two people that really made the time great were Angel Rodolfo and Ramon Morales at La Conchita snack bar, they were very helpful and they treated my family and I like we were part of their family. I will definitely be coming back and hopefully soon. Thank you for a great time you guys are awesome!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
GMELCID, Director General at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Dave Z

Many thanks for taking time and effort to share your wonderful experiences to the readers of the Trip Advisor.

We are very glad to read about your kind review and charming words about the facilities, especially to know that you enjoyed everything including the food, and the special mention to Angel, Rodolfo and Ramon Morales. Each guest comment is without a doubt an opportunity to all the team members, as this will tremendously help us in continuously and consistently improve on our services.

Once again, thank you so much for your confidence in our service and providing us with such constructive remarks and thank you for choosing El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel as your holiday destination in Mazatlan. I am sure you will become our frequent guest and will all be more than happy to welcome you back soon!

Best regards,

General Manger.

590 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE! Great service from thew staff! They treat you like a Queen/ King here. The Restaurant is beautiful. I recommend all Inclusive because the food is great. The restaurant has many great servers. My boyfriend and I had a great experience with Josue, and Jonathan. I enjoyed this place alot, and my boyfriend and i ended up buying a time share which if you like to travel, i recommend it! Airport is about 20 minutes away. not bad of a drive.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Danielle A

As always, thank you for your time and review which we really appreciate. We are delighted to learn you enjoyed your stay with us at El Cid Moro Beach Hotel, and especially that our staff went beyond your expectations.

As El Cid Resort´s promises, we hope every guest feel refreshed and replenished after their journey with us.

Unwind with us another time. We expect to you come back soon.

Kind regards,

General Manager.
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We are El Cid owners and this was our first visit to mazatlan property. We were greater @ the airport by the el cid shuttle bus promptly. We arrived and check in was simple we also purchased the all inclusive bands for 6 days 7 nights @ $700 for 2 adults you must show your Elcid "membership to receive the 25% off". This also applies for fishing and other purchases for tours etc...the property was very clean and the food was great. We ate ate the pool bar a lot "la conchita" and met 2 wonderful servers Alex Flores Garcia & Franciso Renteria who were amazingly serving everyone with a smile. We never felt forgotten and their menu suggestions were spot on. The show at night was hilarious and the food was good and they sat you with other people in the resort. We were uncomfortable with that part the first day because we mainly speak English but it forced us to speak the little Spanish we know and it wasn't all that bad. We ventured off the property to the market down town and it was a lot of pushy vendors but a stern "no thanks" worked. The open taxi ride was a hysterical experience (because of the rain ) but overall $30 pesos to the market and back. We also ate at "la concha" the main dining area it was fantastic for breakfast and dinner( we didn't need reservations because we are owners) but you need to make them if your not . Also the Argentina restaurant "la patio" was amazing their "chimichury steak sauce " was the bomb!! The BEACH was rough because of the storms the night before but over all its not a snorkeling beach as in Cozumel. A lot of vendors but a stern NO will work and the beach seating is non existent because they are taken by people's stuff. Overall there is a lot of activities for the children (cake decorating, pool bingo, Zumba , ping pong tournament and painting pottery and pool volleyball they also have a huge slide with a place to dive off of rocks. They played music at the pool most of the day and it shuts down @ 10 pm. Also there is many pools and a QUIET ONE for ADULTS .Seating was good and there is also ADULT games like "beer drinking contest and tequila singing " I'd say that was hilarious ! Overall we enjoyed our vacation we didn't need to ask for anything and our room was cleaned and stocked daily. If you have time visit the "ElCid Marina Hotel" its a taxi ride away and they have a private beach and servers too. We spent a whole day there and there were only 3 other families on the beach. Also as members visit the country club and golf course we ran out of time. I'd visit again and looking forward to seeing our new found friend in Mazatlan we made. Forgot to mention the drinks were great and if I wanted a double I got it:))......can't be mad at that. WIFI is free for owners !

