“Back again” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 76 Hotels in Mazatlan
Okotoks, Canada
“Back again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We just keep coming back to El Cid El Morro in Mazatlan. It has a great pool, nice hot tub, great restaurant, nice beach, nice rooms, availability and location.

I really like that there are two pools, one cold and near the hot tub and one that is heated.

Room Tip: if you like the sound of the surf, face the water, if you want to be able to walk up to the window o...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear: Sir
Many thanks for your exceptionally kind comments. It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay and highly recommend the hotel. I was really enthused by your feedback and have passed it onto my team.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Best Regards,

Salvatore Sanchez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Berkeley, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We arrived at El CID Moro Beach on February 9, 2013 - what a disappointment!
We were at the Grand Mayan in Nuevo Vallarta prior to this, which we thoroughly enjoyed.
Walking into the room here was a complete disappointment. The facility is extremely old and run down. I reread reviews to see what I had missed here - I totally agree with the person that said the buildings should have been bulldozed years ago.
While I don't disagree with the reviews that state the staff here are really nice, that doesn't make up for the gross rooms, ancient furnishings and appliances and terrible food.
I really wish I had seen a 'realistic' review before deciding to come here. I would rate this place at most a two or three star resort.
A couple of other things - there is no ice in the building (although they advertise it as being on every other floor, when you call they advise that this is not the case) and you have to purchase it if necessary. My husband injured his back and needed to ice it, and this became s difficult process due to the poor service. Room service is only available until 10pm and the menus is truly pathetic.
I would not return here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to review El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel. I am sorry that some aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. Comments like yours will assist us in maintaining and improving our service and product.

We are working on remodeling most of our rooms and facilities, so I'd like to invite you to come back so you can see our new and improved Moro Hotel.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if I can be of further assistance.

Warm regards,

Salvador Sanchez
Des Moines IA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We have been at the hotel for 4 weeks, and have enjoyed ourselves immensely. The waiters at the La Concha restaurant are very friendly, especially Luis Enrique, Ramon, Sergio and "Memo". The waiters for the pool bar La Conchita remember the drinks you like and bring them sometimes without asking. We especially enjoyed Francisco Renteria and Felix.

Room Tip: Not one of the newest hotels in Mazatlan, but certainly the best as far as staff and location.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear: sunloverDesMoinesIA

I would like to take this opportunity to express our thanks for your lovely note that you have posted on TripAdvisor. Thank you for all the compliments regarding our service. We continuously strive to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations of 5-star service and are delighted when we are able to make those visits extra special. We are sincerely happy to know we achieved this during your visit. Knowing that we fulfill your expectations is our greatest reward!

We have forwarded your comment to our food & beverage department, which will undoubtedly motivate them to continue working on those special touches!
We do hope your enjoyable stay will encourage you to choose El Cid Moro Beach Hotel again should your travel ever bring you to back to Mazatlan.

Kind regards,

Okotoks, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This was to be a week long visit to El Cid Moro Beach Hotel. Being our first time to Mexico we were not sure what to expect..A friendly face at the airport directing us to our Hotel shuttle, was a very pleasant surprise..I gotta tell you it only got better..For the week we were supposed to stay, we were made to feel like part of the gang. It wasn't too tough to persuade us to stay a second week..The food was perfect..service was excellent..the waiters were fantastic.. Felix and Ramon were incredible.. they seemed to be there before I knew I wanted anything. Thanks for making our first trip to Mexico so enjoyable..Im sure this will be the start of a long and warm relationship..

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear: Geoff R

I’m so glad to read that we meet your expectation in your first trip to Mazatlan, thank you a lot for in among options in this beautiful port your decide stay at El Cid Moro beach Hotel.

I’m more than happy to read that you are able to enjoyed our Hotel, and know my staff was always willing to help in any need anticipating your expectations. Felix and Ramon received a great mention for their excellent job.

Welcome to our family, I’m very proud to know you are a new family member.

As soon as you´re ready to begin planning your reservation, feel free to contact me, it will be a pleasure to help you.

Warmest regards

Kazoo, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stay away from this hotel, they are full of lies and promise things over the phone .... When u get here is nothing but old fashion furniture outdated Tv's they charge like if u are staying in a 4 star hotel .... Well let me tell you you can compare this place to the 2 or 3 hotel in us.....Not worth u money.... Believe you will be as disappointed as i am I got here yesterday (2/9) and nothing but headaches alReady.
I was in a 2 1/2 star hotel overnight a day before getting here and let me tell u that hotel was way better than this crap. Do you math...
Their all inclusive is nothing but crap, and lies.... Yes inclusive buttttttttt doesn't include this, that, and the other..... Really? So what the hell did I pay for...
sALVATORE SANCHEZ .... Manager ? Really I would like to speak to one .... Because this is crap
............................................... The tv and furniture is like your grandma's .... So old. And they promise a new studio for my stay?
A new studio if u were in the 80's that will be new...uggggggggghhhhhhhhhh so mad. I can't even type. If u like motel 6 yes... Come on over you will love EL CID..... Jajajaja lol
Don't waste your time, money and your vacation.
......................DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(
I will try to survive this crap...... I'm on my 2nd day and will leave next Saturday. So mad that trip advisor has over rated this hotel. STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't waste your time, money, and vacation!

