“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Expedia.com Orbitz.com
El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Camaron Sabalo s/n, Mazatlan 82110, Mexico   |
Ranked #11 of 72 hotels in Mazatlan
Spokane, Washington
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The hotel was vey clean and the staff at the main entrance were very attentive when we arrived, but then it went down hill from there. We checked into our room and soon discovered the beds were very hard (like sleeping on the floor) and the pillows were just as bad. We called the front desk on the next morning and asked if they could do something about the beds. Two days later they added a mattress pad. We went in search of the restaurant only to be told that it closed at 6 and we would have to go to the main buffet to eat or make reservations at the other restaurant. For being all inclusive it was very limiting. Our door lock would not work so we were locked out of room several times before they decided it needed to be replaced. I loved the beaches and the sun, but I would not go back to this resort. Poor customer service and limitations on when you can eat and where.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

1,285 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The hotel was surprisingly good. If you want an authentic Mexican experience, go to Mazatlan. The people are good the food was good, the drug cartels were hospitable (kidding) the whole trip was incredible!
Would definitely go back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
GMELCID, Director General at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear, MikeParsons77

We want to thank you for your trust and let us part of your recent trip to Mazatlan; we feel honored such in among options you choosing El Cid Castilla.

I’m glad to read that you experienced was on your expectations and you will back soon to Mazatlan! We sincerely hope to be the hotel of your choice.

My best,
Granville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Our stay at El CID was incredible. The staff was great. We were especially impressed with service by Rosalie our room attendant, La Concha waiters at breakfast and lunch Jesus and his partner Armando along with captain Guilermo, dinner waiters Josue Romero and Jonathan Lerma and Sergio Roho at the Club Grill. The waiters have a good understanding of English and provide excellent service. Also hats off to security guard Julio Cesar Hernandez Contreras for helping through the Spanish to get minutes on our phone. We love El CID Mazatlan and will be back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
GMELCID, Director General at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear, Carol J

Thank you so much for your more than positive review! We strive to make every guests stay as comfortable as possible and I'm excited that we were able to exceed your expectations in this area.

I really want to thank you for your special thanks to Guillermo, Armando, Josue Romero, Jonathan Lerma, Sergio, Roho, Julio Cesar Hernandez and Jesus. We are proud of the positive team service, and certainly proud in the overall El Cid experience. Our staff strives to be the best and to make you feel right at home with genuine hospitality.

As we wait for your quick return, we hope you contact us should you feel we can make it a better stay for you…and please, return as soon as you can!

Drayton Valley, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The staff here were absolutely incredible! Everyone was always happy to see us, and pretty much catered to our every need. By about the third day that we were there, one of the ladies greeting us at the door at La Pergola had pretty much memorized where we liked to sit, what our names were and if we went down in pairs instead of our regular group of 6, she knew automatically how many there were of us and was always quick to say "You're friends are right over here!" and would guide us there! I wish I had grabbed her name, because she was just great. The food was phenomenal, at the buffet and at all the restaurants across the resort. The food and drink bars located at the pools were also great, but we often ended up just getting out of the pool to get our drinks because nobody would come to us at the swim-up parts. Speaking of the pools, the girls that I was with and myself, give a huge shoutout to Hans and Frank who were always kind and inclusive and made sure that we always had something to do. They made the trip really fun, and were very personable. We looked forward to seeing them everyday and the activities that they carried out were always fun and got everyone involved. They even found us at the restaurant and would talk to us and ask us how our day was and such. A+ to them. Our room was amazing, facing the ocean! And them cleaning staff always made sure we had enough towels and facecloths, everyday we would come back up and everything was cleaned up nicely. Overall, our trip was one of the best that I have been on and I look forward to coming back soon!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Courtney,

First of all I will like to say thanks, for choosing us like the best choice for your destination on your group trip to Mazatlan; I just can't explain you how wonderful is to hear that we met all your expectations and that you will come back in not a far future.

I'm very happy to know that our waiters, maid staff and activities staff were always very kind and helpful in all your needs. And that they made that your vacation were more enjoyable and fun.
I will let them know your good comments about them; I know they'll be more than happy to hear about you.

I hope you don't doubt in come back with your group in your next trip and let us be part of your vacations.

