“Would go back in a heart beat!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel

You added El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel to your Saves list
El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Camaron Sabalo s/n, Mazatlan 82110, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Up to 50% Off
Ranked #15 of 76 Hotels in Mazatlan
Kamloops, Canada
“Would go back in a heart beat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I was just recently at El Cid Castilla Beach with a group of people. The weather was amazing. The room we stayed in was very neat and tidy, as well as had an amazing view of the pool and the ocean. When down by the pool we had amazing service, especially by Jaimie, who knew what we liked and was always encouraging us to try new drinks. He was very kind and efficient. We constantly looked forward to the activities the staff put on, such as beach volleyball, tequila volleyball, soccer, water aerobics, etc. I definitely looked forward to these activities because the staff, Enrike with a 'K', Mario, Bruno, Axel, etc. made it a blast. They were all very kind, very funny, and surprisingly very good at speaking english, but playing charades to help them understand somethings was pretty funny and entertaining for the both of us. Every night my group and I would watch the dinner shows the resort put on. They were extremely entertaining, especially when Frank was MC, and it is great for all ages. The dancers, Martha, Brenda, Julio, Tury, Theresa, etc did an amazing job. They were all very kind and would encourage everyone to come up and dance with them at the end. Everyone seemed to love it, my group definitely did. The servers, Ricardo and Juan, in the restaurant at the dinner show were great as well. They made sure we never had an empty glass or plates sitting in front of us. At the end of our week we were very sad to leave and we will miss the staff at El Cid very much, but would go back in a heart beat just to hang with them again! Thank you for an amazing vacation and I hope to be back very soon!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear: Danya M

We really appreciate your feedback and detailed description of our services, rooms and facilities and are glad that you have spent an enjoyable and relaxing time at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel.

As written we are extremely fortunate to have the best location in the city which is also complimented by a sensational swimming pool, accommodations, restaurants, bars, and of course, the most wonderful view of Mazatlan´s amazing sunsets.

Our activities staff will be delighted to hear that you recognized their hard work.
We will also pass your compliments into our waiters staff, who worked tirelessly to make sure everything, was properly during your meals. Throughout the organization we do our very best to deliver that unique blend of El Cid hospitality. It can be a challenge to get it rights each and every time given the variables of customer expectation however these comments are testimony to the commitment of our team has to provide consistent customer service and guest satisfaction. Our hearts belong to you too.

Thank you for staying with us, and we hope you will have the opportunity to visit us again soon!

Kind regards,

Salvatore Sanchez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Me and my friends stayed at El Cid June 17th - 24th and it was an amazing experience.The rooms and views were breath taking, but what really made the trip fantastic was the staff (The Activities staff was outstanding, Enrike, Mario, Bruno and Axel). Me and my friends had a blast participating in the water activities as well as tequila volleyball. They made us feel at home and always went above and beyond to make sure we were having an excellent week in Mazatlan. Also the Dance team/staff was excellent. They put on great shows, Frank was hilarious and the dancers, Martha, Julio, Tury and Brenda were amazing. After each show they always encouraged us to get up on the stage and dance which was always blast. When our last day came around we didn't want to leave, we all had the best time and will definitely be going back to El Cid soon to see all our new Staff friends :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear: frankee b

Wow! Sounds like you had a great time you and your friends during your recent stay. Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We're happy you chose to share your vacation with the El Cid Castilla and it's our pleasure to have provided you with the service that helped make your trip one to remember. Your comments have been shared with our activities team who are playing an important part to make your vacations unforgettable and we are all looking forward to welcoming you back as a returning guest. Thank you again for sharing your El Cid experience with us. We hope to see you soon!

Kind Regards,

San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed at El Cid Castilla last May and we had an amazing time! The resort is kept spotless, the pool and gardens are gorgeous, and the room was very clean and comfortable. Our little girl loved the activities team and the food was great as well.
Super friendly staff, they all are very helpful and professional, and keep the hotel beautifully maintained.
The Italian restaurant was our favorite, super cozy and the food was excellent!
I can't recommend this hotel enough, wether for a family vacation or a couples getaway, you won't be disappointed!
Can't wait to be back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear: cynthiaa

It’s extremely encouraging when we hear that our service excellences which we are so proud of have made your holiday memorable. Comments such as yours make our day!

My staff was very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that our rooms are very clean. Good personal is the best asset to be different from other hotels they. We try our very best to go above and beyond for you.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed the food and service at the restaurants in particular El Alcazar. We will definitely distribute your encouragement to our entertainment crew to carry on their excellent work.

You were able to enjoy many of the different facilities that we have to offer on this stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not so distant future and please do not hesitate to let us know if we can be of further assistance.

