“Awesome Week in Mazatlan!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel

You added El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel to your Saves list
El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Camaron Sabalo s/n, Mazatlan 82110, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Up to 50% Off
Ranked #15 of 76 Hotels in Mazatlan
San Diego, California
“Awesome Week in Mazatlan!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

So..let's start by saying this..I am a timeshare owner and i had the most wonderful time with my group of 5 friends/family that went. They were very impressed by the VIP service we recieved. We had a HUGE 2 bedroom suite on the 16th floor that offered amazing views. The room was super roomy! The sauna in room and jacuzzi were a plus!

I want to thank first most...FELIX!! This man was AMAZING!! He kept us well fed and hydrated! Anything we asked for..he provided with a big smile on his face! We had no one else wait on us! I can go on and on about Felix! The staff at La Concha...thank you for making dinner great every night (the "team captain" was a lil rude with the employees..not really appreciated that..the morning one that is) BTW we only ate at La Concha for breakfast and dinner..The Marina restaurant..Lobster was delish! We went to the sushi but sadly we had a horrible waiter and didn't get a chance to taste the food...we walked out after waiting for 30 mins for our rolls! Room service was great..easy to order and delivered in a timely manner!
Maria our housekeeper...she always did a great job with our 2 bedroom suite..and was sweet as sugar!!
We didn't do much as we went to relax...and giving that I am already a timeshare member..the sale pitch..was really no big deal!
My only complain...the people selling on the beach..we sat out in the beach one day...(the day that Felix was working that area :) And they can get annoying..we had one lady beg us for a dollar at the end of the day because she had sold nothing..i get it..its tough and there is not much the resort can do..but if i told you "not interested" the first 5 times...i think they should get the hint. We didnt get in the ocean as they had jelly fish..but that didn't bother us...we stayed by the pool anyways. We did the all-inclusive and for us it worked just great..for all the lobster...shrimp and steak we ate..all the booze we wanted..it was perfect!

Overall...i can't complain about the resort...we had a blast and plan on going back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear: Saby1978

I appreciate the time given to write this review for we know your time is valuable, let me start of by thanking you for become part of our family and buying a time share it’s great to hear you brought other to come along and enjoy our Facilities so they can also have an opportunity to Experience an unforgettable vacation. Felix is a great person and I’m glad to hear he was able to give you such exemplary service good to have him on board with us I will definitely give him the proper congrats. So I see you got a chance to try some of our Ala Cart dinners glad you enjoyed them we always try and have the best quality of food and always have them tasting delicious however I am a bit concerned about the lack of attention the waiter in t he sushi bar provided rest assure that this will be taken very serious for it is not expectable to have such behavior for we always take pride in doing what we do and make sure it is done right I again apologies for this and can assure you it will no longer happen again. As far as the beach sellers yes we try our hardest to try and distant the sellers away from our guest but there’s only so much we can do given the fact that the beaches are not private property but fear not for we will try and come up with new ways as a team to try and solve this issue we are having with them I can’t assure anything but I will guarantee you that will be taking this comment very serious and into consideration.

My best,

Salvatore Sanchez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Encinitas, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

In addition to the great accommodations and location, the Activities Crew by the pools were great! From the first day they recognized our kids by name and found them for fun group activities! Especially great were Brenda, Alejandra. The waiters around the pool work hard to keep us in drinks on these very hot days. Ramon and Thomas were great! We wanted a certain drink but the bar tenders didn't know it so Ramon worked to make it perfect!

Room Tip: Stay in the Castillo tower.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear: LisafromEncinitas

Many thanks for your kind remarks relating to your recent stay at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel.

I’m happy that you enjoyed our accommodations and the service provided from the activities team especially with Brenda and Alejandra.

We are so happy to know that you have stayed with us and have experienced our superior customer service. We are extremely proud of our efforts in maintaining a very high level of customer service, and we want to thank you for your recognition. Thank you also for mentioning the great staff, especially Ramon and Thomas around the pool! They are a real asset to our hotel and I will be sure to convey your compliments to them.

