“Activity Team at El Cid Castilla” 5 of 5 stars
Review of El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel

You added El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel to your Saves list
El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Camaron Sabalo s/n, Mazatlan 82110, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Up to 50% Off
Ranked #15 of 76 Hotels in Mazatlan
Dallas
“Activity Team at El Cid Castilla”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We really enjoyed our vacation at El Castilla, the activity team are great people, make it very fun to be at, we danced, played games, exercised, played volleyball, bingo, won shirts, it was awesome. Thank you Enrike, Ruben, Mario, Luis, Arturo (we enjoyed the shows every night, just wouldn't be the same without your enthusiasm) everyone is so nice, professional, customer service oriented! I felt like a queen.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear: Dianamarti

We want to thank you for the nice words you bring it to us. I´m happy to read that you are able to enjoy your vacation and the activities staff makes the best of them to give you pleasant stay.

I will share your comments to Enrique, Ruben, Mario, Luis, Arturo I’m proud to having them working to us.

We look forward to having you with us again in a not too distant future.

Greetings!

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Lima, Peru
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel a couple of weeks ago for an event. I really loved the location (in front of the beach). Take note that the beach is public and that there are a lot of people selling their things to the tourists. When I went there were 3 events at the same time, but the hotel never felt crowded.
It was very nice and quiet (except for the vendors at the beach). The view from my room was amazing.
Regarding the food, don't expect to have an amazing meal. At breakfast the buffet was complete. For dinner I chose 3 restaurants: the argentinian (meat), the mexican and the italian. The worst was the italian. The titles of the meals sounded very gourmet, until you receive your dish. Nothing special. The best for me was the argentinian. The meat was very good. I have to say that the mexican was not bad, except for the churros that were terrible (I went with a mexican friend and he also disliked the dessert)......

Room Tip: Ask for a room with beach view. The sunsets are amazing.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Dear: LiDenise

Thank you for pointing out your pros and cons about our hotel thus helping us acknowledge which areas need to improve. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our location over looking Mazatlan’s wonderful scenery of the ocean and we admire that you felt well attended for that is what we always strive for. Pertaining to the food I am uneasy to hear that is was not the best you can be certain that this will be something that will be fixed immediately I will have a discussion with my food and beverage department to come up with ways we can improve this area,

Thank you for bring it to my attention and I hope in a future visit you will able to see our hard efforts.

Best Regards,

Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in Dec 2012. When we were at the beach the maid came in to clean our room. Money and a Ring (silver and gem stone) were stolen. We called security and they ran a check on who had accessed our room though the electronic key tag log. Then they said they would handle it. The next day I went to the security office to ask for a follow-up and was told nothing would be done, they had asked the maid about it and she denied it and that was that. I said um no that most certainly is not the end of it. I made them change our room and ensure that particular maid would not be accessing our room again.

They sell time shares at this hotel. We were not interested in the timeshares. I told them that upon arrival.... after traveling all day all I wanted was a shower and some decent food. The next morning the staff was watching for us to come out of our room and go to the restaraunt for breakfast. They intercepted us in the lobby and let it slip that they had been watching for us to set up a time to discuss the timeshares....even though I had already said NO. They basically stalk and harrass their patrons into going to their stupid timeshare presentation and will not take no for an answer!

The hotel also messed up our transportation back to the airport by confusing which hotel we were to be picked up at. They told us the bus would be at the Granada Hotel, then they sent it to the Castilla hotel. By the time we got it sorted out....we had to take a cab back to the airport even though we had paid for the transport to and from the hotel when we purchased our vacation package.

It was beautiful, I Love Mazatlan..... but the staff at this particular hotel is useless. This year we decided to go to Cuba instead.....

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear: Corilynn

I would like you to know how very sorry we are to hear that you had a disappointing vacation, my management team has reviewed the details you shared and we would appreciate discussing this with you further as the situation you described is highly unusual.

We personally checked the files from last December with the security department to see how we dealt with the items you recently wrote about. I am sorry that we have nothing further to report with regards to the loss of your personal items. As many hotels offer today, we strongly encourage the use of our inhouse safe for the safety of our guests’ valuables.

In regards to your pick up back to the airport, we are looking at the reservation you made to see what exactly was the problem. I also shared your comments with the Director of our Vacations Club so he can take the appropriate action with his timeshare staff and tell them again the importance of approaching a guest and respecting their vacation.

We work hard as a team to provide the best service to each of our customers and I’m sincerely sorry to read that you did not experience this. Again, I send you my sincere apologies and we sincerely hope to have the opportunity to serve you once again, I can assure you that your experience will be different.

My best,

Medicine Hat, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

we have visited the El Cid Castilla many times over the past few years. Each return visit is better than the one before. Staff are very customer service driven. They leave you feeling happy and completely satisified. My last visit was December 26,2012 to January 5, 2013.
The buffet food was above average, and the resturants were above average as well.
The pool area is wonderful with lots of planned activies for everyone. The beach is amazing! I love the ocean, The waves crashing on the shore there is no sound more pleasing to my ears! I always get a room beach front on the second or third floor just so I can hear that beautiful ocean as I sleep.
I have already booked my return for January 2014 will be traveling with my husband and 11 year old daughter! I am hoping that I will be able to get a beach front room again with a king size bed and a pull out couch for my daughter to sleep on. I am not fond of the rooms with the 2 double beds as they are little cramped with 2 adults sleeping.
Some reviews complain about the beach vendors, Not me I love them! they take time to chat with you telling you about their beautiful city and life in mexico. when you go to stay at this resort take the time to go to the beach there is a very friendly little old man who collects cans, he will walk the beach and howl like a wolf (his trade mark) He is by far the most interesting most friendly man I have ever met! when we return every year he remembers our names, where we are from and when we were last in mazatland.
Staff at El Cid Castella, We are counting the days until we return See you soon and keep up the great job!
To the bad reviews that are posted, Mexico is what you make it. We go to mexico to relax, to enjoy beautiful weather and reconnect with family and friends. This resort will give you all of that and more!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear: sandrahamel

