“You can't do better than El Cid El Moro in Mazatlan” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Great Sale: Up to 63% Off
Ranked #7 of 75 hotels in Mazatlan
“You can't do better than El Cid El Moro in Mazatlan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

We bought in to El Cid Timeshares three separate times now. We now have All Inclusive Elite, all the food and drinks we want for two people. We are here almost four weeks this time and just hate it when we have to leave this paradise. Everyone here is so friendly and all the workers smile at you all the time. Everyday the room is cleaned and fresh sheets and towels. I have never been to a cleaner hotel and I am not only talking only about the rooms,but the entire hotel, which by the way, the rooms are very spacious and wonderful, with ocean and city views. There are several restaurants at the 4 hotels they have and the food is consistantly good and you don't have to be afraid to eat it or drink the water here. They cannot do enough to help you. There are 3 swimming pools here.
We especially thank all the timeshare people here, Jesus, Enrique, Humberto, and Lilly for your friendship and help. Lilly helped us in making changes in our reservations and is so gracious and helpful.Memo, the front desk Manger is very accomodating and nice. The waiters, Enrique(Luis) and Victor were wonderful.They have a show every night here. Can you tell....WE LOVE IT AT EL CID. Carolyn Nierman

Room Tip: Ask for view of ocean or city
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 17, 2011
Dear Ms. Carolyn Nierman

First of all, I would like to thank you for being our time share member and give us the opportunity to serve you at this your home El Cid Resort, we are very happy to read your comment and know that you are having a great time. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to know your opinion about the All Inclusive Elite, I am happy to know that you are enjoying of all the benefits this plan offers in regards to Food and Drinks service, absolutely many options of restaurants to choose from.

I a grateful with you for your recognition to the great job that our staff makes to keep rooms very well cleaned, we are aware of the importance of this aspect, we strive in make you enjoy every aspect of your stay.

We thank you enough for the many compliments of our property and service. If you need of any assistance, information during the rest of your stay, do not have hesitation to contact me directly, I will gladly assist you. I would like to have the pleasure to meet you in person.

best regards,

590 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

This was our second time at El Cid El Moro, and it was even better this time. We like that the food and drink inside the hotel as well as outside the hotel is cheaper than other parts of Mexico and its great. Ask any of the cab drivers where to eat and drink and you can't go wrong. When we were there last year we met a server at the pool named Francisco and he was amazing!!! Anything we needed he had it for us before we asked for it. When we got there this year and he recognized us right away. Not only did he take great care of us, but when we were not in his section he made sure the server took great care of us. Felix, Juan, Aaron, Tomas, and Adrian were great. The rooms are nice and spacious with a small kitchen and great pools. They offer all inclusive food and drink packages, which we have not used, because we like to try different restaurants when we are on vacation. I would recommend this place for a nice vacation and great poolside service.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 4, 2011
Dear JennyJ09

First of all I want to thank you for your loyalty to El Cid Moro, We are very happy to receive comments like this about our staff service, we have made increased efforts to satisfy all of our guests and the results have been very gratifying. We will continue working hard to continue to meet the expectations of our customers.

Please let us know when we have the privileges of having you back! If there is anything I can do for you during any future visits, please don’t hesitate to ask for me. I look forward to seeing you at our hotel again soon!

Your friend,

Abbotsford, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

El Cid El Mora had great Foof Drink Service Staff Beautiful Pools Great Beach Fab Entertainment Nice Large Rooms with full sized Fridges and Kitchenettes Comfortable Beds All rooms have Great Views .The Staff is Friendly Happy Fun and give you Awsome service. The Food is wonderful if you like Seafood and I do. Drinks are top Shelf . Pools are Massive Beaches are clean coral free and very Walkable Right in the Heart of Mazatlan so all the shops Nighlife and Services of the City are right in reach. I would go back any time and would recomend it to anyone. Dont be afraid of Mazatlan it is a clean safe city and El Cid has Marina and Castilla attatched to it so it is a very large versatile Resort.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2011
Dear Binkyljfm

We are most grateful for your very kind comments. We love to read your review which is very important to us in order to evaluate our performance! Great to hear also that you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel.

