“Eld Cid El Moro - Beautiful Oceanside Convenient Location” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Great Sale: Up to 63% Off
Ranked #8 of 76 Hotels in Mazatlan
Nanaimo, Canada
“Eld Cid El Moro - Beautiful Oceanside Convenient Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed at the El Cid El Moro over the holidays in December 2012 - January 2013. We prefer this location due to the accessible and safe beach, spacious & heated swimming pools, and "on-site" services such as restaurants, a convenience store and a children's playground. The 18-hole golf course is a five minute walk from the hotel. Other shopping, restaurants, banks, grocery & drug stores are within walking distance of the hotel. The hotel and restaurant staff are experienced and professional. We enjoyed many lovely dinners at the oceanside "La Concha" restaurant and thank our waiter, Luis, for his excellent service. We have also received excellent service from both Ramons at the "La Conchita" poolside restaurant and look forward to their warm and friendly hospitality next year.

Room Tip: There are a variety of rooms available at the resort depending on your needs. The resort offers stud...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear: suntraveller212

We have been really delighted to hear your happy comments about comfort, service and warm atmosphere of El Cid Moro Beach Hotel. As we promise to provide a good service, we feel very proud to meet your expectations in details. It is truly motivational to see that our efforts are recognized.

Thank you so much for choosing us to enjoyed Christmas and New Year 2013 with us we feel so special for that.We look forward to welcome and serving you again at El Cid El Moro in the near future.

Best regards,

Salvatore Sanchez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the El Cid El Moro hotel in Mazatlan, Feb. 7-12. I stayed with my husband and two kids and my mom and her boyfriend came also.
When we first got to the hotel, the front desk staff were very welcoming. They offered us a drink. Check in took about 5-10min explaining everything to us. The staff led us to our rooms on the 12th floor right away. We had a partial ocean view with a pool view and city view. It was breathtaking looking at the sunrise and sunset every day.
The pools were heated. There are 4 hotels around eachother that are part of the El Cid Resorts. You can visit any hotel and use their pools or bars and dining. Everyday at the pool areas, they had activities every hour that were different.
The staff were very friendly. They served you drinks or snacks pool side or on the beach. The breakfast buffet was delicious. There was a lady that can make you an omelet or fried egg. Everything was made fresh and tasted really good. The maid would clean your room everyday. They come knocking on your door with a welcome goody bag of candy and every night hand out chocolates. My kids loved that!!
I would definitely go back to El Cid El Moro beach resort again one day!!
I think the only complaint was that the hotel zone is far from the malecon and other tourist attractions.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear: Sir/Lady

It is so nice to hear that our efforts are appreciated and we are truly thankful for you taking the time to reward us with your kind comments.

I’m happy to read that we offered a quick check in, and the location of your room is of your completed satisfaction, your comments regarding your visit of our 4 hotels and how you enjoyed the activities, pools, snack, drinks and food are valued for our committee.

Thank you for mentioning our hotel team, our aim is to ensure that each guest has a memorable stay with us. We take great pride in offering our guests the best possible service and it makes me so proud to read your feedback, and your recommendations of us to others.

Please let us know when we have the privilege of having you back! If there is anything I can do for you during any future visits, please do not hesitate to ask me. I look forward to seeing you at our hotel again soon!

Cordially,

Littleton, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed at El Cid Marina but went to restaurants at El Moro Towers. La Concha was always great. The service was great and made this one of our favorite place within El Cid.
We enjoyed our stay so much that after 3 straight years we finaly bought there – still a little hesitant, but the sales staff was actually great – little pressure and most impressive was that after hours in the restaurants throughout all the properties, you would see the sales staff with their families – this to me means that if they take their families to the properties they feel confident they did not shaft anyone or otherwise they would risk a bad encounter while dining with their families and no one wants that – will see if Senor Jesus Osuna will be able to deliver on all his commitments to us in a timely manner. Look for an update when everything is finalized.

Room Tip: Great Champagne Sunday Brunch - Love the sea food tray for too
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear: wolf-Lobo1

It is great to read your wonderful comments about our resort – especially our pools -- and know that you had such a great vacation with us. Thank you for continuing to return to El Cid as we try to make everyone’s stayed as enjoyable as possible. We hope you visit us again soon so you can enjoy even more of our hotel facilities and the new activities we try to bring to El Cid every day. Until the next time!