Thank you for your feedback, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at El Cid Castilla and even more to know that our customer services meet your expectations. We will provide your comments in follow up with our team to ensure that everyone knows about their great job.

It is really nice to read about the positive experiences you have had with our service food, restaurants, pools and rooms. Your feedback will be shared with the service team. We try to select the best products for our guests and include healthy and local products.

Please do contact me in advance if you are planning to come back to Mazatlan, I will be pleased to welcome you personally at El Cid Castilla beach Hotel!

Rosedale, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Booked there last Xmas , nice clean friendly hotel , food is pretty good with lots of choices and variety, but I have to say the maids where very noisy every morning outside the room. I guess a better location is in order next time. I think it would be nice to have the option to have a small fridge in your room because I would like to book again for 14 nights. The location is awesome , easy to get around to lots of great bars and resturants. Lots of good little pubs to stop into when you walk along the beach. Vendors are very agressive and the security really doesnt stop them from bugging you inside the roped off area. Looking forward to going back.

Room Tip: Not near a maids storage room!! They are very noisey in the morning
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear LoriStett

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and letting us know about your recent experience. I apologies for the disruption of the maids, I would have liked to be of assistance to you and been able to have fixed this problem in any future visits please feel free to let us know if there is an inconvenience to anyone of our workers for this is a situation we could of fixed immediately to make your stay more accommodating. You previously mentioned that you would like a small fridge in your room then I think El Cid Moro might be the one you’re looking for El Cid Moro offers rooms with full as well as half kitchens which you might find to your liking. There is much to do here in Mazatlan never a dull moment it sounds like you had a great time exploring. I’m concerned to hear that our security weren’t doing anything in regards to the vendors your comment is being taking to the upmost seriousness and I can assure you I will talk to my staff. I am glad to hear that you will come back in a near future it would be an honor to be able to host you once more I can assure you, you will see changes.

Salvatore Sanchez,
Twin Falls, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

The staff made this trip to Mazatlan great! We booked the Cid Saver all inclusive with an ocean view room. This was a friends vacation for our birthdays. This is an older resort that needs some upgrades but the check in was fast and the room was clean. The Pro's and Con's

Pro's:
-The Staff!
-Pool was clean with plenty of sun and shade.
-Two of the restaurants La Cascada and El Alcazar.
-Kid friendly.
-Air conditioning worked great!

Con's:
-Very kid friendly (there were a lot of kids, con if you want a kid free vacation)
-This is not a typical all-inclusive. There are restaurants that are sometimes included and sometimes not. You have to pick up a paper every day at reception to see where you can eat.
-They allow conferences. There were a lot of people here! recommend asking if there is a conference before you book your vacation.
-The food was okay at the buffet restaurants.
-Can be very loud at night with music and people partying. (could be a pro)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear: guf57

Dear guf 57
Thank you for taking the time to give us your honest feedback, we are always open to hear in ways we can better improve our service. I appreciate your kind remarks in regards to our staff and restaurants I am glad they were able to fit your standards and you were able to enjoy some of our fine cuisines. Yes Castilla is known to be the most kid friendly out of the 4 hotels we have due to the fact that the beach happens to be near as well as the kids club, If you’re looking for a more calm soothing place I’d like to invite you to come and give El Cid Granada or better yet El Cid Marina these two hotels happen to be our more calm and tranquil ones I can assure you you’ll see a big difference. It is unfortunate that you happened to find flaws in our hotel however if I may I would just like to touch on a few things you previously mentioned. Firstly I’d like to add that we have 2 type of all inclusive one being the normal all inclusive and the other being all inclusive Elite , the all inclusive Elite gives you access to more of the restaurants for example La Concha as well and El Cid Marinas restaurant, and you also have room service. Yes it is correct we have a paper know as the El cid news which we have daily every day in reception to help others know about our daily activities but you can also call customer service at any time so they can give you the proper information there is no need to walk to reception every day but it is just something we do to make things a bit more helpful. We have token all your comments into consideration and we once again thank you for choosing us to be hosting your vacation. We hope you come and visit us again soon!

Best regards,

Kelso, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

El Cid El Moro, El Cid Castilla,
El Cid Granada have got to be the best in Mexico! They Help is outstanding..the Manager Mr. Salvatore Sanchez is the most helpful accommodating Manager that we have ever experienced! Jeff and I can hardly wait for our next visit in 2014!

• Stayed February 2013
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear Kelly and Jeff K,

I’m so ecstatic to not only hear such generous remarks about our hotels but also flattered to hear your delighting comments about myself I’m glad I was able to personally interact with one another and be of assistance please don’t hesitate in contacting me for any future visit it would be my pleasure to help you in any way possible !

Salvatore Sánchez
General Manager.

Been to El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!