“Best Deal Around” 5 of 5 stars
Review of El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel

You added El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel to your Saves list
El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Camaron Sabalo s/n, Mazatlan 82110, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 50% Off
Ranked #16 of 76 Hotels in Mazatlan
Valemount, Canada
“Best Deal Around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Awesome staff, Great food. It is an older hotel so the pools and rooms are not super modern but are still great. The staff seem to be treated with dignity and are amazing. Rooms were cleaned early and we left valuables out by accident all the time and did not have a problem. The only regret I have is not going to watch the staff play baseball against another resort team. We will go back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear: jderk

Thank you for your positive review, we were very pleased to note that you enjoyed your rooms, pools great food and I’m proud to know about the courteous and honest staff.

We look forward to having you with us once again and going to us to watch one of the baseball games.

My best,

Salvatore Sanchez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Rutledge, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

We enjoyed our first trip to Mazatlan' and our stay at the El Cid Castilla. We were there in Feb. 2013. I was going to write a review when we returned, but I left my wedding band in the room safe and wanted to see if it would be returned so I could include that information in my review. They did return my ring after some e-mails with the staff. I then got busy and am just now getting to a review.

We booked our trip with vacations to go and that went smoothly. The things that we liked about the El Cid and Mazatlan included
1) the resort was in a good location.
2) the staff were very friendly and helpful (esp. beach waiters) a couple of $ really goes a long way.
3) easy to get transportation around town.
4) the food was pretty good at most on site restaurants (we had the all inclusive plan).

The things we did not like about the El Cid and Mazatlan included
1) ALL THE BEACH VENDORS (constant all day long on the beach) but we did buy a few items(lol)
2) There was not enough ice available!
3) It is quite a bit cooler on the pacific (in Feb.) side than we are used to on the caribean side. The water is chilly.
4) The water would always go back and forth from hot to cold and not stay comfortable while in the shower.

We usually go to a different place each vacation. A trend I hope to continue. We prefer the caribean over the pacific in Feb. do to the better temps. We did enjoy Mazatlan and the El Cid and would recommend considering it when planning a trip. It was the best value we found when we booked just a couple of weeks or so before we traveled.

Room Tip: Request a floor with an ice chest if that is important to You.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Dear: Tshooperbluff

First and foremost I want to thank you for in among options and in your first time at Mazatlan you choose El Cid Castilla for have your vacations.

I really appreciated your recommendation to the follows of TripAdvisor, I’m so happy to read that you have your ring back to you, as well for remark the most relevant points of your stay and mention the pros and cons.

Unfortunately cons have to do with the weather which cannot change, but this is not a problem because we have pools heater, hot shower, actually the weather in Mazatlan is not cold and during the day you can enjoy a beautiful and warm sun.

We sincerely hope to decide return to the Pacific coast, of course El Cid Resort and our beautiful port of Mazatlan.

Warm greetings,

Chula Vista, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I booked this deal online for $80 a night. First time here, did not expect much, but the hotel overall was very clean and very nice pool! But next time I will just show up and get one of the $30 buck hotels all over Mazatlan!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear: Sajahi

I want to start by thanking for you 4-star review, I’m happy to read that you found a clean and comfortable hotel, as well that you enjoyed our nice pool.

I regret that the rate are not on your expectations but this is caused by several factors such as depending on the time you took advance booking, the hotel package you chose, the room type, number of people are and others. We have many options and all of this meets the needs of our customers; we always look for an alternative to make more comfortable your stay.

We hope to have a second chance to give you a warm welcome.

Cordially,

Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We really enjoyed our vacation at El Castilla, the activity team are great people, make it very fun to be at, we danced, played games, exercised, played volleyball, bingo, won shirts, it was awesome. Thank you Enrike, Ruben, Mario, Luis, Arturo (we enjoyed the shows every night, just wouldn't be the same without your enthusiasm) everyone is so nice, professional, customer service oriented! I felt like a queen.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear: Dianamarti

We want to thank you for the nice words you bring it to us. I´m happy to read that you are able to enjoy your vacation and the activities staff makes the best of them to give you pleasant stay.

I will share your comments to Enrique, Ruben, Mario, Luis, Arturo I’m proud to having them working to us.

We look forward to having you with us again in a not too distant future.

Greetings!

Lima, Peru
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel a couple of weeks ago for an event. I really loved the location (in front of the beach). Take note that the beach is public and that there are a lot of people selling their things to the tourists. When I went there were 3 events at the same time, but the hotel never felt crowded.
It was very nice and quiet (except for the vendors at the beach). The view from my room was amazing.
Regarding the food, don't expect to have an amazing meal. At breakfast the buffet was complete. For dinner I chose 3 restaurants: the argentinian (meat), the mexican and the italian. The worst was the italian. The titles of the meals sounded very gourmet, until you receive your dish. Nothing special. The best for me was the argentinian. The meat was very good. I have to say that the mexican was not bad, except for the churros that were terrible (I went with a mexican friend and he also disliked the dessert)......

