“Making improvements to an already great place!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Great Sale: Up to 63% Off
Ranked #7 of 75 hotels in Mazatlan
Olympia, Washington
“Making improvements to an already great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I have been coming here for 23 years starting as a guest of my parents. My wife and I bought 3 years ago at a VIP level and trust me there has been buyers remorse! BUT, every time we come with or with out our 3 kids we realize how much we truly LOVE Mazatlan and the El Cid Resort. The people here are fantastic and do literally EVERYTHING that they can to make your stay as pleasant as it can be. We were at El Cid in September / October 2011 for 10 days with our children and the property was not at its best. I am sitting in my room as I write this and am happy to say that this place impress' me! The updated pool tiles are smooth and comfortable on the feet, the wifi throughout the entire property is great, the property shows they have invested in its aesthetics and the best part, the servers, staff and sales people DO NOT CHANGE. I see the same people here every time we come and we are always greeted with a handshake or hug. Thank you El Cid Resort Management for showing us what our maintenance fees are going to as I know times are tight not only in the Domestic US but here too and to see you keeping the Resort in top shape is a kudos to you all! Only thing that I wish has nothing to do with El Cid! Too bad so many airlines are not flying here as much to make it easier to get to Mazatlan! The travel advisory's are BOGUS, just don't go and do stupid things and you wont find yourself in jeopardy. We go to the Market, and walk all over and town and never have any issues!!! Come and see for yourself I bet you will feel the same!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear: David L

Thank you for your positive note; I’m really pleasant to know that you really enjoyed our service, friendly staff and our beautiful and safe port of Mazatlan.

Your comments really touch my heart, thank you for trust in us and for let be part of your recent experience at El Cid for helping the readers of Tripadvisor to chosen us on future visits to this beautiful port.

We were delighted to see that the renovations in pool rooms and some other areas of the hotel exceeded expectations. We realize we are in a competitive market and customer needs must remain top priority. We take pride in offering a high quality standard of service to you our guest.

Come back to our "safe Mazatlán". Having you and your family stay with us was a pleasure and a We hope to see you again soon on your next vacation!

We Wish the Best

Kind regards,

590 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
parkfalls wi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

I have been coming here for 5 years and I will have to say this is the best vacation a person could ask for the area is very safe the locals are so nice and the resort staff is the best. I have traveled all over and mazatlan is the only place I will come back to. They bend over backwards for you.Rui and Susanna are great people they make sure you are we'll taken care of. I will rate this as a 5 star resort. The food is the best ever and they use top shelf for there drinks as well. This is a AAA+ resort

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear: chris1994m

Thank you for reviewing El Cid Moro. We are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and the good news is that it won’t be your last stay!

We are grateful for your positive comments. And thank you for your loyalty. We are impressed of your marvelous feedbacks. I will pass your comments to my team (especially to Rui y susana) as for the result of their hard work. I am sure that your comment will support them to function better with a good service in the future.

I am very pleased that you took the time to share your suggestions with us. We really hope you felt special and were treated as an individual. We invite you back anytime and please, do recommend us.

Best Regards,

Lagrange, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Pool area..........Beautiful! Swim through the cave and under the waterfall. Caution......Don't leave food unattended as the rather large Iguanas will take them quickly!

We had a pent house 3 Bedroom Suite and it was stunning with wrap around balcony on two sides over looking the pool. Nicholas Cage was staying on the top floor above me at the time so there was a bit of security in the area at the time. But this did not effect us at all.

The bar areas were beautiful and the bartenders and staff were fantastic. Walking distance to the town.
Make sure that you ask for the El Moro Tower when booking. It is the best.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear. Cerveza930

Thank you so much for your amazing review. I am delighted that you enjoyed the pools and found our rooms extremely comfortable with a great view. I am also happy that you shared your comments about our staff.

I'm very sorry about the problem with Iguanas; we always take care to keep away from our customer leaves our control. Although they are harmless some people are not in agree on having them around.

