“perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel

You added El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel to your Saves list
El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Camaron Sabalo s/n, Mazatlan 82110, Mexico   |
Ranked #12 of 76 Hotels in Mazatlan
Princeton, Canada
“perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

We've travelled to Mexico several times but this was our first visit to El Cid Mazatlan.Can't say enough about how great all the staff were to us.The food at the resort was really good.We will return for sure.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2010
Dear rayseekers

Greetings from the Pearl of the Pacific!!!

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with the online community.

We are happy to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us and found all the staff and food of your satisfaction. I will make sure that your experience is shared with all of the hotel´s staff. I forwarded your comments about the food to the head of the Food and Beverage department.

All of us, will be anxious waiting for you for your next trip to Mazatlan.

Your friend,

Mark Covarrubias Mckay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

We stayed at the El Cid Castilla May 15th for one week. The staff was so friendly - and treated our children wonderful! It was the first trip my husband and I took our 2 1/2 yr old, and 7yr old daughters on a trip! I would definitely recommend this hotel for families, as there is a kids club, and plenty of pools to choose from. There was no limit on the al a carte restaurants - so we definitely got our value there as well! The resort is in a good location - some shops around, and the local taxi's are really cheap - as you can negotiate price before you get in. They had some trouble finding our reservation, and them upgraded our room for the approximately 20 minute inconvenience. Everyone at the resort was wonderful, always smiling, and very helpful :)

You also have access to the Marina, El Moro, Country Club, and Granada

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Dear SRNAlberta

I want to express mi thanks to you for sharing your experiences in El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel.

We are happy to read that you found our services and facilities to your satisfaction and had a pleasant visit; we appreciate your recognition to our efforts for not only meet, but to exceed our guest´s expectations.

It is nice to hear you were able to use the facilities of our four hotels, we are proud to offer a variety of fun options for all ages to ensure the guest´s experience is higly memorable.

I wish you visit us again in a near future; I would be very delighted to welcome you personally.

Best regards,

Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

We have just returned from El Cid, Mazatlan. I was a little concerned when reading some of the reviews but was very pleasantly surprised with the total package.
Check-in was a breeze, the room (0207) was very clean and spacious (overlooking the pool, with a view of the ocean), service was excellent, and the "all inclusive" restaurant options (Argentine, Italian, Mexican) were great with good food options.
We used the Buffet and the Mexican for breakfast and lunch options. Overall, the Buffet options were more than satisfactory except for the "Italy Night" on the Monday which was uninspired to say the least (The Italian Reastaurant was closed Monday).
If you are looking for a 'beach' holiday, we would not recommend ElCid. Not much of a beach - and inundated with 'beach vendors' and jelly fish (which sting) whilst we were there.
Our only real disappointment was the Noria Tour that we took. The front end of the trip to the Tequila factory was very interesting, but the back end of the tour to the town of Noria and the so called leather crafts was a huge let down. Just three or four run down stores making sandals at best. Certainly nothing to write home about - although the tour guide was good.
Our observation of El Cid Castilla was that it was a great place for 'kids' of all ages and we would certainly recommend it. We thought it excellent value for the money we paid.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2010
Dear jdw03

Thank you for taking the time to write your experience with us about El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel.

I´m truly delighted to read that you were surprised with the total package. It is nice to hear that you found our staff hospitable, a nice view of the room and appreciated the cleanliness of it, our housekeeping´s team make their best to keep all rooms very well clean.

Regarding our All Inclusive plan, we are proud of offer different dining options to satisfy the diverse preferences of our dear guests. Regarding the Italian buffet for dinner at La Pergola, I have shared your comments with our Food and Beverage team, we sincerely appreciate them, they help us to reinforce where is needed.

I´m disappointed that La Noria tour did not exceeded your expectations, I addressed your suggestions to the deparment involved, and rest assured that they will be analyzed.

