“Friendly Staff!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel

Save Saved
You added El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel to your Saves list
El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Camaron Sabalo s/n, Mazatlan 82110, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Great Sale: Up to 63% Off
Ranked #16 of 75 hotels in Mazatlan
Calgary, Canada
“Friendly Staff!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Rooms are very clean and comfortable. I stayed in the tower which had a great ocean view. There was only a couple English TV channels in the room, but not sure if that was because it was the summer. There is lots of shopping in the resort and a very nice pool with a waterslide for the kids. There is a lunch buffet area and a dinner buffet area. The restaurants are not included in the all-inclusive. The buffet food was not great, but the pay restaurants on the resort had excellent food. There is not a lot of beach area in front of the resort.

Room Tip: Pay the extra to stay in the tower
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear: Lady

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I would like to apologize for the less satisfactory experience in relation a TV channels and buffets. Your constructive comments have been sincerely received and have been conveyed to proper channels of management for serious improvements.

We truly hope to be awarded another opportunity to redeem ourselves
On a more positive note, we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our furniture, pools, a la cart restaurants. Undoubtedly this is the best way to motivate the team; they love to hear about guests enjoying their stay.

We look forward to your arrival and serving you and your family for a most memorable trip. Prior to arrival or during your stay with us, should you have any concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at your convenience.

1,332 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Whe we arrived during the slow season, many locations at and around the hotel were under construction however, I completely understand that and did not let it affect me. Our room had a terrific view in Castilla 19th floor and the room service (Martha) was timely, efficient and clean.

When I arrived I imagined somewthing completely different. However I was pleasantly surprised by the courteos staff at all el cid locations that were always willing to assist you in every way,

But a major thumbs up to the few staff that work at the Club Elite office. I met Estefany Vejar when I was referred to her by the woman at the information desk. I organized a delivery of a personalized birthday cake from a local bakery and she went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure everything was taken care of. She was also very savvy about the hotel and its services and was one stop shopping for all Mazatlan and information about tours and the region. Other times, her colleagues (Marisela, Zuleyma and Gisel) were happy to assist me in any way possible. Especially in keeping the cake a secret when my wife and I walked in together.

When it comes to the people, the staff at el cid were fantastic and helpful. Granted, it was the slow month of September, but if it means stepping it up a notch, then this team of Super Chicas at the Club Elite Centre know what good customer service is. Hopefully, management recognizes their efforts.

My only regret? Not being able to stay on their holiday weekend for Independence Day.

Room Tip: Castilla top floor is the way to go.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir

I would like to begin by apologizing for the inconvenience that you submitted on your recent stay at El Cid Castilla.

As a part of our commitment to constant improvement and delivering greater value to our guests we guarantee that every visit to our hotel will be a unique and memorable experience, so letting us know how good we performed during your stay is a real great help to us!

Your nice words about the super chicas in the elite club made us feel very proud of having them as part of our team because they are doing their best to follow in the direction to score our most important goal which is to make our guests happy.

I hope we will soon have a chance to welcome you back and deliver even more pleasant vacations, please be assured that myself and my club Elite team will be more than glade to be able to pamper you once again.

My Best Wishes,

houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at El Cid Castilla for 4 days, my room was very comfortable with a wonderful view and great service..!
The Italian restaurant was my favorite, and the ladies in Club Elite were very helpfully, specially Marisela, Estefany, Gisel and Zuleyma, they answered all my questions and attended every need.I will definetly visit again soon!

• Stayed July 2012
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear: Sir

A positive feedback is the best success we can receive, so I cannot thank you enough for this wonderful comment.

We are pleased to know that you trust in the high level of El Cid Castilla as always work with the desire to offer our customers a first class service.

I have just had the pleasure of personally sharing your comments with Marisela, Estefany, Zuleyma and Gisel. It is feedback such as this that drives the team to aim even higher in terms of guest service. Your comments regarding our staff being so friendly and helpful is right on the mark as our people philosophy is that 'people are our greatest asset and vital to our success'.

Please know that you have a place here and at any of our hotels, and should you need any point of contact for a return visit or a new adventure please don't hesitate to let me know; Be assured that elite club girls would be honored to personally assist!

Yours Sencerely,

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We bought a time share in the tower, when it first opened, and the place was awesome. We went a few years later with some friends and it was nice, but not as nice. Ten years later, and yes we were still paying for the time share and the $500 a year maintenance fee, we show up. The first thing we noticed was that the place really looked run down. We went to our room, the same one we had been to the two times before and it was barren. This double suite with a kitchen is on one of the higher floors, looking south, but they no longer had glasses, utensils, forks and knives or any decent niceties like vases or anything else, unless it was bolted down. A couple hours later, we are asked to come to the front desk. We are told, we are five days late and that we have two days, but if we talk to a specialist, they might be able to accomodate us to another location, away from the ocean and the tower. The meeting was set up for the last day and they told us that unless we were willing to spend $3,000 to modify our timeshare we needed to leave. Since we don't appreciate being strongarmed we kindly refused, they kicked us out. During the two days, we had a meal there and though the food was OK, the service was not the best. The front desk was awesome and after the first day we were there, my wife and I brought back meals (hand made tacos and condiments, from the same restaurant we had just eaten at to feed over ten people. The staff was totally surprised and appreciative. Due to the greed of the management and thier give a I don't care where you flew in from attitude, I will never set foot on any part of that large resort. Their golf course and caddys were totally a blast. IMHO, I you stay at Publo Bonito Emerald Bay, if you want intimacy, though it's away from the main hotspots, or any of the many other fine resorts/hotes in Mazatlan.

