“Pool Bar Waiters” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 72 hotels in Mazatlan
Rochester, Minnesota
“Pool Bar Waiters”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

All I can say is Francisco Renteria is the BEST! From the first time we were down by the pool/pool bar, he knew us for the rest of the time we were there. I got such a kick out of him. "Okie Dokie!" :) He really took great care of us for the rest of our trip, and he was one of the best parts of my trip. I don't believe I could ever forget him and he is just great. Thank you (San) Franceeeeeesko for a great trip! Thank you El Cid! :)

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear: Shorty77_13

I´m more than happy to read your great comment regarding the service provided from our staff, I really appreciated the time you provide us to write this nice words to Francisco Renteria, we are proud to having people like Francisco, he work hard every day to provide a good experience to all our customer and letting them a good memories have a good memories.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you at El Cid Moro Beach Hotel. I will be eagerly waiting for your next visit to Mazatlan!

Sincerely

559 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Mount Angel, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My vacation at El Cid Moro Beach was fantastic. Very friendly wait staff, like Ivan, Ramon, Jorge, Alexis.
The activity staff was very entertaining. Enrike (with a "K"), Alex, Gabriel, and Christian (Pechugal) were so much fun. Great attitudes, helpful and courteous. And I loved pushing Tui (sp?) in the pool. Such a great sport. We loved the music, bingo and my favorite was the Mexican Fiesta on Wednesday nite. Great food throughout the resort and the Fiesta. Definitely coming back to El Cid Moro Beach.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear: HollyKrupickaAugustu

We were thrilled to read your 5-star review of El Cid Moro. We are so glad that you found our hotel was a fabulous choice. We are happy to hear that you found the service provided for our staff on your expectations, we are proud to having them working to us. I personally will congratulate each of them for their excellent job.

We are glad to read that you enjoyed our Mexican fiesta, this is one of the new activities in El Cid who is leaving good comments and it is getting more it's more popular.

The positive comments you left will help other travelers find us and feel confident that they are choosing a wonderful place to stay.

We look forward to your return!

Best regards,

ferrisburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Do you like live harp music while eating a leisurely breakfast on the beach? Do you like being pampered by a friendly staff ready to fulfill your every wish? A tower room with an awesome view of miles of beach? How about brilliant sunsets from your deck, the sound of crashing waves lulling you to sleep at night? If so, this is the place for you my friend.
The restaurants serve good food. La Concha on the beach is very romantic and quietly sophisticated for dinner. It's also my favorite location for breakfast! We also really enjoy the service and food cooked on an outdoor grill at The Patio Restaurant under the stars by the pool. There are many restaurants to choose from.They are all very different. The one restaurant I don't like is The Pergula Buffet because although there is a huge selection, the food is just average and I feel like I am in the basement of the hotel. Yich!
Lots of different pools. The big one has high rocks for kids to jump from and a couple great water slides. But there is also a nice quiet adult pool decorated with rocks, waterfalls, and plants that I love.
The place is really clean and seems to be over staffed! The rooms may be a bit dated, but they are clean and you can't beat the view! We had hot/cold, hot/cold shower water difficulties that needs to be fixed.
Playing tennis at night under the lights on their beautiful courts is a great experience.
A quick bus ride will take you down to the old part of town . The location of El Cid is really close to city activities & restaurants. Rent a bike and bike the 5 mile city Malecon one day all along the edge of the sea!
The timeshare salesmen are decent and can be trusted. Rui Veloso has been upfront with us and we enjoy talking with him at presentations. We did buy and as you can see from this review, we don't regret it one bit.
Lastly, I want to give kudos to the sweet manager of customer service, Marisela Gonzalez. She truly went out of her way to give us exceptional service. We are grateful to her for helping us to solve a problem.
You guys are going to think I work for the company but I'm just a satisfied happy guest who looks forward to coming back year after year.

Room Tip: Ask for high up in the tower El Moro and be sure you get a deck.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear: carole c

Wow!! What an outstanding review I really do appreciate you taking the time in writing such a fantastic review! I am so happy to hear that your recent stay was just as great as your past ones.

We are very proud to have been able to fit your standers in regards to our facility’s as well as our food and beverages we always try our best to keep everything in tip top shape and always have many ideas in mind in ways we can improve our services.

It’s great to hear my staff was of service to you and were able to help you in your every need I am proud to have them on board on my team and I hope it continues to be this way for these are the essentials that are needed in helping us become the best hotel we can possibly be no expiations! They will definitely be recognized for the good labor.

Rest assure that the problems with the shower have already been fixed if you happen to encounter a problem similar to this again please don’t hesitate in letting us know for we are at your service and are here to help. Mazatlan is a beautiful city and it has so much to offer we are lucky to live in such a marvelous place its great you were able to have a taste of what it has to offer.

We hope you keep on coming back to our hotel for more and more years to come we look forward in seeing you again so we can give you yet again an unforgettable vacation.