We look forward to having with us again; please contact me personally if there is anything I can do to make your stay with us more comfortable.

Kind regards,

Phoenix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We leave tomorrow and the staff at El Cid Marina are what made this trip so rewarding. While it isn't 5 star luxury and the food isn't 5 star the people of El Cid make it so. We were treated very well, from complimentry upgraded room from a junior suite to a 1 bedroom - unfortunately there was no balcony on the 1 bedroom so they gave us one that did a couple of days later that faces the sea. The wait staff, front desk, maids, ground keepers, shuttle drivers everyone are amazingly respectful, friendly and always smiling - they know customer service! We tried food at some of the other properties and by far the best food came from the El Cid Marina restaurant. I recommend upgrading to the all inclusive elite, the food selection is much better. Room service is good too but the food in the restaurant is better. Be sure to bring money for tips - they make a living off other people's generosity. We walked all along the beach one morning and it was lovely and went out to see the cliff divers. Very quite resort, I haven't slept this good in years. We visited the Malecon but if you want a vacation with lots of things to do this isn't the place to go and we came to relax and the staff here made that really easy!

Room Tip: ask for room with ocean view not marina view and be sure to ask for a room with a balcony some dont...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Kamloops, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I was just recently at El Cid Castilla Beach with a group of people. The weather was amazing. The room we stayed in was very neat and tidy, as well as had an amazing view of the pool and the ocean. When down by the pool we had amazing service, especially by Jaimie, who knew what we liked and was always encouraging us to try new drinks. He was very kind and efficient. We constantly looked forward to the activities the staff put on, such as beach volleyball, tequila volleyball, soccer, water aerobics, etc. I definitely looked forward to these activities because the staff, Enrike with a 'K', Mario, Bruno, Axel, etc. made it a blast. They were all very kind, very funny, and surprisingly very good at speaking english, but playing charades to help them understand somethings was pretty funny and entertaining for the both of us. Every night my group and I would watch the dinner shows the resort put on. They were extremely entertaining, especially when Frank was MC, and it is great for all ages. The dancers, Martha, Brenda, Julio, Tury, Theresa, etc did an amazing job. They were all very kind and would encourage everyone to come up and dance with them at the end. Everyone seemed to love it, my group definitely did. The servers, Ricardo and Juan, in the restaurant at the dinner show were great as well. They made sure we never had an empty glass or plates sitting in front of us. At the end of our week we were very sad to leave and we will miss the staff at El Cid very much, but would go back in a heart beat just to hang with them again! Thank you for an amazing vacation and I hope to be back very soon!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear: Danya M

We really appreciate your feedback and detailed description of our services, rooms and facilities and are glad that you have spent an enjoyable and relaxing time at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel.

As written we are extremely fortunate to have the best location in the city which is also complimented by a sensational swimming pool, accommodations, restaurants, bars, and of course, the most wonderful view of Mazatlan´s amazing sunsets.

Our activities staff will be delighted to hear that you recognized their hard work.
We will also pass your compliments into our waiters staff, who worked tirelessly to make sure everything, was properly during your meals. Throughout the organization we do our very best to deliver that unique blend of El Cid hospitality. It can be a challenge to get it rights each and every time given the variables of customer expectation however these comments are testimony to the commitment of our team has to provide consistent customer service and guest satisfaction. Our hearts belong to you too.

Thank you for staying with us, and we hope you will have the opportunity to visit us again soon!

