I travelled to El Cid with my 66 year old mom. It was a last minute thing.
In Mazatlan we landed and were on the bus on our way in less than 30 minutes. Last April we flew to Cancun and it took at least 4 hours just to clear the customs line. I will always plan my trips now to places with small airports.
We checked into El Cid quickly. I strongly recommend upgrading to the Elite package. The perks are worth it; the elite lounge/office, free internet, better rooms, vip pool,etc. My mother wanted a room right on the ocean, the staff had us in a better room but being my mom she wanted a room right on the ocean, the staff accommodated us just to change us back to the original room once my mother realized the ocean front room would be too wet for her. Humidity in the air not great for someone with COPD. Thank you for being so understanding!
I had a great time at El Cid, have a great tan and great pictures of the sunset. What one person rates as a 4 star another person will rate it a 3. Read the front of the travel brochures and you will know how they came up with the ratings. If you expect more- then pay increased amounts of money to get it. This place is clean! If you don’t want to be bothered by aggressive venders, stay by the pools. Remember to tip; money makes the world go around!
• I should learn to speak Spanish (anybody travelling should learn instead of expecting some false sense of entitlement from those who are in their own country who can't speak English)
• Venders on the beach - OMG how do you say NO is Spanish?
• Time Share People - Still No
• The sunsets
• The friendly people. I would like to point out how great Angel with La Conchita snack bar was, this guy should get a reward, great to my mom. I found it endearing how he would always ask her if she was okay, once he even recommended that she move to more shade because she was starting to burn. How sweet is that?
• The rest of the staff. At one point when I was in the Elite lounge/office I asked the girl if she knew what the Country code for calling Canada was. She did not know but offered to let me use her cell phone to place a call. I didn't but was thrilled that she would make such a grand offer. The restaurants were sometimes overwhelming because of the attention they give you but great service, Hugo always remembered that my mom liked her Cola in a can and went upstairs to get it.
• The beach is clean and the waves are great for jumping.
• Sun and more sun.
• Get to know the guys on the beach. We talked with Adrian, the parasailing/banana boat guy and he was very friendly. My mom ended up going tandem parasailing and it was the thrill of her life time! Thanks guys!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of Mazatlan's Golden Zone with splendid views of the ocean, refined comforts, and warm, friendly service, El Cid Castilla Beach offers a delightful combination of sun and fun for all ages. Relax on our beautiful sandy beach as the Pacific laps at your toes, sip a refreshing beverage at one of our two connecting pools or enjoy a gorgeous sunset from your balcony as it melts on the horizon. Serving as a tropical oasis for unforgettable getaways, Castilla's vibrant location makes it the perfect retreat for entertainment seekers as it is just a few sandy steps away from the energetic nightlife, enjoyable shopping, and restaurants including Senor Frogs restaurant and disco on site. • Ideal for Friends and Families • European, All Inclusive and Elite All Inclusive Plans • Three restaurants with international cuisine • Kids Club (From 10am -10pm) • Teens Club (From 11am-7pm) • Theme night dinner buffets with live entertainment • Two expansive, connecting free form pool with swim up bar • Beach front property with aquatic center • Pronatours Tours Desk • WIFI Internet Access • El Cid Golf & Country Club, offering golf, tennis, spa, and fitness center • Only 18 miles from Mazatlan Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo and Despegar.com so you can book your El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel El Cid Castilla Beach
- El Cid Mazatlan
- El Cid Castilla Mazatlan