“great getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel

Save Saved
You added El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel to your Saves list
El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Camaron Sabalo s/n, Mazatlan 82110, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Great Sale: Up to 63% Off
Ranked #21 of 76 Hotels in Mazatlan
wisconsin
“great getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

this resort was very nice. the only down side was that the pools were completely blocked off from the beach. we prefer to be able to sit at the pool and look out over the ocean. room was nice and clean, beds comfortable, would have been nice to have 2 chairs on the balcony. food was great, and the nightly shows were fun to watch. most waiters at the pool were great.

Room Tip: we were on the 14th floor, view was great
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
GMELCID, Director General at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Dear ms911jb,

Thank you very much to let us know your review about our services in your past vacations. I felt so glad to know that we met all your expectations in room comfortable, funny shows, great waiters and facilities.

I hope to see you back soon; I know el Cid will be part of one more nice stay.

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

We had fun at El Cid, the rooms where nothing special but we didn't spend a lot of time there. the food was average, I recommend the breakfast. My favorite part of our stay was the night entertainment. Pools were nice,swim up bar. The beach was alright except for the merchants but that's to be expected. Over all for the price this is a fun place to stay, the service was good (we tipped well) it was spring break so there was a party atmosphere that was enjoyable.

Room Tip: get the all inclusive
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
GMELCID, Director General at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear Henrik426

Thank you for taking the time in writing about your recent stay. I am glad that overall you found your stay to be very accommodating, although I was a bit uneasy to hear that you felt like our food and rooms ran as average, we work hard to maintain our facilities looking as best they can and I’d like to inform you that we are working on renovation year round to insure that our rooms or in tip top shape I hope that in a future visit you are able to acknowledge these improvements , as far as the food I’m glad you brought this upon my attention so I can further discuss with the chef new ideas to better the food quality. I will defiantly congratulate my staff for the hard labor in being able to provided to you such great service, we hope you visit us again soon.

Best Regards,

Stillwater, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

I spent a week at this hotel in Feb. 2014. I booked a tour with Sun Country Airlines. It was one of the best vacations I have been on. The airline service was excellent. The land tour Pronatours was also great. All the staff at the hotel were helpful and did a great job. I was very impressed with the buffet. It was easy to eat healthy if you wanted to. I will be back next year.

Room Tip: The higher the better on a corner.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
GMELCID, Director General at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear Sawyerpk,

Wonderful words about a great place, I am glad to know that we met all your expectations and that we be part of one of your best vacations you have been on.
I am very happy to know that you enjoy our land tour with all the staff of Pronatours and also the staff of the hotel made their job making you feel served. I definetely will give them a mention for the great job they do day by day.

It is awesome to hear that you found our buffet with healthy food and variety and that all our work hard improving our menus choices for our guests have met your expectations.

I hope to see you back soon and not in a far future. I'm sure el Cid resorts will be part of one more great vacation.

Best Regards,

oakdale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

as pleased with the central location of The hotel. After looking at some out in emerald bay I'm very pleased we chose el cid, which is more centrally located. Be sure to get a room facing the ocean. The food in the Mexican restaurant was pretty good. The Argentinian was decent. Sushi really wasn't bad. The pool side snack bar was good. The buffet was pretty iffy but if you're going to Mexico for the good....well....don't. Be sure to make dinner reservations early each day or you'll be stuck in The buffet. The hotel had dome construction while we were there near the pool/ beach area. Really wasnt that big of a deal. It's important to note that not all el cid hotels are equal. The moro liked ok but the granada one was pretty dumpy from what we saw. No view, small pool, etc. castila beach was the best of The el cid. I'd go back!

• Stayed March 2014
GMELCID, Director General at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear, angiel826

Your recommendation are really appreciated we valued all your nice comments about our convenient location, nice beach and our services, your review will be of great help for the TripAdvisor readers to take a choice of which is the best option when they travel to Mazatlan.

It is so pleasant to read that the most to know what more you enjoyed our hotel was food and our variety of restaurants one more than others, be assured that we are making improvements in order to overcome any issues. As well we work with our hotel, we know that we are in a competitive market and always are working in improvements.

We deeply appreciate your positive review and comments and hope to have the chance to welcome you back for many years to come!

Kind regards,

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Service, food and atmosphere are all superb, very Mexican though so if that's not your thing (we love it) be warned. Didn't have a single bad server but poolside waiters Jaime, Roberto and Enrique, plus Adnan at lunch and Raul at the buffet were phenomenal - considerate, attentive and treated the kids like gold. Jesus at the Sushi club was a real treat as well, and Francisco Renteria is like an old friend. All the bar staff at the south pool are awesome. Smiles, tips and a little bit of Spanish always go a long way here - its our 7th year coming to Castilla and we'll be back again. Only disappointment is the disappearance of the beach volleyball court, was always a good time.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear, Trevor S

It’s very pleased to know that you enjoyed all that we and the area have to offer. ..we have worked hard to appreciate our guests and visiting El Cid Castilla should be like returning home.

I am glad to note that our friendly staff exceeded your expectations; it is rewarding to note that our focus on consistency and efficient service is welcome and we will review our approach in delivery and make the necessary adjustments to add more warmth.
You can expect the best in personalized service from the management, which takes great pains to make your vacation the best time of your life. I will make sure that the Food and beverage team hears your accolades! S

Again, thank you very much for your kind words and your loyalty. We appreciate it and the pleasure is all ours. We look forward to seeing you again!

Warm Regards,

Spokane, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

The hotel was vey clean and the staff at the main entrance were very attentive when we arrived, but then it went down hill from there. We checked into our room and soon discovered the beds were very hard (like sleeping on the floor) and the pillows were just as bad. We called the front desk on the next morning and asked if they could do something about the beds. Two days later they added a mattress pad. We went in search of the restaurant only to be told that it closed at 6 and we would have to go to the main buffet to eat or make reservations at the other restaurant. For being all inclusive it was very limiting. Our door lock would not work so we were locked out of room several times before they decided it needed to be replaced. I loved the beaches and the sun, but I would not go back to this resort. Poor customer service and limitations on when you can eat and where.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
GMELCID, Director General at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear, SherryC24

Thank you for taking the time in giving us a brief description on your aspect of our Resort. It´s great to hear that you found very clean hotel and the staff entrance was courteous, as well our good beaches and nice sun.

I am discontent that you did not have a quick response to your problems for part of our front desk when you had the problem with hard mattresses, likewise when you trying to use one of our restaurants and not have the proper information to use our all inclusive package. Your comment into consideration and for sure we going to do about this, I appreciate you bringing it to my attention.

I hope you keep coming back to give us a chance to change your first impression.
Good wishes,

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

The hotel was surprisingly good. If you want an authentic Mexican experience, go to Mazatlan. The people are good the food was good, the drug cartels were hospitable (kidding) the whole trip was incredible!
Would definitely go back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
GMELCID, Director General at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear, MikeParsons77

We want to thank you for your trust and let us part of your recent trip to Mazatlan; we feel honored such in among options you choosing El Cid Castilla.

I’m glad to read that you experienced was on your expectations and you will back soon to Mazatlan! We sincerely hope to be the hotel of your choice.

My best,
General Manager.

Been to El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!