Kind Regards,

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I booked the last week of March 2014 at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel in Mazatlan (all inclusive). We have been elsewhere in Mexico and this was our first time in Mazatlán. We booked a month ahead and paid a little extra for an ocean view room. I have to say that my wife was little skeptical about Mazatlán since just a month ago the world's most wanted drug lord was nabbed in in a condominium in the city. Well this trip turned out to be the best vacation we ever had in Mexico. The city and the resort by far exceeded our expectations. Except for the timeshare people in the lobby who were kind of annoying the first day, there is absolutely nothing negative we could say about this hotel. The staff was extremely nice, friendly and very helpful. They always greet you with a smile and they were always ready to help. Although the hotel is little bit old, we got a large clean room on the 8th floor. The ocean view was amazing, we always left the balcony door open and could sleep and wake up to the sound of the ocean waves. The beach was very nice, we spent most of our days laying in the sun and taking long walks. There were a lot of vendors and it was little bit annoying to say no hundred times a day especially if you were trying to read a book or simply relax on the beach. But we must say that they were not rude and they were all very nice, some of them even smiled and thanked us after we said no. The service at the pool-side bar was great. If you tip well (and we do tip a lot), the waiters are always happy to see you, they even remember your drinks and check on you regularly to make sure that you are well hydrated. The food at the buffet was average to good depending on the day of the week. Our waiter Ceasar (whom we gratefully thank) was extremely nice and rush always to greet us at the door of the ‘Pergola’ restaurant. He always served us with a big smile and made sure we had anything we needed.
The restaurant service was excellent, among the three restaurants we found that the food at the Italian and especially the Argentine restaurant (EL Patio) was the best. At the EL Patio restaurant, our waiter Julian was extremely nice and had a good sense of humor. The wine was exceptionally good and the waiters made you always feel good and welcome. After the dinner they would tell to take you time and enjoyed as much wine as you want which we gratefully did on few occasions.
We will definitely come back to this hotel but next time we will not do all inclusive as we found out that they were many good restaurants around also the town of mazatlan is simply fabulous!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Elkhalidy,

I will like to say that I am very happy to hear that for you and your wife, we are now your Best Vacation ever in Mexico. I have no words to thank for your awesome review about us and our service.

Our staff is always smiling and giving their best service and help to our guest because they are the most important for us. And knowing that we met all your expectations help us to continue giving our best and improve each by day for you.
We will wait to see you back soon, in not a far future. I know we will give you our best service again and be part of one more awesome vacation in Mexico.

BERKELEY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My stay got off to a bad start after waiting in line for 45 minutes to check-in only to be told I had to check in somewhere else! The main front desk was understaffed but for some reason there were 3 guys standing around behind the desk doing nothing and when asked said they couldn't help. Then went to "Club Elite" to check in and had to sign for a tv remote, lock for the safe, towel card, some form promising i wouldn't bring food into the room, and then one tried to explain the all-inclusive--no, no don't go to this restaurant, can't use it at this one. I asked about coffee in the room, no you have to pay for that, no free water, oh and internet is $100 pesos per day and you have to pay in advance. I don't believe they know what all-inclusive means. Got down to the pool next to my room and was told I could only get food at the other pool. I ordered a drink and the guy says "sorry we close at 6 but it was 10 minutes before 6. So I had to walk to the lobby and get a watered down drink there, the bar drinks were awful, there was very little alcohol. The food was pretty bad except for the breakfast buffet which had lots of fresh fruit and an omelet bar.Not sure what the appeal of this place is, to me it seemed tacky and seedy but I suppose it's cheap.
The beach scene was very annoying with a parade of vendors hawking their stuff and invading your space. There is a roped off area that meant nothing as the vendors would shove their jewelry and stuff very close. I dozed off only to be awakened by a guy holding the reins of 2 horses and yelling "Lady you want to ride on the beach!" Ugh.....
The best thing about this tacky rundown hotel was the oceanfront rooms, wonderful. I could hear the crashing waves all night. The room soundproofing was pretty good, I never heard my neighbors and on one side I had a family with at least 8 people in the room. I would likely never return to this resort.

Room Tip: get an oceanfront room
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear, CalifWilm...

Thank you for taking the time to express your sincere thoughts on your recent stay although it saddens me to hear your stay was not pleasant due to miss lead information I thank you for bringing this constructive criticism to my attention as it give us an opportunity to better our service . I apologies for your check in to have been a little bit behind and id like to add that we have another type of all inclusive we have the all inclusive elite which I believe will be better suited for you because with this elite package it includes room service and it also includes golf tennis, not to mention you can also go and enjoy our other resort in Marina. I will definitely re address my security team the precautions needed to be taken when it comes to keeping vendors to give peace to our guest. I hope you will reconsider us in a near future and give us a second opportunity in make up for this not so great stay.

Warm Greetings

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

we just got back from a large family trip to the el cid castilla resort. our group was about 90 strong and overall i feel this resort did a great job hosting us. the staff and service all over was awesome and the pools were great. the kids loved the jumping rock and the waterslide. the park was also a big hit and a gathering place at night for us. we enjoyed the ocean side buffet and the al a carte restaurants were all decent. we all enjoyed the poolside activites and nightly entertainment. overall it was great. lots to do and plenty to drink.

if i was to give one negative it was that when we arrived, it was a little bid disorganized in the lobby as well as when we checked out. i do realize we were a large group. aside from a few small hiccups everything went very smooth and i would not be hesitant to stay their again when going to mazatlan.

thank you for the wonderful memories.

i forgot to mention the excellent crispy bacon at breakfast.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear, Terry W

First & foremost, I want to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. All of our guest observations and concerns are very important to us since it is the best source of information to improve our services and facilities. We are glad to read that your stay with us was great! We take pride in the training our employee receives. They typically respond to guests courteously, professionally & with empathy and they strive for excellence 100% of the time…we tell them to move heaven and earth to satisfy a customer

I regret your experience with the check in and out; I leave your concerns to the front desk manager and share with our department to make the necessary change to be more efficient during our registrations.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel. I will be eagerly waiting for your next visit to Mazatlan!

General Manager.

Been to El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!