On behalf of El Cid Resort´s staff, thanks again for your valuable review; we hope you give us the opportunity to serve you again.

Your friend,

General Manager.
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

I recently returned from a trip with my boyfriend, we are 22 and 20, where we stayed at the El Cid Castilla Resort from June 5 -12. We enjoyed both the resort and Mazatlan, though the resort is located on a busy main street you would never know from the inside of the resort or by the pool, it was as if you were in a seperate world. This resort is also good for all ages, we are young and we really enjoyed it, and there is a club right next door or a short cab ride away if your looking for nightlife, but it also seems good for all ages and families.

This resort was great, the staff was incredible, they really made the trip for me, the service was great anywhere you went, always very attentive and quick to help you or get you what you needed. Our favorite was Adrian from the Beach Club, so we would always go where ever he was serving and I highly recommend you find him if you decide to go here!! (Though I feel bad for the servers outside, their uniforms are with long pants in the hot weather!!! Shorts might be a nice idea, just a thought!).

As for the food I highly recommend making reservations at the al a carte restaurants, and if you can make your reservations for the whole week early on in your trip it would be beneficial since some places book up quite quickly, and the food is wonderful. These restaurants are very good and we much prefered it over the buffet, but we only ate there for one night, and for breakfast. The decor and location of the buffet didnt bother us as several other reviews had mentioned, and if you didnt enjoy it there is also an ocean side location with an incredible view which serves from 11am till dinner time every day, as well as an pool side bar that serves burgers and fries all day long.

The rooms were also really good, we stayed in a third pool view room, they are quite simple, and really all we needed. As we spent most of our days out by the pool or on the beach we didnt require a huge room with a lot of luxuries, it is perfect for this type of getaway vacation. We did have an issue the first night there with our AC unit leaking a lot of water from the ceiling, but we called down to the front desk and they came and repaired it very quickly, and even called to follow up with us the next day. The room was always very clean, and the maids did a wonderful job. As for the AC ours worked very well and we could adjust it to keep the room as cold as we needed to, but most of the time the fan was all we needed.

All in all we had an awesome trip! And I would HIGHLY reccomend this resort to anyone considering visiting this resort.

** Just on a side note, if your considering travelling to Mazatlan in the summer months we were told that by the begining of the July the temperature is very high (somewhere around 110 degrees and 100% humidity, our weather was around 30 degrees celsius well we were there **

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2010
Dear lindsayburnett

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments and share this review, it is really appreciated. On behalf of our staff and I personally, thanks for such a detail and beautiful review.

we are delighted to read that we met your expectations with the service, room, food. We are proud of having staff´s members so valuable such as Jesus, whom with pleasure are dedicated to serve to all of our guests as their deserve.

Our commitment is to work hard every day to offer high standars in service and accommodations. We know we are in a competitive market, for that reason we aim to excellence in every way, and our priority is not only satisfy their needs, it is exceed them. Accept my sincere apologize for the drawback suffered due to the a/c, it´s nice to read that it was attended immediately, as you could see, we take care of all the needs of guests.

We deeply appreciate your high recommendation to everyone; I personally wish you allow us to host you again in a future.

Kind and warm regards,

Mazatlan, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2010

Wow the fun we have had! From jumping off the "cliff" ...to the Deer island tour.. to Deep sea fishing.This place is great.We loved the nightly entertainment.The kids has so much fun at Kid's Club and my husband and I loved the kid free time.I would definitely recommend this place.The only thing that was a problem was the restaurant and bar not included in the all inclusive package.They were both located right beside the kid's pool with the jumping cliff and the water slide, which is were we spent all of our time.It would have been much easier if this close restaurant and bar were included.Thanks for a great time t El Cid and all the people of Mazatlan!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
sacramento.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2010

My girlfriend and I recently stayed at El Cid Castilla for 6 days.

This place was great. The staff was friendly and courteous from the moment we checked in until the time we left.
The front desk staff as well as the staff at the restaurants and bars made us feel comfortable and they showed they really care for their guests.