My best Regards,

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I travelled to Mazatlan with my cousin in February 2013 and stayed at the El Cid Castilla. From the beginning to the end of our vacation, we were so impressed with the resort and staff that we are both planning another trip back very soon. This was my third time to Mexico and I have to say that Mazatlan and in particular the El Cid were the best vacation so far. The only bad thing I would say about the resort was the check-in/check-out was a little slow, however we were brought resfreshing beverages while waiting in-line so that was appreciated. The room was very clean when we checked in and remained clean and tidy throughout the week. The food was pretty good. I would recommend checking out the Italian restaurant. We were very impressed by the food and the service there. I can't honestly say too much about the beach because we spent everyday at the pool. The activities staff/bar staff around the pool were phenomenal. We wanted to spend everyday at the pool because of the exceptional atmosphere. Our drinks were always full and there was always lots going on poolside to keep us entertained and having fun througout the day. I would like to say a great big thank you to Christian and Frankie for such an awesome week. They went above and beyond to make sure we were having a great time all the time! There was a wide variety of activities for everyone to enjoy and I could see everyone having an excellent vacation at this resort. Whether your looking for a nice relaxing family vacation or your a younger group of people wanting to have some fun...you won't be disappointed by this resort. See you soon El Cid :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear: Carol C

Thank you for taking the time to write this review for we know your time is valuable. I’m proud to hear we were able to give you such exemplary service; we always work hard to make sure we fulfill our guest expectations and it brings me such satisfaction we were able to accomplish that with your stay.

There is no greater feeling then when our fellow guest take notice on how hard we work to make sure everything thing is in order and functioning properly there is always room for improvement and we are always open to hear on what we can become better at. It’s good you were able to try out or transportation shuttles so you could get a chance to visit our other facilities.

It worries me to hear about you problem in regards to the La Jolla time share although it is no associated with our hotel I appreciate you letting us know we will be on the lookout. We look forward in seeing you in a near future.

Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is an older resort that is kept in top notch condition. The pool and outdoor areas are beautiful. The room was average, but who spends time in the room? The staff was constantly cleaning. The resort is kept immaculate. We had a few ants in our room when we checked in. Someone came immediately (within five minutes) and took care of it. We had no other problems. The only thing we did not like about the resort was the beach. There are bands that play constantly! They are very annoying. They are not on resort property, so I'm sure they cannot do anything about it. We did not spend any time on the beach because of this. We mostly spent time around the beautiful pools. The food was good and there was variety. Our favorite was the Italian restaurant. Before our trip, we kept asking about a transfer from the airport. We were told we would need a cab. At the airport, a transfer service had our names and hotel. On the way to the resort, they talked us into doing a time-share info. session in exchange for two excursions for our party of four. Talk about a captive audience! We went to the 90 minute session at the Marina, then told them No Thanks. It was a great deal for the tickets that we got in return. We actually wanted to go to the marina anyway! The two excursions were great, and free! It included our transfer back to the airport as well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear coltsfan63,

I appreciate the time given to write this review for we know your time is valuable. I thank you for your recognition we work hard to try and have everything in the best conditions and its always great to here when people take notice of our efforts, however there is always room for improvement. I apologize before hand for the ant situation but im glad the problem got solved quick and efficiently. In regards to the bandas playing in the beach yes this is something we cannot fully control like you previously mentioned due to the fact that they are not under private property. I’m glad you had a chance to visit and get to know our other facilities. On behalf of my staff and I we would like to that you for your kind words, we hope we have the pleasure in hosting you once again in a near future.

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We spent 2 weeks at El Cid and had a great in Feb/Mar 2013. This is our 3rd time in three years that we were treated to a very relaxing 2 weeks. I would recommend El Cid to anyone who wanted to kick back and have a wonderful holiday

Room Tip: Always face the ocean> It is the best way to start the day.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Beatty3,
Thank you for your kind feedback as it helps other fellow viewers to consider us for their next vacation get away. There are many reasons for us to keep doing what we do in this service industry, and you just gave us yet another inspiration to keep up with our great efforts in becoming the best hotel we can possibly be! It brings me great joy to hear you are a repetitive guest and hope there are many more years to come. We can´t wait to have you with us again we will be waiting for you here at your home away from home!!

ferrisburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed on the top floor of La Castilla-- what a view! with a jacuzzi on the spacious deck.
the suite was top notch, newly renovated with flat screen TV beautiful decor throughout. we were impressed. Service was excellent. I think the maid cleaned twice a day! I noticed my bed was turned down each night. I think EL CID restaurant La Concha has the biggest palapa roof in all of Mazatlan. It's right on the beach and very romantic! And you are waited on hand & foot. I mean, I don't know how much better it can get.
A hint for those of you who find the Mexican vendors annoying: just close your eyes or put your nose in a book, and they will stay away from you. Actually, aside from being desperate to make a living, they try not to bother you. Also, you can take the free shuttle bus to El Cid Marina beach ( fun! you go out on a little ferry boat!) to an untouched quiet beach for the day.
We DID have a very bad experience though. Right out front of El Cid, on the street, a guy offered us $500.00 to go look at LA JOLLA, a timeshare . We were lured in by such alot of money. What a horrible mistake! We were scammed big time. They have our $7,000. We have NOTHING. Stay away. Before you fall for their tricks as we did, google them or read comments on trip advisor. They are no good.

Room Tip: The higher up, the better!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear: Carole C

Salvatore Sanchez

Been to El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!