“My Review” 5 of 5 stars
Review of El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel

Save Saved
You added El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel to your Saves list
El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Camaron Sabalo s/n, Mazatlan 82110, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Great Sale: Up to 63% Off
Ranked #16 of 75 hotels in Mazatlan
River Grove, Illinois, United States
“My Review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Wow, how to start. My trip to Mazatlan was amazing! no words can explain it. Everything was great. I am glad I chose El Cid Castilla beach, the service was excellent. The bartenders were great and all the staff were super friendly. The girls at the "elite" section made our trip even better. They helped us locate great clubs and great restaurants within the city. When i go back I am definitely going back to El Cid Castilla

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Juan C

What splendid review, we feel most than happy for this great eulogy
I am glad to note that our convenient location and friendly staff exceeded your expectations; Thank you for the special mention of our waiter’s staff and the girls of Club Elite, they really are more than happy to know that were recognized for their hard work.
We are at your appreciable orders, will be a pleasure for me and the girls of Club Elite have you with us once again.

Regards,

1,328 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Check out the poolside candlelit restaurant at Elcid. It's new!!!! La Gruta is the name of the quaint dining experience.
Miguel the captain was so attentive and gave us such special attention as we dined. Made us wonder spanish coffees to top off this wonder evening. Michel is the waiter and wow so helpful in helping us select just the right appitizer which happened to be the tuna. I sooo good. We enjoyed the pasta and again throughout the evening the service was as far as we were concerned the best for the week for evening dining. Raul was also very helpful and also added his own hospitality to our wonderful evening. Got to check it out. Soooo nice.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear: Myrnie W

Is for me a great pleasure to know that you enjoy our new and exclusive restaurant La Gruta.
It is an extra of new that El Cid has to offer, a restaurant more to the list to provide more variety to our customers who want to pamper.
I will share this great comment with Miguel captain, Michel and the rest of the team at The Gruta restaurant, for let them know the results of their great work in a team, I'm sure they will very happy to receive your positive reviews.
I look forward your visit again to El Cid Castilla, will be my pleasure to have it with us ..

Best regards,

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is a nice hotel in a convenient location. The amenities are good. They have a great pool and the have a good schedule of things to do. If you have children that love a good pool, this might be a great hotel for you.

The property has a good overall positive energy about it. The staff is nice and warm. The knock I have on the hotel is that is feels a little aged and needs some refurbishing. The rooms are large, but the bathroom area needs freshened up in order to be a 4 or 5 star hotel. It's acceptable, but will in no way wow you. The safe is an example of what needs modernized. At the front desk, they give you a key and the locking mechanism for the safe. No electronic safe here. It works, it's just not updated. The same can be said for the shower/tub area.

The hotel is right on the beach which is very nice as well.

Overall, it's a nice hotel & I got a very good rate on it as well....less than $100 US per night. Based on location, rate, and the staff, I would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Brock F

Thank you very much for your critique and recommendation, which was generally positive.
I’m really sorry for didn’t meet completely with your perspective, we work hard to create a pleasant atmosphere for our customers, and I'm glad to know you found our staff friendly and helpful.

Regard to our facilities, it is important to mention that we are working on renovations inside the hotel, in seasons like this is a bit difficult to move forward because we do not want to inconvenience our customers, that's why the change process has been a bit slower . We expect to complete these changes in mid-2013.

On your next visit to Mazatlan, I hope to be fortunate to have you again with us at Hotel El Cid Castilla, please contact me to show you some our changes.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I had the best and most wonderfully enjoyable stay at the El Cid hotel for 10 days, Nov 2011. The staff just could not have done more for me, and I want to send my heartfelt appreciation to all. Each and every one did their very best to make me happy, and I truly could not have wished for more. I actually had tears the day I had to leave. : )
I was a woman travelling alone, taking the same normal sensible precautions I do at home, and I always felt safe and comfortable both at the hotel and in Mazatlan. I did post a review at the time and can't find it. I so much hope to come back one day soon. Muchisimas gracias. Te extrano tanto. Carly - Vancouver. : )

Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Dear: Carly V

I really want to thank you for the time you was with us, and your great comments about our hotel is for me a pleasure to know that we meet your expectations.
Be assured I will read this review with staff, truly delighted that you have found a warm and friendly staff, who felt safe and enjoyable visit to Mazatlan, that's a very good review for us.
Without your feedback and constructive criticism would not be possible much of what we have accomplished for your experience be more pleasant at the time they are with us.
I look forward to having you again with us in not too distant future.

