“Excellent Service” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Excellent Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

The El Cid resort is a little bit older, however the layout of the facility is well planned. The staff I have encountered poolside are wonderful, especially Paúl Salas. Paúl is charming in such an authentic way. He really doted on us and treated us special, letting us know what area he would be serving the following day. Boy, does he hustle too! I will definitely seek him out during my next visit. He made my trip that much more enjoyable.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
GMELCID, Director General at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Dear GeminiBro,

First of all I would like to say thanks for have been your choice in these your last vacations at the beutiful city of Mazatlan.

I am glad to hear that you had an exceptional stay at el Cid Moro and that Paul made of your vacations something more enjoyable and wonderful. For sure he will receive a mention for his excellent job provided to you.

I hope to see you back soon not in a far future. El Cid Resorts will give you a warm welcome to you and your family.

Kind Regards,

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Yes, our 2 bedroom suite was excellent. The corner, top floor suite had excellent views of both the city and the beach. And yes, the food at La Concha was superb. But I have to rate the service 6 stars, if possible. The staff at the restaurants and the pool side service were all very professional and eager to serve. Special mention to Ivan, Ramon, Ignacio, Francisco R. and Thomas. Ramon, the bell hop who first greeted us and the last to say goodbye and arranged a van taxi was super helpful. Rosie, the concierge was extremely efficient and so thoughtful. I called down to concierge to ask for the phone number of a bakery to order a birthday cake for my grand daughter who was celebrating her 9th birthday. Rosie said she would be happy to order the cake for me. She not only delivered it to our room while we were at the pool, she also arranged for our room to be decorated with baloons and all. Excellent staff!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
GMELCID, Director General at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear, RoniB_TX
We cannot be more pleased to read your recent review. I’m so happy to know that we meet your travel expectations in many ways, with your comfortable room, with a wonderful ocean view, the food and the service provided from our waiters at La Concha restaurant. Thanks for the special mentions to our staff, be assured that I will share your nice words with them.

It’s so sweet that Rosy help to you with your granddaughter celebration always is nice to be recognized for a little extra word, and I’m feeling so proud to know that el cid team works for the same purpose which is meet our guest satisfaction.

I hope we will soon have a chance to welcome you back and deliver even more pleasant surprises!

My best,

trevor-wa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

We ( my wife and I) have been going every year to the El Cid El Moro every year now for 20 years, it's our favorite warm weather vacation place by far. The staff is great and the price is a great value, Guillermo, the front desk manager really knows how to take care of people.

The ocean front view at La Concha is very relaxing and the food is good for reasonable prices.

The all inclusive option is a good deal if you drink alcohol, other wise the drinks are pricey relative to the room and food .

They do push the time shares pretty hard but people that have purchased them and use them seem happy.

The La Patio Italian/pizza restaurant on property but not owned by El Cid is very good and again reasonable prices, we love the pizza with shrimps

There is a new restaurant a block down the street, F.I.S.H (Fresh International Seafood House) that has very fresh and good seafood, especially the local oysters.

Room Tip: ocean front
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear, trevor-wa

Thank you very much for your recent stay at El Cid Moro and your trust during this 20 years, as well for taking the time to give a positive description of your impression during your visit. The comments of our guests are helping us to improve our service and the quality of product and will definitely be an inspiration to continue our efforts.

It is great to learn that you found our resort special, your comments on our service and our staff is the fuel we need to look every day for improvement, for you to have great memories from our Hotel to share and treasure.

We can't thank you enough for your patronage and kind recommendation. We agree that the people can be one of the most important parts of a hotel stay and are happy to hear that your experiences with our associates were amazing.
El Cid Resorts experience is truly unique in that it offers a relaxing feel with dedicated service.

Warm regards,

Saskatoon, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

The El Cid Resorts in Mazatlan are in the low to mid range of time share resorts. The rooms are comfortable and there are several upgrade options. If you decide on the elite all inclusive program the restaurants at the other El Cid properties are also available to you as well as some other amenities that are not available on the lesser programs.