We did have a great experience and we can say that for our next vacation, we want to come back and stay here again. Additionally, I have shared the fantastic experience with friends.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 2, 2010
Dear emx099

Thank you for your kind words. At El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, we have worked very hard to deliver a great experience and are happy to read that yours was indeed great.

I´m delighted that you and your girlfriend found our staff very hospitable, we are proud of the efforts they make to delivery a service of excellence to each one of our guests.

Thank you again for share your experience with your friends, this is the best gift that our dear guests can give us.

On behalf of all our staff, we hope to serve you again in a near future.

Best regards,

Mark Covarrubias McKay
Calgary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2010

We had a wonderful time in Mazatlan. I have to say I love the location of the hotel. When we were in the back of the hotel, you wouldn't even know there was a busy city in front. However, we did enjoy walking down the street and talking to the friendly and personable people in the shops as well.
I thought the beach was very nice (not as nice as the Mayan side), but definitely had it's own beauty. You can go for long walks on the beach which I love.

The pool area was fantastic. Tons to do with the slide, cliff, volleyball, basketball and more. Great for all ages.

I thought the a la carte restaurants were very good and the staff absolutely wonderful. However, we were not very impressed with the buffet. Buffets in general tend to be bland, but I found it below average. I actually found the buffet area had a dark and dingy feel (not dirty though). Just because Mexico is so beautiful I would prefer the buffet with more windows so you can see the gorgeous weather and greenery. I kind of felt we were in a basement.

I liked the originality of the rooms. I understand what people have commented about the "70's style", but I thought it was only the style of the bed covers that gave it that look. (They just needed some turquoise blue accents to really make the rooms pop). So, I quite liked the rooms. The storage shelf for suitcases was fabulous.

I did not find the staff exceptional as other reviews had said. We do tip well and are friendly, but did not get great service in the buffet or around the pool. Because some of the reviewers comments raved about the staff I was a little let down about that. However, overall there were some nice people we met.

For the price we paid, I would definitely recommend. I would probably have done more breakfasts and lunches at the a la cartes.

Helpful Hints - If you have kids, bring your own boogie boards (they were only $9.00 at Walmart, and we left them there after as well as some other beach toys). We definitely got our use of them.

Go into town on the taxi golf cart. It was a lot of fun. Night time looked like a lot of fun downtown (even with kids). We noticed them setting up even more shopping booths as we were leaving in the evening. It would have been fun to stay.

The first few days we got pretty burned by the sun, so we went to a shopping mall ($6-8 cab ride), not far, and they had a fabulous arcade there. The kids loved it. You buy a card and then swipe it every time you play. I think a $25.00 card kept us going several hours for 4 people. Just dress cool, as it warmer than our malls (no airconditioning), but not too bad.

Overall I thought Mazatlan was wonderful, the people, the beaches and the whole experience was terrific.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 27, 2010
Dear CandyCalgary

Thank you for taking the time to write these words about your stay at El Cid Castilla. I am delighted that your stay was such a successful one. These comments help us as a staff and hotel to make our service even stronger in the future.

It is good to hear that you had such a wonderful experience in our hotel, to know that you are satisfied with the valued paid, and enjoyed the location, our beautiful pool, decor in rooms, activities, and food at our all-inclusive restaurants. We are proud to offer our guests a selection of quality food and the best service. I infinitely appreciate your suggestions about our restaurant buffet, your comments have been shared to the Food and Beverages Director.

I regret that you did not find our staff exceptional in buffet and pool areas as mostly it´s mentioned in reviews on Trip Advisor. I wish you give us a second chance to surprise you with the service delivery by our great staff.

I´m sure your tips will help to other travelers.

On behalf of all our staff and I personally want to thank you for your recommendation, we hope to serve you again in a near future and pamper you as you deserve.

Best regards