My best wishes,

Richmond, Mazatlan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Everyone has always talked very highly of the El Cid Resort in Mazatlan so I was very anxious to try it out. My boyfriend and I were lucky to score a very good deal for 5 nights All Inclusive and were very excited for our vacation. When arriving things already started off a bit rocky when we received two single beds instead of a king that we had requested, no big deal, they switched us right away and it was off to our first buffet experience.
All I can say is WOW! If you have any limitations on eating. Good Luck! The food was very unappetizing.
The beds were very hard, however according to friends we could have asked for a pillow top and it would have been no problem. oops I guess we should have known!
One thing I can say is that house cleaning was very good. They always left us bottles of water and when I forgot my phone upon checking out they turned it in to lost and found.
Over all I would not stay at this resort again nor would I suggest it to friends. I think part of the problem is that this resort is simply not set up for an All Inclusive. The selection of restaurants is very small and most of what we did try was not very good.

Room Tip: Ask for a pillow top when you arrive. The beds are very hard. One good thing about the room was the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear: QueenofMaz

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at El Cid Castilla Resorts.

We know that our all inclusive, the food was not your complete satisfaction, the beds were very hard, in short we failed to live up to your expectations. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get. I was very concerned to hear about all of the problems you experienced during your stay in relation to the service and your dissatisfaction of the hotel. We value customer feedback and we have a dedicated Guest Relations team to address any issues that arise. It is very important to our continued success that we hear from our guests and your comments will assist us in our commitment to improve in all aspects of our operations and service. I can assure you that the service you described represents a considerable deviation from our usual high Level.
Regarding to the variety of food and restaurants, We have every day 5 different themes for all inclusive in each of our restaurants like Mexican, Argentinean, Japanese, Italian and our buffet.

I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you may have experienced; our objective is to adjust to the diverse needs of our guests.
We look forward to discussing your concerns openly and honestly in hopes that through our efforts we can earn your trust and confidence.

Warm greetings from the sunny beaches of Mazatlan,

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I was honestly impressed, i had heard about the hotel before but i didnt think it was going to be that amazing! the first thing walking into the room that automatically made me fall in love was the view! The Pacific Ocean view was absolutely to die for! Apart from the Natural things around the are, the Hospitality was Marvelous! i got along with absolutely everybody! they truly made you feel like you were at home away from home! The Ladies From the Elite Club were very generous and helpful! Overall, my stay at El Cid Castilla was Absolutely amazing, and just saying that i feel like its an understatement, the experience is unexplainable. I definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: stick to the middle, the 9th Floor is great, you're not too far up and not too far low, and ask...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Paul A

First and for most I would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know how your Stay was here in El Cid Castilla. We always strive for our guest to have an unforgettable experience and for us to hear we yet again made someone’s vacation memorable brings good joy to me. Your kind words about our staff make me feel very proud to have them as a part of our team. This lets me know that our staff is going towards the most important goal we always want them to achieve which , is to always give outstanding service by giving our guest anything they need following in the direction of make them happy and satisfied . On behave of the whole hotel el Cid we thank you for choosing us and giving us the Opportunity to be the ones who take care of your throughout your vacation, we hope we can do it once again!

Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We have stayed at the El Cid Castilla 3 times now and enjoyed ourselves every time. We really enjoy the poolview rooms on the lower levels that do not require an elevator. This makes it quick and easy. The buffets range from good to excellent and the specialty restaurants are fantastic. The staff is always eager to please. The beach is a little on the small side and the vendors are ruthless at this resort so we spend most of our time at the pool - this is the only real negative to this resort. Well okay - maybe the service at the swim up bar - which has been poor every time we have been here. The pools are great for the kids.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear: Schmingie

We appreciate your comment regarding your recent visit in El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel.
The experience you have shared concerns us deeply, as we are committed to provide the best possible services to our guests.
El Cid strives to adhere to a high standard of quality and services throughout all the properties. Your words are beneficial and will serve to aid us in our efforts as we continue to improve and monitor our services.
Regarding to the vendors on the beach we have security staff checking areas to keep as far possible to our customers, unfortunately outside areas of the hotel are completely out of reach.
Even so that was not bad at all during your stay, we know that you could enjoy our food, our staff, and our beautiful pools

Kind Regards

Salvatore Sanchez

Been to El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!