Room Tip: Ask for a room with beach view. The sunsets are amazing.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Dear: LiDenise

Thank you for pointing out your pros and cons about our hotel thus helping us acknowledge which areas need to improve. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our location over looking Mazatlan’s wonderful scenery of the ocean and we admire that you felt well attended for that is what we always strive for. Pertaining to the food I am uneasy to hear that is was not the best you can be certain that this will be something that will be fixed immediately I will have a discussion with my food and beverage department to come up with ways we can improve this area,

Thank you for bring it to my attention and I hope in a future visit you will able to see our hard efforts.

Best Regards,

Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in Dec 2012. When we were at the beach the maid came in to clean our room. Money and a Ring (silver and gem stone) were stolen. We called security and they ran a check on who had accessed our room though the electronic key tag log. Then they said they would handle it. The next day I went to the security office to ask for a follow-up and was told nothing would be done, they had asked the maid about it and she denied it and that was that. I said um no that most certainly is not the end of it. I made them change our room and ensure that particular maid would not be accessing our room again.

They sell time shares at this hotel. We were not interested in the timeshares. I told them that upon arrival.... after traveling all day all I wanted was a shower and some decent food. The next morning the staff was watching for us to come out of our room and go to the restaraunt for breakfast. They intercepted us in the lobby and let it slip that they had been watching for us to set up a time to discuss the timeshares....even though I had already said NO. They basically stalk and harrass their patrons into going to their stupid timeshare presentation and will not take no for an answer!

The hotel also messed up our transportation back to the airport by confusing which hotel we were to be picked up at. They told us the bus would be at the Granada Hotel, then they sent it to the Castilla hotel. By the time we got it sorted out....we had to take a cab back to the airport even though we had paid for the transport to and from the hotel when we purchased our vacation package.

It was beautiful, I Love Mazatlan..... but the staff at this particular hotel is useless. This year we decided to go to Cuba instead.....

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear: Corilynn

I would like you to know how very sorry we are to hear that you had a disappointing vacation, my management team has reviewed the details you shared and we would appreciate discussing this with you further as the situation you described is highly unusual.

We personally checked the files from last December with the security department to see how we dealt with the items you recently wrote about. I am sorry that we have nothing further to report with regards to the loss of your personal items. As many hotels offer today, we strongly encourage the use of our inhouse safe for the safety of our guests’ valuables.

In regards to your pick up back to the airport, we are looking at the reservation you made to see what exactly was the problem. I also shared your comments with the Director of our Vacations Club so he can take the appropriate action with his timeshare staff and tell them again the importance of approaching a guest and respecting their vacation.

We work hard as a team to provide the best service to each of our customers and I’m sincerely sorry to read that you did not experience this. Again, I send you my sincere apologies and we sincerely hope to have the opportunity to serve you once again, I can assure you that your experience will be different.

My best,

Medicine Hat, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

we have visited the El Cid Castilla many times over the past few years. Each return visit is better than the one before. Staff are very customer service driven. They leave you feeling happy and completely satisified. My last visit was December 26,2012 to January 5, 2013.
The buffet food was above average, and the resturants were above average as well.
The pool area is wonderful with lots of planned activies for everyone. The beach is amazing! I love the ocean, The waves crashing on the shore there is no sound more pleasing to my ears! I always get a room beach front on the second or third floor just so I can hear that beautiful ocean as I sleep.
I have already booked my return for January 2014 will be traveling with my husband and 11 year old daughter! I am hoping that I will be able to get a beach front room again with a king size bed and a pull out couch for my daughter to sleep on. I am not fond of the rooms with the 2 double beds as they are little cramped with 2 adults sleeping.
Some reviews complain about the beach vendors, Not me I love them! they take time to chat with you telling you about their beautiful city and life in mexico. when you go to stay at this resort take the time to go to the beach there is a very friendly little old man who collects cans, he will walk the beach and howl like a wolf (his trade mark) He is by far the most interesting most friendly man I have ever met! when we return every year he remembers our names, where we are from and when we were last in mazatland.
Staff at El Cid Castella, We are counting the days until we return See you soon and keep up the great job!
To the bad reviews that are posted, Mexico is what you make it. We go to mexico to relax, to enjoy beautiful weather and reconnect with family and friends. This resort will give you all of that and more!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear: sandrahamel

Thank you for your feedback, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at El Cid Castilla and even more to know that our customer services meet your expectations. We will provide your comments in follow up with our team to ensure that everyone knows about their great job.

It is really nice to read about the positive experiences you have had with our service food, restaurants, pools and rooms. Your feedback will be shared with the service team. We try to select the best products for our guests and include healthy and local products.

Please do contact me in advance if you are planning to come back to Mazatlan, I will be pleased to welcome you personally at El Cid Castilla beach Hotel!

Salvatore Sanchez

Been to El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!