Nothing makes us happier than being able to be a positive force on our guests’ trips to Mazatlan. We are delighted that you found our location perfect for your needs. Our proximity to the Golden Zone is a huge draw for visitors who want a quick walk to fabulous places

Please do contact me in advance if you are planning to come back to Mazatlan, I will be pleased to welcome you personally at El Cid Moro Beach Hotel.

Warmest regards,

Saskatchewan, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

My friend and I stayed at the El Moro April 9-16th and had a great time.
I would suggest getting the All-Inclusive package at this resort. There is lot so food to choose from and it is very good. The buffet has different theme nights with lots to choose from. We ate at the italian and Sushi Bar a-la Cartes and they were both good with lots of food. In the afternoon you can either go to the outside buffet or eat a-la-carte style at the moro pool. We ordered battered shirmp and coconut shirp 4 days for lunch, it comes with rice and veggies. I am a picky eater and i am usually hungry when i am at resorts but i never was here. There are lots of pool and beach chairs so i am sure during the busy seasons there wouldnt be a problem finding one (the resort was pretty dead during our stay). The staff was amazingly friendly and willing to help. The resort might need a little updating in some areas like the rooms and a-la-cartes but this did not effect our trip. Entertainment was decent I would suggest taking it in every night. There are shops within the resort that you can buy souvenirs at or you can walk a couple blocks and find stores and a mini-market.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2011
Dear alarose

On behalf of all the staff at El Cid Moro Beach Hotel, I would like to thank you for your positive comments regarding this home, El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel.

From your feedback we gather that you enjoyed your stay and were very satisfied using the pools, restaurants and bars wich are part of the All Inclusive plan and that you have found such amazing and friendly staff. Your comments help us to know if we are doing it well. Happy guests, with memorable stay, it is our mission.

On the other hand, I appreciate a lot your suggestions, they are the tools that help us to improve or reinforce where necessary, we are commited to have satisfied customer, for that reason we take your comments seriously

I would once again like to say thanks for staying with us; I look forward to welcome you soon.

Best regards,

Vernon, British Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

My family and I were supposed to stay at the El Cid Granada, but becasue of renovations we were moved to the El Moro. Due to the fact we had an AI, we could eat at one of the many restaurants in the El Cid Group as well as enjoy the many pools. This trip was unbelievable for food, service, accommodations, beach, and on and on. I wish I could remember the names of some of the people that treated us, they we all so wonderful. I would recomend this place to everyone. Thank you everyone at the El Cid Group.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2011
Dear wineguy_11

Thank you so very much for posting your comments to trip advisor, our commitment is to guarantee a hassle free stay to our guests and promote the unique culture of the beautiful port of Mazatlan, while offering the unique service that earn our reputation, thank you so very much for your honest and valuable comments. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and every aspect of the hotel. We also would like to thank you for your recommendation.

For your next visit to Mazatlan, feel free to contact me to help you in making plans for having another memorable vacation.

Best regards,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011 via mobile

My family and I were at El Moro for one day, we had a property we were renting for the rest of our stay in Mazatlan. At the airport we met someone from the El Cid who was to help us arrange the taxi. I didn't realize it at first but he was with their timeshare program. In exchange for the "90 minute" presentation and a free breakfast we could comp our taxis to and from the airport ($58 USD tot), 2 tours for 4 people, and breakfast with the timeshare presentation.

We have seen a timeshare presentation before for a similar RCI "points" presentation, but it still was closer to 3 hours before we could get out. Just be advised what you are getting yourself into and determine how much your time is worth. For us looking to do a cheaper trip the $ saving so far seems worth it.