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
GMELCID, Director General at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Patricia G,

Thank you for allowing us to host your recent vacations, and allowing us to be the first experience in Mazatlan. It sounds like overall you had an exceptional time, I glad you found our rooms to be spacious and found our staff to be so accommodating we strive to give the best service possible and we expect no less. I will definitely pass along your remarks to the chef about his chimichury steak sauce I’m sure he will be please to hear. We hope you visit us again soon.

Salvatore Sanchez,
Toluca, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Any time i took a look to anywhere... there was a rude person refereng to me like if i was any kind of person known by each of them, they treated me like trash...
just like tree people in the whole h0otel were kind with the gueasts.
and by add... my room wasnt made by tree o´clock.
there was not enough shampoo and not enough conditioner even when i call to the reception, they never took advice of the service i was sking for.
my door got broke 3 times in a period of two days.
The bedclothes were dirty and if ive had another choise i would rader prefer to visit another hotel resort the next time i visit mazatlan or any other part of the world.
glasess at lobby bar are inapropiated to geasts, they´re plastic.
All the Administration of the place should put an orther to use only fresh ingredients in all beberages, they are preparing cocktails with artificial flavoured lemon instead of fresh lemon juice, to almost the majority of the gueasts these has bad consecuences o their health.

Finally, the instalations and badrooms are inadecuated to all types of users, it seems like if the cleaning personal wanted to be know because they have no idea of the existence of kids.
when my nephew went to the badroom he drop the soap just by pressing the service botton... it split all over5 the floor and over him.
this is a common mistake.

in addition, i would never recomend this hotel to any person, thanks!

Room Tip: rooms are pooor and dirty, the air conditioner is bad.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Alicia Ines V,

Thank you for taking the time in writing this review informing us on how your stay turned out.

I am sorry to see that you trip did not turn out quite like you thought out to be, it concerns me to hear that my staff did not treat you like you deserve to be treated but rest assure I will further investigate what is was that went wrong and the proper precautions will be taken. I wish you would have contacted me during you stay so I got have been notified and made sure that you had all the necessities. My sincere apologies I can assure you this is not a situation we have often than you for informing me. I hope you can reconsider us in a near future and let you see what our resort is really made of.

Medford, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had one of the best vacations at the el cid el moro hotel. The grounds are kept very beautifully and clean, it is right on the beach. We had one of the rooms with both of the city view and the ocean view; just sitting out on the balcony listening to the waves while reading a book was enough for me to relax and forget all the stress. The hotel offers great food, do try to get the premier all-inclusive plan if you can, and just try all the restaurants, you may find some hidden gems. Please do try the dinner menu at the La Concha restaurant, the menu is short and simple but the food will WOW you.

I also have to mention the amazing staff at the hotel; they offer the best customer service I have ever experienced. I have to especially thank Angel Rodolfo & Ramon Morales from the La Conchita pool bar for making us feel right at home the first time we met them. They went out of their ways to make sure we got everything we needed. My brother looked for Angel and Ramon and basically stationed himself by the pool everyday if we’re not out touring. Thank you guys for making our week in Mazatlan a very special one, we will be back very soon! Until then my friends, keep doing what you are doing!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Ling Z,

There is no greater feeling then to hear about our guest having such a wonderful time! Our main objective is to always provide exceptional vacations for all! We work hard to maintain our installation looking their best and it’s always great when people take notice of our hard efforts. I am glad you were giving a chance to try our find cuisine and that you reached your satisfactions. I am so proud of Angel, Rodolfo and Ramon for their outstanding service they are indeed a great asset to our team. I can begin to express how much your kind words mean to us it helps us strive on becoming the best we can be. We await your arrival anxiously.

Goleta, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

After spending i week at el moro beach all I have to said thai I love this place, great staff, perfect location and many dining options. Our special thanks to Francisco Renteria at bar La Conchita,Cap Arturo and Miguel at El Alcazar restaurant, Francisco Ocampo and Jorge Rochin at sushi bar restaurant. The staff service make the difference in a great vacation experince.