Helping guests enjoying their holidays is rewarding by it, but hearing that they actually did enjoy it is even bigger reward as well as the energy needed for continuing your efforts for further improvement.

On behalf of everyone THANK YOU.

El Centro, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

A couple of weeks ago i was fortunate enough to stay at El Moro and had a great time. I went with a party of 20 and the accommodation for all of us was great. The rooms were big and clean. Pool area was awesome, along with the beach as well. I especially loved the service, this hotel and staff did everything possible to make are stay the best and smooth as possible. I definitely recommend this hotel for everyone, whether you come with your family or friends. And i will definitely come back to stay here when I come to Mazatlan.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear: concretecali

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments regarding our hotel. We greatly appreciate the title of your comment. We hope that on your next visit to Mazatlan again favor us with your choice and let us give you the service you deserve.
I hope that your feedback helps to other Tripadvisor users make the right choice for their next trip to Mazatlan.

My best wishes

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

I have been in mazatlan since i was a little girl,moro its my favorite hotel above all,great service from everyone but i think this flaws made my experience every year a bit more. Less enjoyable
Lousy grill for cooking,and combined with the old dated pans make my cooking slow and burn my food
Air conditioned sometimes doesnt work
Raining in one side of the room
Very dangerous deck
No activities on the pool
Same furniture since the 80"s
Only like 15 channels
We got stocked on the elevator several times
And the thing make me more mad or sad its the shuttle service its only 1 way,they pick you up becuase they trie to sell you a timeshare but you get back to the airport on a cab
I think its a lack of respect and consideretion and what that makes me think as a costumer its "we want you to come here but once were done with you ww dont give a deam about you"
Consider that please
But it make me very happy i saw a lot of people working and changing elevators,furniture and painting etc I hope they change that lousy grill and pans!!!

• Stayed September 2012
Dear: Malenicious
I really sorry for your unfortunate experience at El Cid, Also we want to thank you for allowing us to remain part of your vacation and your memory, thank you very much indeed for your loyalty.

It gives us a great pleasure forward to your continued visits.

As you already mentioned we are making improvements in our facilities in general is a project
that is expected to complete to the coming year, however hopefully on your next visit to El Cid contact me to assign one of our rooms recently remodeled and show our changes.

All areas of opportunity which you mention have been addressed immediately and we have not experienced any other issues in this regard, we will review some of the points in order to discover areas where adjustments might be needed. Our guests’ contributions are important for us since they help us to constantly improve the services we deliver.

We hope to have the honor to host you soon again and please let me know if I can be of assistance in the future.

Regards,

Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

staff is awesome..front staff..Rosy you are my favorite
Guillermo,,always smiling and ready to make your stay memorable!!

restaurant staff..La Concha...JESUS..you make my morning complete with delivery of coffee..GRACIOUS!!!

housekeeping,,,ROSARIO..has everything in our room that we need ALWAYS..GRACIOUS!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear: Deweywhiterock

Thanks for your wonderful feedback about our beloved hotel and our staff. We are so proud to know that an extensive and exposed traveler like you found our products and services up to the mark.

Thanks for the compliments to our staff, we are recognizing each of them for their excellent service, Rosy, Guillermo, Jesus and Rosario
Sincere thanks for being our guest and we very much hope to welcome you back very soon.

Kind regards,

General Manager.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

The place was awesome... Went there for a party of 20. Everybody got accommodated.. Pool area was great.. Beach area was great. Rooms where big and clean. All inclusive was the way to go, defiantly ate and drank more than I paid for. Although didn't get much sleep, beds where nice when I was in them...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear: Sir

Party of 20 .. sounds great, I am very pleased to know that you were chosen among the many choices in Mazatlan to make your celebration. Even more I am proud to read that we meet your travel expectations.

We continuously strive to meet and exceed our guest’s expectations and we are delighted when this is achieved. It was indeed a pleasure to note your very positive feedback in regard to the pool and beach areas, your experience with the all inclusive and staff service.

Thank you once again for recognizing all our effort. If I can ever be of service to you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Warm greetings,

Salvatore Sanchez

Been to El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!