“Waiters at the Pool Bar” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. Camaron Sabalo S/N B, Mazatlan 82110, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 74 hotels in Mazatlan
Palmer, Alaska
“Waiters at the Pool Bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

All of the waiters at this establishment were wonderful. But two were exceptional: Jorge and Francisco Renteria. In addition to the great service, they were fun and added an extra dimension to our vacation. If we are able to return, we will certainly look for these two outstanding waiters.

C Jones

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear: Ms Claudianne J

I really want to thank you for your great mention about our two special waiters Francisco Renteria y Jorge. I´m very proud about them for the wonderful job and make your stay more pleasant.

As always, thank you for your time and review which we really appreciate. We are delighted to learn you enjoyed your stay with us at El Cid Moro, and especially that our staff went beyond your expectations.

We look forward to having the sincere pleasure of welcoming you back and many more occasions in the future and if I personally can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

With Season's wishes

585 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Seward
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Couldn't have had a better time. The customer service is great. Waiter Jorge (not tall one) was attentive and respectful! Trips to Deer Island, Stone Island, Tequila Tour, and to downtown and Cathedral were exceptional. Suntanning and horseback riding on the beach. Participated in pool exercise activity and shows at La Pergola. Had massages at the spa and manicure/pedicures. All inclusive is the way to go as the meals were superb. I'll go back soon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear: Ms Debra J

I am very happy to read that you are enthusiastic about our service and that we were able to meet your expectations with the service we provided you and the ambiance of our hotel.
As a part of our commitment to constant improvement and delivering greater value to our guests we guarantee that every visit to our hotel will be a unique and memorable experience, so letting us know how good we performed during your stay is a real great help to us!
I hope we will soon have a chance to welcome you back and deliver even more pleasant surprises!

Warm greetings

General Manager.
CLINTON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Another glowing report on El Moro and Castilla (El Cid Resorts) in Mazatlan. We watch, from our unit, as the grounds and pools are swept and cleaned every morning - a dedicated crew. They revamped the La Concha Restaurant this year and we watched as a new Bar & Grill Restaurant went up out by the pool area - so much work!! They are making it into a fancy
night time eatery. The food is wonderful at any of the many restaurants on property and they have about anything you could ask for on the menu's - Master Chef Ching Chang and Chefs David, Juan & Reuben made us a wonderful Parmesan Chicken. The pulmonia's
Carlos Berdegue, owner of El Cid, has a wonderful, friendly group of people working for him. To mention a few that went above and beyond to make our stay a most memorable one: Guillermo, Rosy and Karla at the front desk; Capt. Joel, Capt. Guillermo, Ricardo, Armando, Gabriel, Ramon, Edwardo and Martin; hostesses Jeniffer, LuPita, Anahi and Luisa; and cooks Carmen and Teodora at LaPergola. Also, Jorge, Luis and Saul, always a pleasure to see. The Welcome Gals: Maricruze, Carmen O, Laura, Carmen D, Ana and Emily and others I don't know - you do a wonderful job greeting and helping the people checking in. Club Elite group: Marisela, Estefany, Karla, Giesel and Yuvia - you keep that department running smoothly. Enrika, the activities guy is a marvel - getting everyone to play all the activities and getting them in the pool to exercise. A shout out to Angel (pool waiter) and Adon (in lobby) also - 2 great guys we visit with every year. Last, but not least, Salvador, general manager - you're doing a great job, pleasure to meet you. Whomever I left out, please forgive me. We are blessed to have so many friends (family) and look forward to seeing them every year. I also want to thank the lifeguards at El Cid and anyone else that assisted, in my husbands dizzy spell - they were quick to respond and professional. A special cab around Mazatlan (and no where else) is a Pulmonia - a fun ride.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear: bguinn clinton

What a pleasant comment! I Know I speak for others when I say that I appreciated the thoughtful gesture to share this comments to us, I feel so proud to have a wonderful team working at El Cid and I pretty sure Carlos Berdegue believes in the same way.

I´m glad you were able to use the facilities of our hotels, restaurant food, beverage…It´s really nice to know that we have to offer a variety of new options to ensure the guest´s experience is highly memorable.

Best appraisal any hotel can get is a promise that our guest is going to stay with us again because of the good service and helpful staff! Please, accept my sincere gratitude on behalf of all my staff and let me assure you that, thanks to such comments we will be getting even better.

The girls at Club Elite miss your presence, feeney's and zinfandel has become part of the elite club since your visit.

