“coming home again” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 76 Hotels in Mazatlan
Surrey, Canada
“coming home again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

staff is awesome..front staff..Rosy you are my favorite
Guillermo,,always smiling and ready to make your stay memorable!!

restaurant staff..La Concha...JESUS..you make my morning complete with delivery of coffee..GRACIOUS!!!

housekeeping,,,ROSARIO..has everything in our room that we need ALWAYS..GRACIOUS!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear: Deweywhiterock

Thanks for your wonderful feedback about our beloved hotel and our staff. We are so proud to know that an extensive and exposed traveler like you found our products and services up to the mark.

Thanks for the compliments to our staff, we are recognizing each of them for their excellent service, Rosy, Guillermo, Jesus and Rosario
Sincere thanks for being our guest and we very much hope to welcome you back very soon.

Kind regards,

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

The place was awesome... Went there for a party of 20. Everybody got accommodated.. Pool area was great.. Beach area was great. Rooms where big and clean. All inclusive was the way to go, defiantly ate and drank more than I paid for. Although didn't get much sleep, beds where nice when I was in them...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear: Sir

Party of 20 .. sounds great, I am very pleased to know that you were chosen among the many choices in Mazatlan to make your celebration. Even more I am proud to read that we meet your travel expectations.

We continuously strive to meet and exceed our guest’s expectations and we are delighted when this is achieved. It was indeed a pleasure to note your very positive feedback in regard to the pool and beach areas, your experience with the all inclusive and staff service.

Thank you once again for recognizing all our effort. If I can ever be of service to you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Warm greetings,

Westchester, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I recently stayed at El Cid, El Moro with my husband from August 27th to September 3rd. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family. Not only was Mazatlan itself gorgeous (we had perfect weather the entire week) but the hotel felt safe and the staff was outstanding! Upon arrival, we did not receive the type of room we were expecting (we own a timeshare and had traded in). Evelyn was very helpful and we were moved the next morning to a beautiful ocean view suite, which this time met our expectations. From then on things got better and better. The staff at El Cid are professional, friendly and very attentive. Every person who helped in the pool area, restaurant, front desk, activities, ANYWHERE was more than helpful. To name a few: Enrike and Enrique from activities and Ivan and Angel from the Conchita really made our stay pleasant. It felt nice to feel like you had someone to come to if you had any questions. I want to also add that room service is very good, fast, and non expensive. Definitely a great option for a day of sleeping in or late night snack. There are so many tours to choose from and the hotel rooms are spacious enough for staying in. Overall during our stay, we had the perfect combination of relaxation at the pool, beach and spa as well as just the right amount of trips (Deer Island and City Tour) which I would highly recommend. Also, for couples, there is a romantic dinner set up by The Cascada restaurant. A private table is set up on the beach, under candlelight, with a private musician and any meal combination you'd like (for a moderate price of that in the states!) Thank you Ivan for the suggestion, and our waiter for his service we loved it! Staying at El Cid, you can really have a home away from home and feel relaxed, have fun, and enjoy a wonderful culture. I hope to go back again!

Room Tip: Definitely stay in a one bedroom or two bedroom suite in the tower. They are updated, beautiful, you...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Millie S

First and for most I would like to start off by thanking you for this amazing Review.
We are honored that you choose us for your destination and take vacation get away and know that we offer you the best vacation.

We always give our best for make sure our guests have what they need and help them in any way we can. El Cid has worked to created a philosophy of service, it’s very comfortable to see a results like your choose us in this feedback, I love the way you describe your romantic dinner on the beach, it's a very good option for a couples traveling to this beautiful place as Mazatlan.

I am very pleased that you have found our staff friendly and helpful, especially Evelyn front desk, Enrique from activities, Ivan and Angel from La Conchita Restaurant. We are very proud for the excellent service they provide to our customers. We prioritize employee recognition to ensure a positive, productive, organizational climate and to encourage more of the actions and thinking we believe will make our hotel successful. People who feel appreciated are more positive about themselves and their ability to contribute.

Thank you for your generous praise and recommendation. On behalf of all of us here, we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Kind Regards,

2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

I am sorry to say i did not do my homework in properly researching this facility. Outdated room. Just walking into my room i was disappointed. Booked an eight person suite, two bedroom, plus a living room. Saw some pictures online, and thought it was more than ok.
But those pictures were for the recently updated rooms they have, not for mine. They are currently in the process of updating rooms. So good luck getting one of those. Mine wasnt. Its like walking into an eighties hotel. Doesnt stand up to the name. Plasma or lcd tvs? Dream on. Dvd? Its an eighties room, forget it. Very old furniture. Well maintained, but old nonetheless.
Tried getting moved to different room, as I noticed the room next to mine looked like the ones i saw online. Called the reception, where Jose Samudio explained they have not yet completed updating their facilities. And after asking for a few minutes, gave me a callback, and explained to me there was nothing he could do. Have not yet checked out. Im booked until Sept 9, but I, for sure, will never stay at el cid again.