So far we had 1 tour which is a city van tour. Be prepared it has a lot of relationships with companies - ie everywhere they take you is because that destination paid the tour company. I think they said the cost of a ticket was $18 USD per person... If they are not free I would not recommend it - I feel you would be better off getting a taxi and have them take you to Machado Plaza or the Cathedral and you will see what you want to see vs what the tour company was paid to show you.

As part of our tour for the timeshare we saw a room at El Castillo, connected next door to El Moro. Personally I liked the room there better.

For breakfast we had both La Concha buffet and La Cascada ala carte. I preferred the buffet for atmosphere and service, food was comparable.

Poolside drinks were typical all-inclusive, if you make a relationship with a good waiter you are never left thirsty though.

For lunch we had La Alhambra at Castillo by the beach. Again the ambience was great - it was a buffet and I personally thought it sucked.

This was our first all inclusive not in Cancun - I have preferred my AI experiences in Cancun. If you are looking at trying something new Mazatlan is a nice place to visit - it doesn't have the same "resort" feel of Cancun and that's OK just know that's not what you are looking for.
El Cid has a new marina property that we would try if we came back to mazatlan.

• Stayed April 2011
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 27, 2011
Dear Bmgustin

Many thanks for taking the time to write your comments on El Cid Moro Beach Hotell even when they are not so positive. I was deeply concerned to read the points about the inconveniences you had due to the Time Share presentation. We take guest feedback very seriously, because it is the single most useful tool for improving our hotel and its service. It is our goal to ensure a perfect stay for every guest every night, for that reason I sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations, please accept my most sincere apologies. We are certainly going to reinforce the points you have mentioned.

I would like to thank you again for leaving your comments as this is vital to our business. An unhappy guest walking through our doors always leaves us with a taste of dissatisfaction.
Again many thanks for taking the time to write your review and I hope we can cater to your needs again in the future.

Gibbons, Alberta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011

I am writing this review while I am still here because I am so disappointed with the service and food at this hotel. I travel alot and have never had such horrible service as this place. IT is very hard for me to write this as I hate to say anything bad but I don´t want anyone coming here with false expectations. It seemed that if you are not mexican you don´t matter. The buffet was horrible every time, no kids menu anywhere, food was poorly prepared and served. You can not eat at all the restaurants advertised with the all inclusive '' only certain ones. The waiters would litterally stand around by the pool bar all the time and talk until you went to them for a drink. The drinks were never the same. Forget being served. The only good thing about this place was the housekeepers kept the room really clean and one restaurant called El Patio was great for adults only. No kids menu though and you were only allowed one thing on the menu. I have never experienced in all my travels a place like this and DO NOT recommend coming here unless you are coming strickly for a nice suite and at that it is only the suites that are nice. The rooms with 2 beds are so tiny it is ridiculous. They don´t even have a place to clean up if you have to check out and your flight leaves late. The hotel is at 40% occupancy and they barely give you a late check out. There is no reason the service should of been so horrible with the amount of staff here. Only one of our seven days we were served. When I told the front desk about how horrible the service was she said nothing and shrugged her shoulders. I will gladly answer anyones questions if you want to email me. OH and the bed frames were concrete' try sleeping on the sidewalk that is what it felt like . Even my seven and eleven year olds woke up with sore bodies.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 19, 2011
Dear sunny-sand

Firstly, I would like to thank you for choosing us for your stay in Mazatlan. Secondly, I am very disappointed to read that we are not meeting your expectations; most of the reviews mention the great experience they had at this your home, and for that reason, I sincerely regret that yours is not being 100% perfect.

Considering that you are still staying with us, I would deeply appreciate if you give me an opportunity to discuss this matter with you personally , I will be grateful with you, if you allow me to prove that we work very hard to improve or reinforce where necessary.

Thanks a lot for bringing to my attention your valuable comments.

I hope to hear from you.

Receive my best regards,

Raul Hernandez

Been to El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!