The staff was very friendly and tried to be helpful but some things just don't work out the way we expect. The room was kept clean and if something was not to our liking someone came to have a look right away. Again remember this is not a high end resort. The pools were very good and there are pool activities you could register for. The food in the restaurants is good but the buffet was the same every day. I think they are very overpriced so if you are going to eat at the resort most of the time make sure to take the all inclusive. There are lots of good restaurants in Mazatlan. We went to the fiesta of course, and the food and drinks were very good but the show was long and boring.

What is a holiday without golf. The El Cid golf course is right at the resort. It is 27 holes and although it is not difficult it is challenging. We were there in January and it was not in as good of shape as it could have been but played well. A caddy is mandatory but if you are on a cart only one caddy is needed for two people. Our caddy was great and he knew the course inside out. The restaurant at the golf course served good food and the service was fast and friendly. We negotiated some pretty good rates and tee times through the resort staff and would recommend this course to other golfers. Again remember this is a resort golf course not PGA standards.

One other thing I would mention is for fishermen. The El Cid has a fleet of charter fishing boats. The Aries Fleet. We chose a different charter but I am sure the results and equipment would be the same. We had great success on our fishing excursions.

I would recommend this resort but do not expect first class service or ammenities and remember you are also not paying for it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear, Laird_2014

It is always great to hear on how our guest very much enjoyed themselves, thank you for taking the time in letting us know about your recent experience. From the looks of your review I can see you did much exploring of our resort which is always great to get the full on experience.

Thank you for speaking so fondly of our staff they work really hard to make sure our guest is satisfied for it is our number one goal. I am sorry to hear you had minor inconveniences with the room but glad they were fixed immediately once reported. I thank you for bring to my attention your honest feedback in regards to the food rest assure that I will definitely look into this and come up with new and improved ways to better this service, however maybe in a next visit you might like to try an ala cart restaurant on of many that we offer , I am sure you will very much appreciate it, not to mention another restaurant we offer for exclusive Elite Members known as La Concha. Moving on to the greens in our golf fields we work really hard on renovations year round and our golf fields are no exceptions, they try to be kept in its best conditions, never the less I once again thank you for your time giving and for writing such kind words about our resort , we await your next visit.

Kind Regards,

2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

My husband and I recently visited for our honeymoon for 7 days. There were good and bad parts. We were blown away by how friendly and attentive all of the servers and workers were. All of the meals we had were delicious, especially from la concha. We bought the all- inclusive package, which was well worth it. However, we had a bad experience with the room we stayed in. We didn't think much when we had little bites on us when we woke up in the morning. By the end of the trip I knew that they were bed bugs, I let the front desk know that there were bugs in our bed, she gave me a phone and after explaining the situation to several different people who just kept transferring me, the last person said ok I'll send housekeeping. nothing out of the ordinary was done, the regular housekeeping cleaned like they did every morning. The sheets weren't even changed. When we got back we had to toss everything we could do without and treat the rest of the luggage for bed bugs. It took hours upon hours to treat everything. I still am covered in bites ( I had no idea that the bites can take a couple weeks to react) and feel bad that the next family who stays in there will have to go through it. There wasn't very much nightlife there at all, it is very much a family resort. It's a good spot for relaxation vacation and for people who like to stay on the resort. I also never got a deposit back for the lock box when I checked out, I remembered on the plane ride back that the refund was not given. I tried calling, and the lady I spoke to said she could not transfer me to the front desk or someone else who could help, nor give me a toll free number, which means a ridiculous international rate if I were to dial from the US. The room we stayed in had a door connecting the side room to us which stayed locked, but you could hear literally every word someone was saying in the room next door. On an upbeat note, the view was fantastic - it overlooked the beach and pools, we never had a bad experience with any servers, all were extremely attentive and friendly.