• Stayed September 2012
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear: mrizomtz

I am very disappointed by your recent negative experience and I offer my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience that your experiment.

I’ve already token note that you’re not entirely satisfied with our facilities Please know that we have been working in an extensive renovation program and have been working from the top floors down, and each room on each floor will be upgraded and improved upon.

We already confirmed the situation with Jose Zamudio about not give one of our rooms remodeled, we inform you that by that time and the type of room that you had not been possible.

Your suggestions are very important to us. Please know that our efforts to evolve and improve, we are constantly evaluating the criticisms of our customers. Since only with feedback can further improve our customers' expectations.

Please I really want to have the second opportunity to serve you and change your bad experience to great. Please contact me if this is possible, I am at your service to welcome you personally and take care of your stay the time you spend here.

Sherwood Park, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We have been travelling to El Cid El Moro for five years and have NEVER had a bad experience. Friendly staff, good accommodation and great food. We have asked for and always had an ocean view room. Always had exceptional maid service and the front desk has met our little requests with no problems. All staff have helped with suggestions for tours and shopping. We are going back for a month this time around.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor corner suites.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Dear: Lady

We really appreciate your loyalty to our Hotel, we feel much honored to receive your visit and to be part of your memorable vacations in Mazatlan.

I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay the service of our staff, our food and drink and our accommodations, even more to know that will be back with us soon.

Once again thank you for your positive comments; it is a pleasure for us that will keep those good memories of your stay.

Along with my team, I look forward welcoming you back in not too distant future.

Best Regards

Zapopan, Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I´ve been in El Moro from August 4 to August 11. My experience here was not very satisfactory. I was with my family 4 adults and 2 children, we had a suite with two queen beds and two bathrooms.
1. The room was oldfashion seems like has not been remodeled in years or if a part of the tower was I had no luck to get a room in that area.
2. The two tubs in the bathrooms were completely clogged pipes (which for me is disgusting). 3. The air conditioning did not cool properly and thermostat did not work.
4. Cleaning the bathrooms did not seem appropriate either by staff.
In conclusion Ive never going to come back to this hotel´again. I´ve been several times in Mazatlan in other Hotels and I had no bad experiences like this.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear: Mr. Juan R

Thank you indeed for taking your time to share your comment & attract our attention to the occasion described!

I am sorry that some aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. Comments like yours will assist us in maintaining and improving our service and product.

We already take a note about some aspects that you mentioned challenges during your stay, particularly in regards to quality in rooms. We are remodeling our facilities this was a project expected to be completed this year, as you mention your room unfortunately was not one of them.

We can offer no excuses for the service lapses you mentioned, only our assurance that we will work very diligently to correct these deficiencies. We pride ourselves on extending the best quality of service to all of our guests and ensuring that they have a most enjoyable stay. We will certainly look into the inconveniences you experienced and take corrective measures to make sure such lapses in service do not repeat themselves.

We always work hard and take care in every single detail, to strengthen our quality standards.
I trust you will at some stage again give us the opportunity to show you this occasion was a one off occurrence and turn the negatives into positives. As the manager, I am here to answer questions for those who need special assistance.

My best wishes,

Colchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We arrived yesterday with a "Luxury Ocean View" bedroom reservation. The room was in the first floor facing a swimming pool and the ocean, but had the strongest smell (humidity). We asked if we could switch and Malube atthe reception desk sent me to check the ugliest room no view whatsoever to the ocean- no luxury...). Went backto my room... but decided to complain because my room was not the one in the pictures from where I booked my hotel (supposedly recently remodeled hotel...). They ended up giving us an upgrade to a room with ocean view. Way bigger than what we needed, but never to the supposedly recently remodeled ones...
Everything shows signs of wear and tear... oh well... I won't come back.
Ohhh... internet is 90 pesosand only for one computer...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear: Veronica W.

We would like to thank you for your preference, in choosing El Cid Moro for your vacation, as well for letting us know about your recent experience.

Carefully review each of your comments about your recent stay with us. An apologize for your negative experience regarding our rooms; we already make the necessary corrections so we could have the opportunity to make it right. Our objective is to adjust to the diverse needs of our guests, which can only take place by the criticism that our customers make it.

Furthermore the Hotel has been in the process of extensive renovation and refurbishment. I do hope that you choose to stay with us for any future stays, so that we can showcase all of our upgrades and décor changes that have taken place over since you last stayed with us.

In closing, we are looks forward to discussing your concerns openly and honestly in hopes that through our efforts we can earn your trust and confidence once again, hoping that in the future you want to give is another chance to serve you and show you the other side of El Cid.

Sincerely

Salvatore Sanchez

Been to El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!