Cordially,

Salvatore Sanchez,
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

beds are so hard my husband still hasn't recovered. all inclusive is a joke should be called all exclusive. all they are interested in is selling either time shares or tours. information desks everywhere, but don't provide much info, only try to sell tours. don't buy tickets to the fiesta, what an overpriced joke. No hot tub available, that's only for the VIP guests.No one was helpful when asked what we could do or where we could go away from the hotel, unless they were trying to sell you something. First and last trip to Mexico and would definitely never buy into any El Cid property

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear: foxtrot152024

First of all, thank you for trusting in us and choosing El Cid El Moro to spend your vacation. Given your comments, it is unfortunate that you were unable to enjoy the numerous activities and benefits the All Inclusive Plan offers at our resorts. It appears that when you arrived, we did not provide you with the proper welcome information that outlines the inclusions of the plan. I apologize for this oversight and have reminded the entire team how important it is to ensure this resource information is shared, and how to better respond to inquiries to make each and every guest stay more enjoyable.

While we do not have a hot tub available to everyone at El Moro, we do have a Jacuzzi that is available to our All Inclusive guests at the Country Club, where our Spa is located, and is just a few minutes’ walk away. I am sorry to hear that you were not made aware of this. With regards to the Mexican Fiesta, we offer a variety of live entertainment and while it was not to your liking, we are glad you shared your opinion with us. Again, we are sorry to hear that you did not have an enjoyable stay but we hope that you provide us with another opportunity in the future, as I can assure you that you will experience a positive difference.

Kind Regards

Mazatlan, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I think that the waiters, especially Ramon Morales, and Rodolfo.. Are excellent!!
Fast service, bend over backwards to help with anything!
Food is good, a little better than some pool bars, not great, but the service is outstanding!! I recommend whether you are staying at El Cid or just passing by, you should stop in and say hi to the waiters!

Room Tip: If you want the quiet side and not worried about get putting the Internet, ask for the north daisy o...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear: Lady

Thank you so much for your encouraging and kind comments to our staff I don’t have words to express what this means to me and my team, always is nice to be recognized for a little extra work, and is reflected in the recent contribution, I personally give a mention to Ramon Morales and Rodolfo for their excellent job.

On behalf to El Cid team we gladly wait for assist you in your next trip to Mazatlan, we hope to be the Hotel of your choice.

Warm greetings,

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at el CID in March. Changed rooms three times. All inclusive is a joke, never tried any other restuarants. Ate our meals outside of hotel, as they really cater to the Mexicans that visit there and not the tourists. Beach is tiny, vendors are always at your feet bothering you. Very noisy all day. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy mariachi music, but after 5 hours of playing, it really gets to you. And no matter where you go, it's loud.
Location is good, but that's where it ends.

Room Tip: Don't spend your money on all inclusive.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear: Lady

Thank you so much for your recent 4 stars review! We appreciated your constructive feedback of our hotel. I’m sorry to hear that your experience was not positive at all I do however apologize for the loud music i'd like to just state that this is not something that happens every day it was just unfortunately bad timing, this is because it was during Semana Santa in Mexico traditional holiday but I am by no means trying to justify for this. We will provide a feedback in follow up to security guards to strengthen the beach areas to prevent peddlers to ensure that everyone is consistent with how this situation should be handled. We are constantly looking for ways to improvement upon our guest’s experience and welcome suggestions.

We hope the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Best regards,

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This was my first time staying at El Cid El Moro, as well as my first time in Mexico. I was not disappointed!! I loved everything about my stay at El Cid El Moro. The location was perfect; not too close to Old Mazatlan but not far enough away to be an inconvenience. I would not advise going all inclusive for more than a day or two as the hotel is located on a main street with plenty of fantastic dining options.

I agree with the review that said the staff was second to none. The number one reason why I could enjoy my vacation as much as I did was due to the staff. Everyone was helpful, nice and amiable, from the housekeepers who always said hello when I walked by to the waiters on the beach who were on top of getting me drinks and food whenever I needed them. I have never been somewhere where everyone was so pleasing to be around and seemed truly happy with what they did. I wish I could remember everyone who helped make my vacation so pleasant. (In fact, there probably wouldn't be enough room here to name everyone if I could remember...) I will mention Enrike (actividades) and Carlos (lifeguard) at the main/central pool who both had a great sense of humor and were super helpful and enjoyable to be around.

I meet many visitors that come to El Cid El Moro year after year and I understand why. I definitely want to come back and vacation here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear: Sir or Madam,

We feel very proud to read that in your first time to Mexico you’re choosing El Cid Moro in among options in Mazatlan.

I’m also pleased with the aspects of the hotel for which you have commented positively such as the pool, room, facilities and most important the terrific personalized service you received from Enrike from activities and Carlos (lifeguard); I am glad to hear that they and the rest of the staff anticipated your needs and went beyond expectations. Great service is not a matter of luck here at El Cid, I am sure you'll have seen many smiling clients who like you, enjoyed their stay.

We look forward to having the sincere pleasure of welcoming you back to El Cid Moro Beach
Hotel in the future and if I personally can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Warm regards

Salvatore Sanchez

Been to El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!