“worst vacation ever” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 76 Hotels in Mazatlan
Portland, Oregon
“worst vacation ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

beds are so hard my husband still hasn't recovered. all inclusive is a joke should be called all exclusive. all they are interested in is selling either time shares or tours. information desks everywhere, but don't provide much info, only try to sell tours. don't buy tickets to the fiesta, what an overpriced joke. No hot tub available, that's only for the VIP guests.No one was helpful when asked what we could do or where we could go away from the hotel, unless they were trying to sell you something. First and last trip to Mexico and would definitely never buy into any El Cid property

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear: foxtrot152024

First of all, thank you for trusting in us and choosing El Cid El Moro to spend your vacation. Given your comments, it is unfortunate that you were unable to enjoy the numerous activities and benefits the All Inclusive Plan offers at our resorts. It appears that when you arrived, we did not provide you with the proper welcome information that outlines the inclusions of the plan. I apologize for this oversight and have reminded the entire team how important it is to ensure this resource information is shared, and how to better respond to inquiries to make each and every guest stay more enjoyable.

While we do not have a hot tub available to everyone at El Moro, we do have a Jacuzzi that is available to our All Inclusive guests at the Country Club, where our Spa is located, and is just a few minutes’ walk away. I am sorry to hear that you were not made aware of this. With regards to the Mexican Fiesta, we offer a variety of live entertainment and while it was not to your liking, we are glad you shared your opinion with us. Again, we are sorry to hear that you did not have an enjoyable stay but we hope that you provide us with another opportunity in the future, as I can assure you that you will experience a positive difference.

Kind Regards

Salvatore Sanchez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Mazatlan, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I think that the waiters, especially Ramon Morales, and Rodolfo.. Are excellent!!
Fast service, bend over backwards to help with anything!
Food is good, a little better than some pool bars, not great, but the service is outstanding!! I recommend whether you are staying at El Cid or just passing by, you should stop in and say hi to the waiters!

Room Tip: If you want the quiet side and not worried about get putting the Internet, ask for the north daisy o...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear: Lady

Thank you so much for your encouraging and kind comments to our staff I don’t have words to express what this means to me and my team, always is nice to be recognized for a little extra work, and is reflected in the recent contribution, I personally give a mention to Ramon Morales and Rodolfo for their excellent job.

On behalf to El Cid team we gladly wait for assist you in your next trip to Mazatlan, we hope to be the Hotel of your choice.

Warm greetings,

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at el CID in March. Changed rooms three times. All inclusive is a joke, never tried any other restuarants. Ate our meals outside of hotel, as they really cater to the Mexicans that visit there and not the tourists. Beach is tiny, vendors are always at your feet bothering you. Very noisy all day. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy mariachi music, but after 5 hours of playing, it really gets to you. And no matter where you go, it's loud.
Location is good, but that's where it ends.

Room Tip: Don't spend your money on all inclusive.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear: Lady

Thank you so much for your recent 4 stars review! We appreciated your constructive feedback of our hotel. I’m sorry to hear that your experience was not positive at all I do however apologize for the loud music i'd like to just state that this is not something that happens every day it was just unfortunately bad timing, this is because it was during Semana Santa in Mexico traditional holiday but I am by no means trying to justify for this. We will provide a feedback in follow up to security guards to strengthen the beach areas to prevent peddlers to ensure that everyone is consistent with how this situation should be handled. We are constantly looking for ways to improvement upon our guest’s experience and welcome suggestions.

We hope the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Best regards,

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This was my first time staying at El Cid El Moro, as well as my first time in Mexico. I was not disappointed!! I loved everything about my stay at El Cid El Moro. The location was perfect; not too close to Old Mazatlan but not far enough away to be an inconvenience. I would not advise going all inclusive for more than a day or two as the hotel is located on a main street with plenty of fantastic dining options.

I agree with the review that said the staff was second to none. The number one reason why I could enjoy my vacation as much as I did was due to the staff. Everyone was helpful, nice and amiable, from the housekeepers who always said hello when I walked by to the waiters on the beach who were on top of getting me drinks and food whenever I needed them. I have never been somewhere where everyone was so pleasing to be around and seemed truly happy with what they did. I wish I could remember everyone who helped make my vacation so pleasant. (In fact, there probably wouldn't be enough room here to name everyone if I could remember...) I will mention Enrike (actividades) and Carlos (lifeguard) at the main/central pool who both had a great sense of humor and were super helpful and enjoyable to be around.

I meet many visitors that come to El Cid El Moro year after year and I understand why. I definitely want to come back and vacation here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear: Sir or Madam,

We feel very proud to read that in your first time to Mexico you’re choosing El Cid Moro in among options in Mazatlan.

I’m also pleased with the aspects of the hotel for which you have commented positively such as the pool, room, facilities and most important the terrific personalized service you received from Enrike from activities and Carlos (lifeguard); I am glad to hear that they and the rest of the staff anticipated your needs and went beyond expectations. Great service is not a matter of luck here at El Cid, I am sure you'll have seen many smiling clients who like you, enjoyed their stay.

