“El Cid Castilla” 4 of 5 stars
Review of El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel

Save Saved
You added El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel to your Saves list
El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Camaron Sabalo s/n, Mazatlan 82110, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Great Sale: Up to 63% Off
Ranked #16 of 75 hotels in Mazatlan
Stettler, Canada
“El Cid Castilla”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Booked there last Xmas , nice clean friendly hotel , food is pretty good with lots of choices and variety, but I have to say the maids where very noisy every morning outside the room. I guess a better location is in order next time. I think it would be nice to have the option to have a small fridge in your room because I would like to book again for 14 nights. The location is awesome , easy to get around to lots of great bars and resturants. Lots of good little pubs to stop into when you walk along the beach. Vendors are very agressive and the security really doesnt stop them from bugging you inside the roped off area. Looking forward to going back.

Room Tip: Not near a maids storage room!! They are very noisey in the morning
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear LoriStett

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and letting us know about your recent experience. I apologies for the disruption of the maids, I would have liked to be of assistance to you and been able to have fixed this problem in any future visits please feel free to let us know if there is an inconvenience to anyone of our workers for this is a situation we could of fixed immediately to make your stay more accommodating. You previously mentioned that you would like a small fridge in your room then I think El Cid Moro might be the one you’re looking for El Cid Moro offers rooms with full as well as half kitchens which you might find to your liking. There is much to do here in Mazatlan never a dull moment it sounds like you had a great time exploring. I’m concerned to hear that our security weren’t doing anything in regards to the vendors your comment is being taking to the upmost seriousness and I can assure you I will talk to my staff. I am glad to hear that you will come back in a near future it would be an honor to be able to host you once more I can assure you, you will see changes.

Salvatore Sanchez,

1,334 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Twin Falls, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

The staff made this trip to Mazatlan great! We booked the Cid Saver all inclusive with an ocean view room. This was a friends vacation for our birthdays. This is an older resort that needs some upgrades but the check in was fast and the room was clean. The Pro's and Con's

Pro's:
-The Staff!
-Pool was clean with plenty of sun and shade.
-Two of the restaurants La Cascada and El Alcazar.
-Kid friendly.
-Air conditioning worked great!

Con's:
-Very kid friendly (there were a lot of kids, con if you want a kid free vacation)
-This is not a typical all-inclusive. There are restaurants that are sometimes included and sometimes not. You have to pick up a paper every day at reception to see where you can eat.
-They allow conferences. There were a lot of people here! recommend asking if there is a conference before you book your vacation.
-The food was okay at the buffet restaurants.
-Can be very loud at night with music and people partying. (could be a pro)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear: guf57

Dear guf 57
Thank you for taking the time to give us your honest feedback, we are always open to hear in ways we can better improve our service. I appreciate your kind remarks in regards to our staff and restaurants I am glad they were able to fit your standards and you were able to enjoy some of our fine cuisines. Yes Castilla is known to be the most kid friendly out of the 4 hotels we have due to the fact that the beach happens to be near as well as the kids club, If you’re looking for a more calm soothing place I’d like to invite you to come and give El Cid Granada or better yet El Cid Marina these two hotels happen to be our more calm and tranquil ones I can assure you you’ll see a big difference. It is unfortunate that you happened to find flaws in our hotel however if I may I would just like to touch on a few things you previously mentioned. Firstly I’d like to add that we have 2 type of all inclusive one being the normal all inclusive and the other being all inclusive Elite , the all inclusive Elite gives you access to more of the restaurants for example La Concha as well and El Cid Marinas restaurant, and you also have room service. Yes it is correct we have a paper know as the El cid news which we have daily every day in reception to help others know about our daily activities but you can also call customer service at any time so they can give you the proper information there is no need to walk to reception every day but it is just something we do to make things a bit more helpful. We have token all your comments into consideration and we once again thank you for choosing us to be hosting your vacation. We hope you come and visit us again soon!

Kelso, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

El Cid El Moro, El Cid Castilla,
El Cid Granada have got to be the best in Mexico! They Help is outstanding..the Manager Mr. Salvatore Sanchez is the most helpful accommodating Manager that we have ever experienced! Jeff and I can hardly wait for our next visit in 2014!

• Stayed February 2013
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear Kelly and Jeff K,

I’m so ecstatic to not only hear such generous remarks about our hotels but also flattered to hear your delighting comments about myself I’m glad I was able to personally interact with one another and be of assistance please don’t hesitate in contacting me for any future visit it would be my pleasure to help you in any way possible !

Salvatore Sánchez
General Manager.
Burnaby, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This was our first trip to Mazatlan and although I started off very loyal to the Caribbean side, I enjoyed our trip immensely. We booked a two bedroom suite and were treated like VIPs all the way. Travelling in the off season, the resort was mostly ours. Staff were attentive and friendly - A big thanks to Ricardo, Julio, Cristofer, and the rest of the wait staff in El Pergola. We truly felt like we were being welcomed home.

This is an older resort and could do with some updating but any request we made was quickly attended to. My biggest complaints would have to be the food and the kids club. While the food was fine...it was nothing spectacular and even through the resorts was less than half full, we were frequently told there was no space at the reservation only restaurants only to walk by later and see just one or two couples in the restaurant. Selections at the buffet were the same with a few new items depending on the evening theme. The food was hot though and fresh (which was good.) Even my picky eater was able to find something everyday (the same thing, everyday.) We ate off site two times and those were the best meals we had. Having been to other El-Cid resorts we were disappointed by the kids club here which was little more than an tiny empty store front with a TV and table. My kids looked forward to a few of the listed activities but they were cancelled the day of. My oldest attended a few times but all they seemed to do was watch movies over and over. Navigation around the resort is hard too as there is no maps so....it's a good thing it's not huge.
Our room was fabulous (larger than our house) and had a hot tub on the balcony. Views to die for. Bed was very comfortable and cleaning staff did a great job. Would not hesitate to book again.

