“Magnificent Annual Mazatlan Trip” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Up to 50% Off Air + Hotel
Ranked #9 of 76 Hotels in Mazatlan
Wichita Falls, Texas
“Magnificent Annual Mazatlan Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

My sisters and I travel annually to El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel. We are all school teachers so we always visit in the summer. Every year we have an awesome view of the ocean. The rooms are very clean, cool and spacious. Having 3 bathrooms is a huge plus for 3 sisters. The staff and management are beyond wonderful. We can not say enough nice things about Jesus Osuna and Susanna Noseworthy in the sales department. Jose Carlos Velazco and Rosy Morales always double check our accommodations to make us feel special. The staff at the La Concha particularly Victor Villareal and waiters Michael, Jesus Coronado, Ramon Ramirez, Alexis and Rossy who cooks our eggs every morning. At the Marina Restaurant Jose Luis and the other waiters were especially attentive. Martin Garcia, the pianist, always plays something for "Texas" when we walk into whichever restaurant he's playing in. One of our favorite bellmen is Jorge and Efrain always arranges our transportation for us. We feel very safe and comfortable coming back year after year. We are looking forward to retirement so that we can experience Mazatlan during different times of the year.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear: Kathy C

I would like to thank you for take into consideration every single detail of your stay and a wonderful comments with regards to recent travel to Mazatlan. Thank you so much for your loyalty we are so happy to host you each year.

It was a pleasure to note how much you enjoyed your vacation and would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your pleasant words. We appreciate all feedback; but, especially enjoy reading about the great experiences an outstanding job from our staff, we are so proud to having him working for us, be assured you that we recognize for their hard work and service.

I am also glad to know that we meet your expectations, El Cid Resort it once again, all departments are utmost important to make the difference, we work hard and take pride in insuring proper all our guest. We will pass along your wonderful experience to our employees as a job well done.

We will always welcome the opportunity to be of service and look forward to welcoming you back next year at El Cid Moro Beach Hotel.

Kind regards,

Salvatore Sanchez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Newport News, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My daughter and I had an awesome time at the El CID Moro. The room had an amazing view of the beach as well as the city lights at night. The staff were all very friendly - Carlos, Memo and Sammy are awesome lifeguards, the poolside servers very attentive, and La Concha's scent of grilled beef will make a vegetarian eat meat! Best of both worlds - great facility and great value!

Room Tip: I think every room affords a beach view! The corner rooms directly facing the water has floor to cei...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear: Claudia L

Thanks so much for the wonderful words to El Cid Moro.

It is a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay experience with us and you have been well looked after by our team. Every single associate at El Cid, from life guards, pool side servers and the rest of team, are always trying to provide the best service and best facilities, thus to create an unforgettable experience.

We will share your nice words to Carlos, Memo and Sammy, I’m sure that they will be happy to know the results for a hard job.

We hope to have with us again in a not to distance future.

Best regards

General Manager.
Las Cruces, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This will be a first for me, but I was so impressed with the staff and management at this hotel I am following up with an assessment for you. First, how anyone manages that many people and so many separate functions of daily hotel life is awesome. The staff, from the lady sweeping puddles of rainwater from the pool area, to the wait staff and front desk personnel, was outstanding. Their attitude and helpfulness is key to making a vacation totally memorable. On my last day, I spoke to one of the managers from the pool area and told him how my wife and I were impressed with the hotel organization and the staff. Their attention to detail, like remembering your first name and what drinks and food you like was unprecedented. It was hot during our stay, but you were greeted as an "old friend," as they set about their daily tasks. We never heard any grumbling, but all positive vibes from everyone. I would like to call out one individual who we felt went above and beyond - FRANCISCO RENTERIA (Barla Conchita). This man did everything - waiter, bartender, travel adviser, etc. He was knowledgeable about the Matzalan area, its food and drink, not to mention his recommendations regarding the many El Cid associated hotels and restaurants. He was a gem, so reward him appropriately. jn

Room Tip: We stayed down the hall from the elevators, so it was quiet. There were a few thing that should be n...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear: John N

I would like to thank you for your wonderful comments with regards to your recent stay with us in your first travel to Mazatlan.

It was a pleasure to note how much you enjoyed your vacation and would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your pleasant words. We appreciate all feedback; but, especially enjoy reading about the great experiences an outstanding job from Francisco Renteria, we are so proud to having him working for us, be assured you that we recognize for their hard work and serve as an example to encourage the remaining staff.