Room Tip: Make sure the room you get does not connect to another one and just have a locked door between - you...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear, Aribrig

First of all I want to thank you for let us part of this important day such as your anniversary, we appreciate your trust. Its great to hear that my staff provided such great service to you and that you got a chance to try some of our delicious cuisines I will pass along your kind remarks to our chef and staff im sure they will be thrilled to hear such great things being said by our fellow guests, I am so concerned to hear that you had a bug problem , I do wish this report would have gotten back to me at the moment of your stay this is a rare occasion we don’t normally have bug problems such as this but regardless I am very concerned to hear that you were not given the proper looking after once you reported this, rest assure that I will further investigate this and see who were the people who you failed a report to and see why the proper precautions were not taken immediately. I would like to thank you for still thinking so great of our hotel despite this inconvenience. If you ever find yourself in Mazatlan again I would really appreciate you giving us another try I can guarantee you will not have this problem.

Best Regards,

Cranbrook, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

4 of us girls decided to getaway for a 7 day stay in Mazatlan in Mar 2014. We had a reservation at the El Cid El Moro for a 2 queen bed studio. When we arrived we were able to upgrade to include an additional room with a kitchen and an extra bed. This made the stay so much better. We would like to thank Jose Zamudio and Santiago Ruiz who helped us get our upgrade at a much better price. We really appreciated it. Also we would like to say what a great stay we had. Great poolside and wonderful staff at the hotel. Thanks to Jaqueline who looked after our room and made sure we had coffee everyday. Loved it. Going back in Nov 2014

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
GMELCID, Director General at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Dear Tsymonds,

Thank you for taking the time in letting us knows about your recent experience. I am thrilled to here that you had such an amazing stay it being your first time with us. Jose and Santiago will be getting acknowledgement on their great efforts; staff like this is what truly makes a difference having people who enjoy doing what they love. I will be giving Jacqueline congratulations for keeping the room nice clean for you. We can´t wait to have you here with us again soon. See you in November we await anxiously.

Warm Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Every room has an ocean view.

We have been going to this resort for the last four years and we look forward to going back again in the fall. The rooms are always very clean and the staff is phenomenal. I love that every time we go people recognize us and welcome us. The restaurants are wonderful. The Marina being our favourite dinner spot. La Concha is our favourite breakfast restaurant. It over looks the beach and the ocean and is an amazing view to take in while having your morning coffee. Our two favourite waiters there are Luis Crespo Sanchez and Jesus Coronado...we usually search these two out to sit in their sections. They are always attentive and super friendly. It has been a pleasure to get to know them over the years. We can't forget Sergio Roho...when we went back this spring we couldn't find him so we went on the hunt and found him in the restaurant in the golf club. He is a wonderfully kind man and very funny. His service is always top notch.

One of our favourite people is Emilia Ulloa. She is one of the ladies at the concierge desk. She is so kind and so friendly and always so willing to help you with what ever she can.

The cleaning staff are amazing. We have never had a single problem with them.

If I had one complaint it is that the beds are a little hard and often cause me muscle pain, but if you ask the front desk they will bring you extra foam for your bed which helps.

With 5 restaurants and three pools this is a fantastic resort. There are activities for kids in the pool and they have pool side bingo. It is just a fabulous place to stay.

If you go to this resort, please tip generously, these very gracious people really do do the best they can to make sure you have a wonderful holiday, they deserve it.

Oh and go for the deep tissue massages ----- to die for!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
GMELCID, Director General at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Dear Debbie E,

Thanks very much for have taken the time to write this awesome review about our resort. I can't explain you how glad I feel to read that you think our hotel is a wonderful vacation resort.

Hear that our rooms, restaurants, activities, beach, facilities and staff have met your expectations made me feel that we are making a good job.

I will give a mention to the cleaning staff and waiters for their good job making you feel home year by year.

Regarding about the beds, I have to say that we are remodeling our rooms right now to offer you a more comfortable room.

Thank you again for your time, and I hope to see you back soon not in a far future.

Best Regards

General Manager.

Been to El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!