Dear Jose G,

On behalf of my staff and I we would like to thank you for such thoughtful and motivating words.
We are glad you had such an enjoyable staff and rest assure the staff members you just mentioned will be given the recognition they deserve. We can wait to have you here with us again so we can yet again give you an unforgettable experience.

Warm Regards,
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Where do I even begin? There's so much to say about our stay at this hotel... From the popcorn walls and 70's decorated suites to high-pressure, lying sales people trying to get us buy a timeshare.

First, we stayed at this hotel because our parents owned a timeshare elsewhere and exchanged it through RCI and gave us a week for our honeymoon here thinking this would be a great place to have a week of relaxation after months of stress planning a wedding. When we called the hotel, they said they can arrange a pick up with their shuttle from the airport. We didn't realize that this shuttle is actually a taxi and you get picked up by a sales person who will try to get you to sign up for their timeshare presentation. An RCI rep named Olivia picked us up and immediately did her sales pitch. I told her we are not interested in buying a timeshare and we are here for our honeymoon. Newlywed has no money for timeshare! She then told us that they are not selling us anything. They just want to give us a tour of the hotel since it's our first time there and also wants to give us a city tour for free because they want us to know more about Mazatlan and hopefully we would come back. Sounds good, right? All lies. When she handed us the paper to sign for this 'free tour', it says we had to show a credit card. We told her no. We didn't want to do it because we know she's lying and this is a timeshare presentation. She flipped out and told us that we were the first people to say no to these 'free tours' and the only reason we needed to show our credit card was because they (the credit card companies) are the sponsors for these free stuff. Another lie. By the way, this was happening in the taxi on the way to the hotel. No shame. How could these people do this to their guests? They can't even wait for you to get to the hotel!

When we got to the hotel, we were surprised to see how old and worn out looking the hotel is. By the way, the sales lady was still hovering over us like a hawk and was really pushing for us to attend the free 'hotel tour'. Since she didn't want to take no for an answer and we were very tired from our travels and wanted to get rid of her, we agreed to do it.

We got to our room and was more surprised to see how old fashioned the room was. Popcorn walls everywhere and kitchen design was probably late 70's or early 80's. It was a little sad looking room. The kitchen was tiny and only one person can be there at a time. Our room has safety deposit box that uses an actual key! And if you lose the key, you have to pay like 600 pesos for it. So instead of not carrying anything with you except the room key card, we had to carry an extra key everywhere. Very inconvenience. And if you want wi-fi, you'll have to pay about 900 pesos per week per device. You can hear the hustle and bustle even on the 27th floor and there's no way to fully relax and disconnect. The hotel also hands out old pool towels with holes in them and they stop towel service at 5pm (according to the posted sign) when the pool closes at 8pm! It does not make sense!

The next day we went for this 'hotel tour' that of course turned out to be a sales presentation of their timeshare, like what we already knew. We told the person who was doing the presentation our horrible experience with Olivia and she at least was apologetic. Since we attended the presentation we got two tours for free, one for Deer Island and the city tour. The deer island tour was OK, but the city tour, don't waste your time. It was an advertising tour more than anything else. The tour stops at two jewelry shops, then at the end of the tour, you stop at a restaurant for lunch. You pay for your own meal and the food wasn't that good. I didn't really learn much about Mazatlan from this tour. In fact, just read it on Wikipedia! We really wasted almost a day for this worthless city tour.

Here's what I learned, if you don't own a credit card, they won't force you to attend the timeshare presentation. So maybe you should 'forget' to bring your credit card with you!

OK, few good things about this hotel:

1. Our room has a beautiful view of the water and the city (other hotels along the coast has the same or better view though)
2. Free parking across the hotel
3. Close to other restaurants and shops
4. They have a decent restaurant in case you don't want to go elsewhere

I would come back to Mazatlan, but I'd stay somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!