Kind regards,

Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Me and my friends stayed at El Cid June 17th - 24th and it was an amazing experience.The rooms and views were breath taking, but what really made the trip fantastic was the staff (The Activities staff was outstanding, Enrike, Mario, Bruno and Axel). Me and my friends had a blast participating in the water activities as well as tequila volleyball. They made us feel at home and always went above and beyond to make sure we were having an excellent week in Mazatlan. Also the Dance team/staff was excellent. They put on great shows, Frank was hilarious and the dancers, Martha, Julio, Tury and Brenda were amazing. After each show they always encouraged us to get up on the stage and dance which was always blast. When our last day came around we didn't want to leave, we all had the best time and will definitely be going back to El Cid soon to see all our new Staff friends :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear: frankee b

Wow! Sounds like you had a great time you and your friends during your recent stay. Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We're happy you chose to share your vacation with the El Cid Castilla and it's our pleasure to have provided you with the service that helped make your trip one to remember. Your comments have been shared with our activities team who are playing an important part to make your vacations unforgettable and we are all looking forward to welcoming you back as a returning guest. Thank you again for sharing your El Cid experience with us. We hope to see you soon!

Kind Regards,

San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed at El Cid Castilla last May and we had an amazing time! The resort is kept spotless, the pool and gardens are gorgeous, and the room was very clean and comfortable. Our little girl loved the activities team and the food was great as well.
Super friendly staff, they all are very helpful and professional, and keep the hotel beautifully maintained.
The Italian restaurant was our favorite, super cozy and the food was excellent!
I can't recommend this hotel enough, wether for a family vacation or a couples getaway, you won't be disappointed!
Can't wait to be back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear: cynthiaa

It’s extremely encouraging when we hear that our service excellences which we are so proud of have made your holiday memorable. Comments such as yours make our day!

My staff was very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that our rooms are very clean. Good personal is the best asset to be different from other hotels they. We try our very best to go above and beyond for you.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed the food and service at the restaurants in particular El Alcazar. We will definitely distribute your encouragement to our entertainment crew to carry on their excellent work.

You were able to enjoy many of the different facilities that we have to offer on this stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not so distant future and please do not hesitate to let us know if we can be of further assistance.

My best Regards,

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I travelled to Mazatlan with my cousin in February 2013 and stayed at the El Cid Castilla. From the beginning to the end of our vacation, we were so impressed with the resort and staff that we are both planning another trip back very soon. This was my third time to Mexico and I have to say that Mazatlan and in particular the El Cid were the best vacation so far. The only bad thing I would say about the resort was the check-in/check-out was a little slow, however we were brought resfreshing beverages while waiting in-line so that was appreciated. The room was very clean when we checked in and remained clean and tidy throughout the week. The food was pretty good. I would recommend checking out the Italian restaurant. We were very impressed by the food and the service there. I can't honestly say too much about the beach because we spent everyday at the pool. The activities staff/bar staff around the pool were phenomenal. We wanted to spend everyday at the pool because of the exceptional atmosphere. Our drinks were always full and there was always lots going on poolside to keep us entertained and having fun througout the day. I would like to say a great big thank you to Christian and Frankie for such an awesome week. They went above and beyond to make sure we were having a great time all the time! There was a wide variety of activities for everyone to enjoy and I could see everyone having an excellent vacation at this resort. Whether your looking for a nice relaxing family vacation or your a younger group of people wanting to have some fun...you won't be disappointed by this resort. See you soon El Cid :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear: Carol C

Thank you for taking the time to write this review for we know your time is valuable. I’m proud to hear we were able to give you such exemplary service; we always work hard to make sure we fulfill our guest expectations and it brings me such satisfaction we were able to accomplish that with your stay.

There is no greater feeling then when our fellow guest take notice on how hard we work to make sure everything thing is in order and functioning properly there is always room for improvement and we are always open to hear on what we can become better at. It’s good you were able to try out or transportation shuttles so you could get a chance to visit our other facilities.

It worries me to hear about you problem in regards to the La Jolla time share although it is no associated with our hotel I appreciate you letting us know we will be on the lookout. We look forward in seeing you in a near future.

Cordially,

Salvatore Sanchez

Been to El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!