I am also glad to know that we meet your expectations, El Cid Resort it is a big company, all departments are utmost important to make the difference, we work hard and take pride in insuring proper all our guest. We will pass along your wonderful experience to our employees as a job well done.

We will always welcome the opportunity to be of service and look forward to welcoming you back at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel.

Kind regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I had never been to Mazatlan before so we decided to go check it out. We stayed at the El Cid Moro Beach on the 19th Floor. We had an ocean view which was gorgeous. The room was clean and accommodating. The beds were firm but still very comfortable. The shower was ENORMOUS!
The staff at La Gruta Moro, namely Angel, Roberto and Leticia from the Lobby Bar, went out of their way for us. We had such a great time and had the BEST service ever! Angel made our stay better than we could have imagined he attended to our every need. The fun drinks and yummy food at the pool daily are a must! Angel took care of us with a smile every time! He is the best. Go find Roberto at La Gruta Moro, he too greeted us with a smile every day and took care of us in the restaurants every time we saw him! Go and see Leticia in the Lobby Bar at El Cid Castilla. She is awesome... from helping us decide where to go out at night, to just being an awesome cocktail server she is GREAT! We are coming back in the spring and staying at the El Cid Moro again! We had the best time and can't wait to come back! Thank you soooo much Angel and Roberto from La Gruta Moro and Leticia from El Cid Castillo Lobby bar. I miss the Dirty Monkey Drinks They are the BEST!!

Room Tip: We loved the 19th Floor view!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear: Michelle L

I really want to thank you in your first time in Mazatlan you decide to stay at El Cid Moro Hotel.

It is great to know that you found our rooms in perfect conditions, the bathroom comfortable and spacious and enjoy our beautiful view that offered our 19th floor.

Standard services are very important to us, and we are currently also working hard to increase the comfort and facilities of the hotel. Leticia, Angel and Roberto will be pleased that they made such a good impression on your stay and that you had full confidence in the restaurants for their excellent job.

Your nice comments about your experience in La Gruta and Lobby bar restaurant are much appreciated. Perhaps on your next visit we can tempt you to experience our other restaurants, for example our Mexican Restaurant “La Cascada” or our Italian Restaurant “Alcazar”.

Again, thank you for all of your compliments in your review. When you want to revisit us doesn’t hesitate to contact me directly and I will help you in any way I can.

Best Regards,

Nanaimo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was our first trip to Mexico. The service is first class all the way. Felix (out at the pool) not only works extremely hard but is a true pro, he also leaves you with the impression that he truly cares for his customers and I believe he does. This is also true for most of the staff. I asked for a few concessions while checking in and they were met without any concerns or issues ending up with a Great room on the 24th floor. I was surprised to read about the air conditioner issues with other guests, our air conditioner worked perfect the whole trip (June 28th to July 06). The poolside entertainment was fun, music good (sometimes a little loud) and the bingo was fun to play. The beach was awesome, we enjoyed playing in the unusually large waves. The venders were alright and for the most part backed off when you were polite to them.
We had an all inclusive deal. Unfortunately we really didn't know what we were getting as trying to find out information online is impossible and what information is available seems to be cryptically worded. The All Inclusive seems to be is a game to them, it takes a couple of day's to really figure it out and by then you realize the food is absolutely atrocious. Just by circumstance the first 2 days we either paid for food at the pool side cafe or ate off site and felt great. As soon as we ate the food included in the all inclusive we became very ill and in fact spent most of our 4th day in the room unable to get out. No we did not drink the water... After being back we ended up speaking with people familiar with El Cid (one of them keeps his boat at the El Cd Marina) and as soon as I mentioned we got sick they immediately said "the food". The Al a Carte's we're not any better. Did I expect world class dining? No, but palatable would have been nice. I understand many people did not have an issue but being so far away I've run into too many people that have had issues there. We did have wi fi issues (29.99 per week, per device...) that went unresolved.
I wanted to give it a poor rating but the resort itself is nice, the staff is amazing, the elevators are a major pain in the rear, but sadly the food was terrible. We though we would return in the fall with the children but unfortunately will seek another location.
Also the local people working there are very sweet and work very hard, please be generous when tipping.