Dear Mr. or Mrs. Xio E,

I am very sorry you were disappointed in our facilities. We always strive for our customer's satisfaction and well bing, and we're sorry we were not up to your standards.

I have an open door policy for any guest that wishes to contact me, and everyone at the front desk is instructed to let me know if a guest needs assistance. This is my personal email (smeza@rlcid.com.mx) so please feel free to contact me if I can offer any help.

Again, we're deeply sorry you were not happy in our facilities but do extend an invitation to come back back again so we can pamper you as you deserve.

Salvador Sanchez
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

My sister and I spent a week in El Moro mid-January. On our first day of vacation she tripped and fell on the streets of Mazatlan. To her dismay she did fracture a toe and sprang her ankle, she had to be on a cast and on a wheelchair for the whole trip.
I can not expressed and give a fair enough review of the service we were given at El Moro by the staff. Everyone went out of their way to physically and emotionally make her feel safe and able to enjoy the resort and activities. Several people/staff actions went soo far above their duties that (unknown to them) brought both of us to tears. We knew Mazatlan was a friendly town, we did not expect to feel so welcomed.
Our room was always impecably cleaned! thanks Rosalie for great service- we were on the 15th floor with an outstanding view!
Unless you need a wheelchair to move you woudn't notice that the access around the resort is somewhat constricting. the ramps are too steep and sometimes very narrow, however the waiters, security officers and even lifeguards were right by our side to help when needed!
LifeGuard- Carlos went out of his call of duty to make sure my sister was safe and provided her a way to enjoy her MAIN reason to be in Mazatlan: sit by the ocean and enjoy the sun, view and everything else- short of not being able to swim- . My most deepest thanks to Carlos for carrying her in his arms up and down the steps to the beach! Had it not been for his genuine concern, wonderful humor and strength, our visit might have been less enjoyable.
I may forget names! but my sincere thanks to Ricardo, Ramon (el Bello), Gustavo from La Concha restaurant for wonderful service and keeping us smiling!
Thanks to Ivan, Felix and Fco. for great service at the pool and beach area.
We met people from many countries and made some lasting friendships! we will try to plan and return to El Moro for a "do-over" soon!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear: GypsyAZ

Your descriptive testimony of the impressions and wonderful rating of your recent vacation is dearly appreciated and we thank you for the kind review.

It is wonderful to learn that your expectations were more than met during your first stay. The level of service delivered is a reflection of the pride and dedication our staff takes in each of their duties and we are confident of being able to welcoming many more guests very soon.

Your comments will be shared with our team and we shall especially forward your commendations to Carlos, Rosalie, Ricardo, Ramon and Gustavo who are part of our most valuable asset – our staff.

Your comments are highly appreciated and represent a great factor of motivation for us to continue in our mission to take good care of our guests and to make them feel at home.
Again, thank you for your encouraging remarks and we look forward to host you soon again.

Kind regards.

pittsburgh pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I just returned from the El Cid El Moro room 7121-7122. This was my 3rd stay and I can't say enough good things about the place. We did not have the all inclusive. The breakfast buffet was great. The waiters were really nice, We also enjoyed dinner several times in the same place. We went to the Mexican Fiesta on Wednesday night across the street. It was a great show with a live Mariachi band and two singers, Loved the dancers and the dancing horse. Attention managers: I have already told one of the hotel managers. I think you should not allow the sale of Tequila shots (pouring Tequila down the guest's throat while yelling and cheering loudly) while the band is playing and the singers are singing. This was rude and distracting. I felt like I was at a Fraternity party.!! The evening was enjoyable except for this. Can't wait to return to the El cid El moro next year.

Dear: maresPittsburghPa

Along with my team, I sincerely appreciate your positive comments and I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

Your kind recognition of our service is greatly appreciated and very warmly received. I take much pleasure in recognizing our restaurants, and about our Mexican party their genuine care and attention you receive in these places are towards ensuring your stay is exceptional in every way. I am very pleased to learn that this was the case for you and shall be extending your comments to our staff.

I will bring your comments to the F&B director regarding to the shots in a Mexican party, maybe this not convenient to our customer, your suggestions are really appreciated to us for be better day to day. That’s why we taking care in each review.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our Resort in the near future.

Best regards,

Salvatore Sanchez

Been to El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!