They also let vendors harrass you when you are on the beach. I even had two strangers approach me about using my card so they could play the golf course. This place caters to the masses, unlike when they first opened, and it is not what it used to be.

Room Tip: Unless you get a deal to play their golf course, find another place.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear: Know BS

I deeply regret for the inconvenience we have caused concerning points you describe in your recent comment.

First of all I appreciate you for taking the time to let us know our strengths and weaknesses, as I already mentioned previously in other reviews your opinions are important to us they are essentials in order for us to continue growing in this competitive market.

We are definitely thinking about renovating our installation. This is because we recognize the importance of having modern equipment for the better experience of our customer. We are working on a project that we hope to finish next year remodeled all our rooms and general areas; we have advanced more than half of the project.

All our suites feature amenities kitchen (knives, glasses, to name a few.) We are investigating in your case why you did not have these amenities in your room with supervisor in this area.
Concerning the vendors on the beach we have security staff reinforcing on key points preventing them to have access with our guests.

I have met with executives from other departments to strengthen our special measures, as we have noted each of your comments and we are reviewing carefully.

We want to do a big effort for the inconvenience we have caused, for this we hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again and change your perspective of your last experience at El Cid Resort.

Reiterate our sincere apology and we remain at your disposal for any assistance you need.

Best Wishes,

Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

We are a part of the El Cid family and we have been going to this resort for more than five years. The people are very friendly and very attentive! Since i dont speak very much spanish, it was awesome to have a waiter that spoke wonderful english and spanish! If you ever visit this hotel, be sure to request Carlos Schmidt or Roberto as your waiter during the spectacular shows every night in the Pergola!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear: Karla M

What emotive comment. It gives me honor to know that you as part of our team.
I am very glad to know that the staff of meet your expectations and the effort of each of them made, in order to achieve customer satisfaction

Be assured that I will pass your congratulations to Carlos Schmidt and Roberto for their great job.
Thank you very much for making us part of your experience and even more for your loyalty, hope to see you again in this your home El Cid Castilla Resort.

Kind Regards,

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed at El Cid Castilla 2 times in the past 2 years. The resort has not disappointed. Definitely worth getting the all-inclusive (even though we venture all over the city for great seafood also)
Service is top notch! Housekeeping is super friendly and our room was always stocked.
Food service is awesome. On our beach & pool days we would sit wherever Francisco was because he's by far the best waiter we've had anywhere!! The food on the pool, buffet, and a la carte restaurants was great also. Every year I must have the carne asada nacho plate from concha.
What else.... The resorts pool is very large. 2 pool areas with plenty seating room. They play bingo daily. The beach is nice, lots of lounging area also. The only part I didn't enjoy is all the ppl selling stuff, but I just ignore them. I love mazatlan and will continue to go to el Cid every year!!

• Stayed March 2012
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear: Brandy C

I don't have words to express how I feel to hear that you enjoyed our services, it is always nice to know our key points to make sure our customers have a pleasant experience.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed our all inclusive in la concha restaurant our carne asada an plato de nachos were they your favorite ,as well in your room always found what you needed and kept in order thanks to the efficient work and charisma of our maid.

It's great to be able to show positive comments our staff, and at is remind them that with the proper care of our guests during their stay, we have the satisfaction of our customers. Be assured that the maid and Francisco from the food and beverage receive a great mention for their excellent job.

The team El Cid and myself will be happy to have you once again in the not too distant future. We expect to be the Hotel of your choice if you decide come to Mazatlán.

Kind Regards,

Mexico City, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is nice and has a very big pool area, but everything needs to be updated, the place is old fashioned. The hotel has a very nice beach view. Mazatlan is a great place to relax that has great local food.

• Stayed August 2012
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear: egh02

I appreciate the opportunity allows to be part of your vacation and in among options in Mazatlan you are choosing El Cid Resort.

For I can read, we need improvement in some details, we are constantly remodeling process, we have renewed some areas to mention a few, the pool in Moro and Castilla Hotel, we have also worked in our rooms. Please be assured that your feedback has been discussed with our management and service teams so that we may take the steps necessary to improve ourselves in other areas.

I look forward the opportunity to serve you again and let you know a bit more what El Cid has to offer, in our areas like clubhouse, spa, tennis, Gym, Golf etc..

In your next trip to Mazatlan we are lucky to have you with us. Feel free to contact me for any assistance.

Kind Regards!

Salvatore Sanchez

Been to El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!