Happy Holidays

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I researched this Hotel from Trip Advisor members and they recommended staying in the tower on the higher floors. I emailed the hotel early on and requested the tower. We also got an email saying that the hotel would pick us up. Found out that the bus that was picking us up was time share people. Found it hard to say no to their sales pitch since we were already on the bus on their tab. The representative was very nice of course.... she offered a free breakfast the following day with that 90 minute sales pitch that turned into 2 hours plus discounts on any trips and all-inclusive meal plans. Again, thought it wouldn't be to painful because of the discounts. We decided to take the Stone Island tour the city tour and buy 4 days of all-inclusive food/drink plan.
On arrival we checked in and again I reminded them of a high floor. They gave us the rooms on the 27th floor, one more floor up was the penthouse! The Bell-hop took us to our rooms had we had a breathtaking view of the ocean! We had a two bedroom unit that had windows with three different views! The room was not the remodeled unit. We know this because beside our room they left the door open for people to see the newly remodeled version. NO big deal though, our view made everything else not mater! Plus, the shower flow was very impressive! The televisions were the old style and not HD so, you really counted your blessings when you are home watching your favorite NFL team playing! The kitchen in the unit was only good for making coffee and storing water bottles in the fridge. It had a 2 burner stovetop with no oven but, you got a toaster oven. SInce we did not know the area we did not venture out to find a super-market plus, we were getting a discount on the meal plan from the timeshare people which was $36. per person a day from $69. per person.
After surviving the timeshare presentation they hounded us several other times which was annoying but tolerable. The El Cid was very big at first, it would have been nice to have a better blueprint of the facility. The food was good but we did get sick eating at their (new) poolside dinner restaurant. We narrowed it down to the salad with blue cheese crumbles on it. STAY AWAY from the blue cheese!
The first tour we signed up for was the Stone Island tour. They shuttled you over to their sister hotel El Cid Marina and you got on a catamaran which sailed you over. This was very nice trip. You sailed pass Bird and Deer Island and the Light House. We even ran into a school of dauphins! Once you got to Stone Island (which is not really an Island) you boarded a wagon which took you through a village and you ended up at a restaurant on the beach. We went horseback riding and had a blast and did it twice! They cooked you lunch but, you had to get bombarded again with vendors and timeshare people. Everyone has something to sell. The next tour we took was the city tour which was through the timeshare people. They took you to two leather shops, two jewelry shops a candy store then finally to the old church in town then to their restaurant where they made you buy lunch. Didn't expect that agenda. But, again everyone has to make a buck.... plus, we didn't know the area and felt safe in numbers.
Being on the top floor we had a spectacular view of the ocean and we also saw everything from up there....too much maybe! We saw too many large Sting Rays swim by close to the shoreline which made us NOT get in the water. Also, the vendors were relentless. We were always at the pool where the service was awesome. If you were laying on chairs at the beach you would not have peace. On fifth day into our week, the hotel staff put up a fence to keep them out but, it did not work because there was no one to enforce it. It was humorous to watch the vendors walk inside the fence like it was even there. We could not even walk or go to the hotel wall without them harassing you. Glad we had that great room with the view!

Room Tip: High floor of the tower!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear: Debbie G

Thank you for your detailed and truthful review and for exposing the good things of the hotel as well as the things that needed improvement. We are very surprised about some of your comments, I would like to share with you that we have taken good note to prevent this operational situations.

Regarding the room you had during your stay: We are currently under a full renovation program. We are trying harder and harder to upgrade the property and put into account everyone's suggestions; we are slowly but surely making changes in our hotel.

In reference to vendors on the beach that you have mentioned, we have had a talk with security department, addressing your review. we are trying to do something differentI to keep them away from our customers.

I have worked with my team to bring a new energy and focus on customer service to our guests. I can assure you that we have made significant improvements, both in filling our premises and in taking good care of our guests. There is now a very different feeling around the premises.

If you would be so kind to give us another opportunity to host you in the future, I can assure you that we will work diligently to ensure your satisfaction, and that you will be pleased with our service.

Best Regards,

Hayward, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

if you want more than 100% service by the swimming pool; ask for Ramon Morales at the Conchita bar. He goes the extra mile for you.
great person, excellent amigo and if you want something that the bar does nnot have, he'll get it for you like magic.

Room Tip: All rooms are ok; you do not spend too much time in there anyway
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Indime

Your recommendation about Ramon Morales at La Conchita bar made us feel very proud of having them as part of our team because they are doing their best to follow in the direction to score our most important goal: make our guests happy.

Kind regards,

Green Cove Springs, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

For your first trip to Mazatlan El Cid is a good choice. They have multiple pools and restaurants on site with all inclusive meal plans. If you want to explore they have an onsite day trip company with many options for exploring local areas of interest. They are right on the ocean and very close to the tourist zone with many good restaurants. Also the local bus to the historic section runs by the entrance and costs less than a dollar.

Room Tip: Rooms higher up tend to be quieter with better views
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear: gringobill

First of all, thank you so much for your review regarding your recent stay with us. I am very proud to read that you experienced at El Cid Moro Beach Hotel was perfect during your vacation in Mazatlan.

A large part of customer service success is creating a seamless experience. Customer needs are anticipated; systems are in place; employees are trained…it is wonderful to read that we provided you such an exceptional service.

Thank you! Your comments really brightened up our day. With sincere appreciation, I wish there are more guests like you.
I am really looking forward to welcoming you back in our hotel anytime soon!

Cordially,

Shawano, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

As relatively new owners we are very excited about our upcoming stay at El Cid this coming week (Nov 10 - Nov 17). We are brining my sister and her husband with us, this being their first experience with Time Share. The one experience we had in the states was wonderful and hoping that this first time experience at El Cid will be the first of many. I have read many of the reviews and find that most have outstanding reviews, so we are greatly incouraged by them. The newer and updated rooms with ocean view sound very inviting. I truly hope that the review that I write after our stay is the best ever. Who knows, maybe my sister and her husband will be "new owners" after this stay.

Sincerly,
P. John and Jean A.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear: P JOHN A

We are very excited to know that we will soon have your visit, we are fortunate in among many options in Mazatlan, you have chosen El Cid Resort.

If there is anything that can help during your stay, do not hesitate to contact me be assured that I will help make your stay more pleasant.
I and my team will be happy to give you a warm welcome for the first time to Hotel.

Best regards from the sunny beaches of Mazatlan.

Salvatore Sanchez

Been to El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!