Room Tip: Arrange transportation from the Airport to the hotel before you get to Mazatlan or you will end up d...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear: Bob_MNanaimo

Thank you for taking the time in writing this review it is always great to hear about experiences guest have had. What an honor it is to have been the hotel of your choice on your first trip to Mexico. My staff and I work really hard in always making sure our service is given its 100% and it´s always great to get recognition for our hard efforts. My staff well be happy to hear the wonderful comments you have made and give even more motivation on keeping up the good work. We unfortunately did have some issues with the air conditioning but we worked on fixing the problem as quick and efficiently as we could its good you guys were not affected by this inconvenience. It sounds like you had a great time in the pool area its great you got to enjoy the activities we had to offer as we always s try and interact with our guest and are always looking for fun new ways to do so. It concerns me to hear the comment in regards to the food it is rare that we have an issue with our food and beverage department but nevertheless we will defiantly look in to this and double check all our products, I do apologies for this but I’m glad you didn’t let It change your prospective on our hotel I can assure you that in a future visit you will not encounter these issues and you will see a change, there is always room for improvement but that’s part of a go on process to become better each and every time. We hope to have the pleasure in hosting you again.

Kind Regards,

Newcastle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

First, Marisela greeted us in person. We've gotten to know her from our previous visits. That was a very nice personal touch. Marisela had us all set up in a beautiful room. The El Moro towers have the best views of the islands and the sunsets. The room was nice and big and in great shape and clean.

The food, service and facilities were wonderful. Of particular note, our servers tall Jose and Francisco greeted us personally. They brought us a normal standby drinks (6 Pacificos with limes and salt in a bucket of ice) without us even asking. All the pool servers and attendants would jump to get you chairs, umbrellas or whatever else you desired. They are all top notch. I bring the old Eisenhower dollars and use those as tips. They seem to really like them.

We make sure we pay the little extra for the VIP All-Inclusive. This ensures you get access to the quiet pool with the waterfalls, lobster at dinner, hefty fishing dicounts as well as golf discounts. We will always pay the little extra for the VIP experience.

We went golfing one day. The course is nice and pretty well maintained. Clubs were brand new Calloways. You're required to get a caddy. We had Jose Osuna Z. He also maintains the greens. He'll show you exactly where to putt. My putting was off the charts with his advice and I shot one of my lowest scores ever. Thanks Jose. We'll ask for you again. He also doesn't smoke so that was really nice.

We went fishing again with their Aries fleet. Again, having the VIP status gets you a 25% discount. We have always fished on their bigger boat the Aries IX with Captain Gilberto Arambula. He is a consumate professional and does everything in his power to get you fish and the boat is very comfortable with two fighting chairs. I'd recommend paying a little extra to get Ballyhoo for bait versus the Mullet they use for normal trips. Makes a difference. You can make your reservation with Miguel Barraza. He'll ensure your day is fun filled and stress free. Hint, get a box lunch the night before to take with you and save up some of your beers and bottled water from the day before to take with you.

We don't leave the resort so we can't comment on safety around the tourist area. Fishing and golf are all with El Cid.

Marisela and the staff will go out of there way to help you enjoy your vacation as much as possible. If you want a nice trip to the beach during the fall and winter, you can't go wrong with El Cid Mazatlan. Looking forward to coming back and fishing and golfing this October.

Room Tip: The El Moro tower has rooms higher up with great views of Deer and Stone Island and awesome sunsets.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear: Craig P

I appreciate you taking the time in writing this review to let us know how your stay was. We are very honored that you are a repetitive guest. Big cudos to Marisela for going above and beyond in making sure you were attended at your every need, as well as my other staff members Jose, Francisco, my staff is full of people who love doing what they do and they will definitely be congratulated for their hard labor. I’m glad to hear you found our food and facilities at your liking we work hard it always renovating our resort so we can have it looking its best, as well as our food we make sure we have a variety of options to choice from so everyone could have a place to eat and enjoy. It’s good to hear that you were able to enjoy some of the many things we have to offer like golfing and going fishing it sound like you had a great time. We hope this is a go on process for many more years to come to visit us we are always happy to assist in any way we can.

My best,

Arroyo Grande, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Had a terrific poolside waiter at the La Conchita poolside bar/restaurant named Francisco Renteria. He was attentive and really did a great job keeping us fed and watered on July 12, 2013. We had an all inclusive package and he was able to keep us satisfied from the menu items and even able to adjust/ customize some of our order. The drinks were replenished and rapidly cleared.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear: Michael L

What a pleasant comment! Best appraisal any hotel can get is a customer experience because of the good service and helpful staff! Please, accept my sincere gratitude on behalf of my all staff and let me assure you that thanks to such comments we will be getting even better.

Be assure that Francisco Renteria receive a mention for their hard work; we are proud to having him working for us.

We look forward to your next visit and to give you the experience you have come to expect.

My Best,

General Manager.

Been to El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!