“To the best hotel and staff in Mazatlan - thank you all so very much!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel

You added El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel to your Saves list
El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Camaron Sabalo s/n, Mazatlan 82110, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 50% Off
Ranked #12 of 76 Hotels in Mazatlan
Vancouver, Canada
“To the best hotel and staff in Mazatlan - thank you all so very much!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I had the best and most wonderfully enjoyable stay at the El Cid hotel for 10 days, Nov 2011. The staff just could not have done more for me, and I want to send my heartfelt appreciation to all. Each and every one did their very best to make me happy, and I truly could not have wished for more. I actually had tears the day I had to leave. : )
I was a woman travelling alone, taking the same normal sensible precautions I do at home, and I always felt safe and comfortable both at the hotel and in Mazatlan. I did post a review at the time and can't find it. I so much hope to come back one day soon. Muchisimas gracias. Te extrano tanto. Carly - Vancouver. : )

Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear: Carly V

I really want to thank you for the time you was with us, and your great comments about our hotel is for me a pleasure to know that we meet your expectations.
Be assured I will read this review with staff, truly delighted that you have found a warm and friendly staff, who felt safe and enjoyable visit to Mazatlan, that's a very good review for us.
Without your feedback and constructive criticism would not be possible much of what we have accomplished for your experience be more pleasant at the time they are with us.
I look forward to having you again with us in not too distant future.

My best wishes,

Salvatore Sanchez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Richmond, Mazatlan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Everyone has always talked very highly of the El Cid Resort in Mazatlan so I was very anxious to try it out. My boyfriend and I were lucky to score a very good deal for 5 nights All Inclusive and were very excited for our vacation. When arriving things already started off a bit rocky when we received two single beds instead of a king that we had requested, no big deal, they switched us right away and it was off to our first buffet experience.
All I can say is WOW! If you have any limitations on eating. Good Luck! The food was very unappetizing.
The beds were very hard, however according to friends we could have asked for a pillow top and it would have been no problem. oops I guess we should have known!
One thing I can say is that house cleaning was very good. They always left us bottles of water and when I forgot my phone upon checking out they turned it in to lost and found.
Over all I would not stay at this resort again nor would I suggest it to friends. I think part of the problem is that this resort is simply not set up for an All Inclusive. The selection of restaurants is very small and most of what we did try was not very good.

Room Tip: Ask for a pillow top when you arrive. The beds are very hard. One good thing about the room was the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear: QueenofMaz

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at El Cid Castilla Resorts.

We know that our all inclusive, the food was not your complete satisfaction, the beds were very hard, in short we failed to live up to your expectations. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get. I was very concerned to hear about all of the problems you experienced during your stay in relation to the service and your dissatisfaction of the hotel. We value customer feedback and we have a dedicated Guest Relations team to address any issues that arise. It is very important to our continued success that we hear from our guests and your comments will assist us in our commitment to improve in all aspects of our operations and service. I can assure you that the service you described represents a considerable deviation from our usual high Level.
Regarding to the variety of food and restaurants, We have every day 5 different themes for all inclusive in each of our restaurants like Mexican, Argentinean, Japanese, Italian and our buffet.

I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you may have experienced; our objective is to adjust to the diverse needs of our guests.
We look forward to discussing your concerns openly and honestly in hopes that through our efforts we can earn your trust and confidence.

Warm greetings from the sunny beaches of Mazatlan,

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I was honestly impressed, i had heard about the hotel before but i didnt think it was going to be that amazing! the first thing walking into the room that automatically made me fall in love was the view! The Pacific Ocean view was absolutely to die for! Apart from the Natural things around the are, the Hospitality was Marvelous! i got along with absolutely everybody! they truly made you feel like you were at home away from home! The Ladies From the Elite Club were very generous and helpful! Overall, my stay at El Cid Castilla was Absolutely amazing, and just saying that i feel like its an understatement, the experience is unexplainable. I definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: stick to the middle, the 9th Floor is great, you're not too far up and not too far low, and ask...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Paul A

First and for most I would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know how your Stay was here in El Cid Castilla. We always strive for our guest to have an unforgettable experience and for us to hear we yet again made someone’s vacation memorable brings good joy to me. Your kind words about our staff make me feel very proud to have them as a part of our team. This lets me know that our staff is going towards the most important goal we always want them to achieve which , is to always give outstanding service by giving our guest anything they need following in the direction of make them happy and satisfied . On behave of the whole hotel el Cid we thank you for choosing us and giving us the Opportunity to be the ones who take care of your throughout your vacation, we hope we can do it once again!

Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We have stayed at the El Cid Castilla 3 times now and enjoyed ourselves every time. We really enjoy the poolview rooms on the lower levels that do not require an elevator. This makes it quick and easy. The buffets range from good to excellent and the specialty restaurants are fantastic. The staff is always eager to please. The beach is a little on the small side and the vendors are ruthless at this resort so we spend most of our time at the pool - this is the only real negative to this resort. Well okay - maybe the service at the swim up bar - which has been poor every time we have been here. The pools are great for the kids.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear: Schmingie

We appreciate your comment regarding your recent visit in El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel.
The experience you have shared concerns us deeply, as we are committed to provide the best possible services to our guests.
El Cid strives to adhere to a high standard of quality and services throughout all the properties. Your words are beneficial and will serve to aid us in our efforts as we continue to improve and monitor our services.
Regarding to the vendors on the beach we have security staff checking areas to keep as far possible to our customers, unfortunately outside areas of the hotel are completely out of reach.
Even so that was not bad at all during your stay, we know that you could enjoy our food, our staff, and our beautiful pools

Kind Regards

Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Rooms are very clean and comfortable. I stayed in the tower which had a great ocean view. There was only a couple English TV channels in the room, but not sure if that was because it was the summer. There is lots of shopping in the resort and a very nice pool with a waterslide for the kids. There is a lunch buffet area and a dinner buffet area. The restaurants are not included in the all-inclusive. The buffet food was not great, but the pay restaurants on the resort had excellent food. There is not a lot of beach area in front of the resort.

Room Tip: Pay the extra to stay in the tower
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear: Lady

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I would like to apologize for the less satisfactory experience in relation a TV channels and buffets. Your constructive comments have been sincerely received and have been conveyed to proper channels of management for serious improvements.

We truly hope to be awarded another opportunity to redeem ourselves
On a more positive note, we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our furniture, pools, a la cart restaurants. Undoubtedly this is the best way to motivate the team; they love to hear about guests enjoying their stay.

We look forward to your arrival and serving you and your family for a most memorable trip. Prior to arrival or during your stay with us, should you have any concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at your convenience.

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Whe we arrived during the slow season, many locations at and around the hotel were under construction however, I completely understand that and did not let it affect me. Our room had a terrific view in Castilla 19th floor and the room service (Martha) was timely, efficient and clean.

When I arrived I imagined somewthing completely different. However I was pleasantly surprised by the courteos staff at all el cid locations that were always willing to assist you in every way,

But a major thumbs up to the few staff that work at the Club Elite office. I met Estefany Vejar when I was referred to her by the woman at the information desk. I organized a delivery of a personalized birthday cake from a local bakery and she went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure everything was taken care of. She was also very savvy about the hotel and its services and was one stop shopping for all Mazatlan and information about tours and the region. Other times, her colleagues (Marisela, Zuleyma and Gisel) were happy to assist me in any way possible. Especially in keeping the cake a secret when my wife and I walked in together.

When it comes to the people, the staff at el cid were fantastic and helpful. Granted, it was the slow month of September, but if it means stepping it up a notch, then this team of Super Chicas at the Club Elite Centre know what good customer service is. Hopefully, management recognizes their efforts.

My only regret? Not being able to stay on their holiday weekend for Independence Day.

Room Tip: Castilla top floor is the way to go.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir

I would like to begin by apologizing for the inconvenience that you submitted on your recent stay at El Cid Castilla.

As a part of our commitment to constant improvement and delivering greater value to our guests we guarantee that every visit to our hotel will be a unique and memorable experience, so letting us know how good we performed during your stay is a real great help to us!

Your nice words about the super chicas in the elite club made us feel very proud of having them as part of our team because they are doing their best to follow in the direction to score our most important goal which is to make our guests happy.

I hope we will soon have a chance to welcome you back and deliver even more pleasant vacations, please be assured that myself and my club Elite team will be more than glade to be able to pamper you once again.

My Best Wishes,

houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at El Cid Castilla for 4 days, my room was very comfortable with a wonderful view and great service..!
The Italian restaurant was my favorite, and the ladies in Club Elite were very helpfully, specially Marisela, Estefany, Gisel and Zuleyma, they answered all my questions and attended every need.I will definetly visit again soon!

• Stayed July 2012
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear: Sir

A positive feedback is the best success we can receive, so I cannot thank you enough for this wonderful comment.

We are pleased to know that you trust in the high level of El Cid Castilla as always work with the desire to offer our customers a first class service.

I have just had the pleasure of personally sharing your comments with Marisela, Estefany, Zuleyma and Gisel. It is feedback such as this that drives the team to aim even higher in terms of guest service. Your comments regarding our staff being so friendly and helpful is right on the mark as our people philosophy is that 'people are our greatest asset and vital to our success'.

Please know that you have a place here and at any of our hotels, and should you need any point of contact for a return visit or a new adventure please don't hesitate to let me know; Be assured that elite club girls would be honored to personally assist!

Yours Sencerely,

Salvatore Sanchez

Been to El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!