We look forward to having the sincere pleasure of welcoming you back to El Cid Moro Beach
Hotel in the future and if I personally can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Warm regards

Lenexa, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

This was our third year to travel to El Cid El Moro and it is definitely going to be yearly thing. The hotel staff is second to none. Our housekeeper, Adriana Ozuna, was terrific and so accomodating. The Sales staff, especially Rui Veloso and Jamie San, met our every need for services during our stay. Sergio Rojo was a delight to see and talk to. He even gave me a rose! The pool staff, Enrike, Felix, Angel and Francisco Tertantia were so personable and so much fun. They gave us the ins and outs of Mazatlan. Josefa Larrangha and Josefina Flores in the spa were wonderful as always. Michele at the poolside restaurant was very helpful with our dinner plans. All in all, it's the view and the city that bring us to Mazatlan but it's the hotel staff that brings us to El Cid.

Room Tip: 2/3 bedrooms on the end are the best. One bedrooms on the south side are also good.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear: Donn T

Wow! How great to here you enjoy our hotel so much and you keep coming back each year !!! I am so thankful for my staff and there outstanding work I’m glad to have
Them as part of our team because they are the ones who help make El Cid this best it can be. It is so good to know that my staff played a big role in helping to make your vacations
Exquisite! Rest assure that they will be given the recognition they deserve. We are so lucky to be able to enjoy Mazatlan year round with its beautiful scenery, beaches, and agriculture.

I’m glad you were able to experience some of it . I hope you keep coming yearly and we keep meeting your expectations and making your vacations one of the best because you deserve it !
If you ever have any questions or need help with anything in a future stay please don´t hesitate to ask it is our job to make sure that all our guest are satisfied and we fulfill each and one of their needs.

Kind Regards,

Mpls, Mn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We returned last week from an amazingly great experience at El Cid El Moro. This was our first time in Mazatlan and our first experience staying at a large resort. In the past we’ve gravitated to smaller properties believing we received more personal service. We were pleasantly surprised to find our assumption was wrong ~ we were treated like family. The minute we stepped off the van Juan Carlos took control of us and our bags and led us to Rosy at the front desk who made us feel so welcome to our new environment. When we were led to our room it wasn't the view we were hoping for, however when we requested a change, without hesitation they found us a different room with a spectacular view.

The staff were so warm and friendly it seemed like we had been coming there for years. Staff greeted us with a smile each time they saw us and asked if we needed anything. The breakfast buffets at La Concha, the ocean front restaurant that provided a breathtaking setting were very good. We also had breakfast at the Marina, which was also very good with a very different and pleasant setting. We had three AMAZING dinners in La Concha. First Chef Antonio took great pride in treating us to basic Mexican fare not on menu. The best Queso Chile Relleno we've ever had along with tamales and chicken stuffed with pumpkin flower. The evening was only made better by the attention given to us by Javier and Captain Antonio. On our next visit, we had the incredibly rich and tasty Lobster Bisque with a Lobster dinner that Chef prepared to a buttery tenderness. Again Javier "the great" and Captain Antonio were superb. Our last dinner we had a marvelous spicy shrimp ceviche and seafood soup and a repeat of the Chili Relleno with more outstanding service from Candelario and the ever present Antonios.

Thank you to Rudy and a special thank you to Samantha from the front office PR for being our guardian angel and treating us so special.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear:Sir

I want to express my thanks to you for choosing El Cid Moro in your first time to Mazatlan and for your kind words and encouragement…for that especially, we thank you. It is our intent to provide you with not only a wonderful and enjoyable stay, but also an unforgettable one.
We were very pleased to note that you enjoyed our restaurants and the food are on your needs and also I am glad to read the very detailed and objective comments of our staff… succeeded in exceeding your service expectations.

My team and I cannot wait to assist you on your next vacation, your BEST one yet!.

Juan Carlos, Rosy, Chef Antonio, Javier, Rudy and Samantha are waiting for you and your family to relax and enjoy your holiday; obviously we can do better than we were doing before.
As soon as you´re ready to begin planning your reservation, feel free to contact me, it will be a pleasure to help you.

Newcastle, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We bought a 20 year timeshare here. The last few years we exchanged our time because we have no desire to go back. Do not buy a timeshare there!!!!!!!!!!!! Things promised will not be in the contract. Things given in the contract will be taken away (They have that right by contract.) Maintenance fees are "open ended" and will rise yearly several times the rate of inflation. They double and double again during the contract. We can stay in a nicer place for the cost if "maintenance" now.
All thus hassle to stay in a hotel that has seen better days.

• Stayed November 2012
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear: TPCCBC,

We appreciate you contacting El Cid and we are very sorry to hear of your disappointment with the program. Would you kindly contact ownersrelations@elcid.com.mx or provide us with your email address so our customer service team can speak with you directly.