Room Tip: Castilla Beach is the newest of the 4 buildings, quieter than others.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Burnabysavvymom,

I thank you for sharing you recent experience with us and for pointing out pros and cons. It´s so great that your first time in Mexico was an unforgettable one and that you were left anxious to come back. All in all it seems like you had a good trip I do apologies for the minor inconveniences along the way. Firstly I’d like to add that I am happy my staff was able to attend your every need and provided such great service we always want our guest to feel like they are at their home away from home. I´d also like to add that we are working on renovations we take every precaution and maintenance to ensure a wonderful, luxury experience. I am concerned to hear you didn’t find our food to fit your standards rest assure that your comment is taken with the upmost seriousness and I will talk to our food and beverage department to discuss in ways we can improve. As far as our Kids club it is really shocking to me to hear that there were no activities the days of your visit, I say this because I myself have observed some activities they do such as painting, play games and on special occasions even decorate cakes we have a lot of activities to offer I’m going to further investigate this situation to see what went wrong, my apologies. I am glad to hear that aside from your inconveniences you didn’t let it change your outlook on our hotel. There is always room for improvement and thast just part of the processes that allows us to grow! We hope that in your next visit you well be able to see the changes. We welcome you back with open arms!

Flower Mound Tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I met my son in LA and we had a great week at ElCid Castilla. Our room offered expansive views of the ocean. We dinned at every restaurant and The Marina was our favorite. The shrimp were awesome. Beach service was spot on, never waited long for a cold beverage. The nightly shows were entertaining. We did two excursions, one to the Aquarium, the Market and we saw the Immaculate Conception Cathedral which was beautiful. The Aquarium will have a shark tank and penguin exhibit next year. Our boat trip to Deer Island was wonderful, we passed by the 2nd largest lighthouse in the world. On the beach they offer banana boat rides as well as kayaking and snorkeling. We had the Elite package and I highly recommend that, upgraded meals, drinks and discounts on excursions. There are many pools to enjoy at all four properties. They also have a newly renovated fitness center and also a Spa on property. Hope you all get to enjoy the flavor of Mexico and get to visit El Cid!

Room Tip: Ocean View/higher floor. They also have room with full kitchens.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear: txpany

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write such a great review on trip advisor, we are ecstatic to hear you had a pleasant experience. I am glad your vacation was highlighted by our courteous attention, comfort room accommodations and enjoyable food in our restaurants. We pride ourselves in always having full entertainment it is good to hear you were able to enjoy our nightly shows. We are so lucky to be living in such a wonderful city such as Mazatlan where there is so much to do the possibilities are endless, We hope we see you soon in a near future so you can yet have a memorable vacation !

Flower Mound Tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We just returned from Castilla at El Cid this past week. We lucked out with the weather, only one semi rainy day. It is very hot/humid in September, but if your in the pool/ocean all is great. We had the elite package which I would recommend to everyone. The upgrades are well worth it.. Shrimp is the best I've ever tasted. Also with the Elite you can use all 4 hotel amenities as well as restaurants. Our favorite was at the Marina. Luis pours a mean Mexican coffee! Rooms were spacious and the balcony was fantastic for viewing sunsets. We did not do the tequila tour, but heard from guests we met that it is one not to miss. We went over to Deer Island for some banana boat rides and snorkeling. Lunch was served there, the boat ride over was fantastic - we were able to see the 2nd largest lighthouse in the world from the Sea of Cortez (glad we didn't have to climb that mountain in the heat) The aquarium will be adding a shark tank and also a penguin exhibit next year - we saw it without that, and it was pretty good. ElCid offers tranquility as well as much nightlife as you would want.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Allow us to thank you for taking the time to write this review in which allow trip readers get to read about your experience of excellence. It is very fortunate that you were able to have the great weather throughout your stay. Firstly id likes to say that I am glad you found our elite package such an amazing deal and that you were able to further explore our others facilities. Mazatlan is always full of things to do as you have been able to find out for yourselves. Its always a delight to hear when we have yet again made someone’s vacation memorable and we hope we have the pleassure in hosting you again In a near future.

Kind regards,

Welland, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

My wife and I visited Mazatlan for the first time Mar. 4th 2013 for 7 days. The food was better than average at the buffets, always a friendly greeting from the staff, eggs done as you liked, lots of choices, terrific desserts. Plenty of activity around the pools which were spacious and very well looked after. Lunch served at the buffet near the pool and beach was always plentiful and tasty. Dinner a the buffet or at the Mexican, or the Italian were consistently great. The piano player at the a la carte's was most enjoyable. Accommodations a bit dated inside if you Iike white paint it's everywhere. Room is more than adequate for 2 adults includes wall safe. Loved the city and toured it with a taxi driver. Felt very safe in this area.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, it can be noisy near the pool on weekends when the locals come in.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear: Murray E

We are extremely pleased with your kind comments of your recent stay at El Cid Castilla. As you may know, so few people take the time to let the world travelers know when they are satisfied with the service at a hotel. I am very happy you enjoyed the trip and our efforts to improve the property have been paying off.

We were also very glad to learn that you were surprised and pleased with our customer satisfaction service. We are aware that most hotels do not reply to service questionnaires, but,
we see the personal contact as an opportunity to incentive a dialogue. This is the only effective way to learn, from a guests’ perspective, our strong, but also our weak points and to improve our service.

If given such an opportunity we would me most grateful to welcome you back to our hotel.

Kind regards,

Salvatore Sanchez

Been to El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!