Okotoks, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We just keep coming back to El Cid El Morro in Mazatlan. It has a great pool, nice hot tub, great restaurant, nice beach, nice rooms, availability and location.

I really like that there are two pools, one cold and near the hot tub and one that is heated.

Room Tip: if you like the sound of the surf, face the water, if you want to be able to walk up to the window o...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear: Sir
Many thanks for your exceptionally kind comments. It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay and highly recommend the hotel. I was really enthused by your feedback and have passed it onto my team.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Best Regards,

Berkeley, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We arrived at El CID Moro Beach on February 9, 2013 - what a disappointment!
We were at the Grand Mayan in Nuevo Vallarta prior to this, which we thoroughly enjoyed.
Walking into the room here was a complete disappointment. The facility is extremely old and run down. I reread reviews to see what I had missed here - I totally agree with the person that said the buildings should have been bulldozed years ago.
While I don't disagree with the reviews that state the staff here are really nice, that doesn't make up for the gross rooms, ancient furnishings and appliances and terrible food.
I really wish I had seen a 'realistic' review before deciding to come here. I would rate this place at most a two or three star resort.
A couple of other things - there is no ice in the building (although they advertise it as being on every other floor, when you call they advise that this is not the case) and you have to purchase it if necessary. My husband injured his back and needed to ice it, and this became s difficult process due to the poor service. Room service is only available until 10pm and the menus is truly pathetic.
I would not return here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to review El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel. I am sorry that some aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. Comments like yours will assist us in maintaining and improving our service and product.

We are working on remodeling most of our rooms and facilities, so I'd like to invite you to come back so you can see our new and improved Moro Hotel.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if I can be of further assistance.

Warm regards,

Salvador Sanchez
Des Moines IA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We have been at the hotel for 4 weeks, and have enjoyed ourselves immensely. The waiters at the La Concha restaurant are very friendly, especially Luis Enrique, Ramon, Sergio and "Memo". The waiters for the pool bar La Conchita remember the drinks you like and bring them sometimes without asking. We especially enjoyed Francisco Renteria and Felix.

Room Tip: Not one of the newest hotels in Mazatlan, but certainly the best as far as staff and location.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear: sunloverDesMoinesIA

I would like to take this opportunity to express our thanks for your lovely note that you have posted on TripAdvisor. Thank you for all the compliments regarding our service. We continuously strive to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations of 5-star service and are delighted when we are able to make those visits extra special. We are sincerely happy to know we achieved this during your visit. Knowing that we fulfill your expectations is our greatest reward!

We have forwarded your comment to our food & beverage department, which will undoubtedly motivate them to continue working on those special touches!
We do hope your enjoyable stay will encourage you to choose El Cid Moro Beach Hotel again should your travel ever bring you to back to Mazatlan.

Kind regards,

Okotoks, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This was to be a week long visit to El Cid Moro Beach Hotel. Being our first time to Mexico we were not sure what to expect..A friendly face at the airport directing us to our Hotel shuttle, was a very pleasant surprise..I gotta tell you it only got better..For the week we were supposed to stay, we were made to feel like part of the gang. It wasn't too tough to persuade us to stay a second week..The food was perfect..service was excellent..the waiters were fantastic.. Felix and Ramon were incredible.. they seemed to be there before I knew I wanted anything. Thanks for making our first trip to Mexico so enjoyable..Im sure this will be the start of a long and warm relationship..

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear: Geoff R

I’m so glad to read that we meet your expectation in your first trip to Mazatlan, thank you a lot for in among options in this beautiful port your decide stay at El Cid Moro beach Hotel.

I’m more than happy to read that you are able to enjoyed our Hotel, and know my staff was always willing to help in any need anticipating your expectations. Felix and Ramon received a great mention for their excellent job.

Welcome to our family, I’m very proud to know you are a new family member.

As soon as you´re ready to begin planning your reservation, feel free to contact me, it will be a pleasure to help you.

Warmest regards

Salvatore Sanchez

Been to El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!