“Return Trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel

Save Saved
You added El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel to your Saves list
El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Camaron Sabalo s/n, Mazatlan 82110, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #13 of 74 hotels in Mazatlan
Princeton, Canada
“Return Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

Our second trip to the el cid and my brother and his wife's first. We were just as impressed as the first time we went if not more and my brother and his wife were equally pleased.Cesar the captain of the argentian/mexican restaurant remembered us from last year and went out of his way to ensure we all had excellent dining experiences. Every other staff member we had contact with went out of their way to accommodate us. We will all return next year along with other family members.....Steve and Vicki Ball

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 29, 2011
Dear Mr. & Mrs. Ball

I appreciate you a lot for taking the time to share your experience at El Cid with other travelers, and above all, to know that we have your preference. Having satisfied and repetitive guests is our commitement, and when we read comments like yours, it gives us a tremendous happiness.

As you have experienced, our staff strive to go beyond expectations to make you have a pleasant vacation. I appreciate your recognition to the staff, particulary to Cesar.

On behalf of all the staff will be waiting for your next visit and if you need any help to plan your vacation, please feel free to contact me.

Best regards,

1,312 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
East Wenatchee, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

Spend two wonderful weeks at El Cid. Did the all-inclusive and would do it again in a heart beat. The rooms are a little tired and could stand to be updated, but they were clean and just fine. The employees at El-Cid went above and behond to be helpful and kind. Again, loved it and will go back for sure.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2011
Dear peggywhited

Thank for the time you invested in submitting your impressions, we have enjoyed reading your comments. We are privileged that you decide to spend your recent vacation with us and to know that you had a pleasant vacation, and it give us a great pleasure to know that our staff did their best effort to meet your expectations.

It will be a pleasure for us to welcome you again in our hotel.

Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

I stayed 2 nights at Catillo Beach, customer service from staff was bad, Wi-Fi not free, when checking in staff basically called me a lier they had to ask my children if there there age even after I had already told them (12 & under stay "free") when I got the room it had glasses with half beer in them like the room was used minutes before I checked in. For the price I paid I expected better service.

Room Tip: ocean view
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear nadai

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us at Castilla Beach. Our main goal is to ensure that every guest has a pleasant and memorable vacation. Following your comments, I have found that there was a misunderstanding concerning your room reservation, and for this reason our staff asked you further information upon check-in. Please accept our apologies for any discomfort this caused. With regards to the housekeeping service, I greatly appreciate you informing us. I have reinforced our service standards with the team to avoid similar occurrences in the future.

We hope to welcome your family back on a future vacation.

Best regards,

Raul Hernandez.
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

My family and I have stayed at the Castilla every year for about 5 years now, and we've had nothing but amazing times! The food is good, the entertainment is amazing, and the staff is really helpful. There is always something to do; thanks to the hilarious and awesome activities staff. What made our last trip so memorable is that one member of the activities team (Raul Hernandez) made sure that we had the time of our lives, it was so sweet! I have never been bored at this hotel, truly a fantastic place to go; I reccomend it to all. (Age is never an issue! No matter how young or old, youre guarenteed a terrific time) :)

Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2011
Dear kelsc

Thanks for writing such a thorough review of the hotel. I am delighted to hear that your time spent with us was most memorable and that you and your family enjoyed the pleasant atmosphere of the hotel. We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to read about your positive experiences in regards with thye food service and with our staff. Our team really wants to excel all the time and provide the best possible service for all guests, your comment will be even more motivating them to do so. We take pride in the personalized service and the wonderful team we have in place.

I will be sure to share your review with all of the staff and with Raul in particular, as they are always keen to get feedback about their performance directly from our guests.

I truly appreciate your continued loyalty; thank you once again for recognizing all our effort. If I can ever be of service to you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

All the best,

Auburn, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

The hotel staff are such amazing people. They really make you feel at home. The food is so amazing. I've been going there for 3 years and plan on going back. The shows and games they have you participate in are so fun. Marco, Raul, Enrique are some of the staff I met and are so funny and friendly. I never felt so great to be at one place. I will say to anyone i had nothing to complain about. The rooms are beautiful and your next to the ocean. You must visit this wonderful Hotel. I'll be back for sure.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Dear Allykat124

What a wonderful review! I'm glad to read that we continue having your preference and to note that once more you enjoyed your experience at the hotel. We're extremely grateful for the kind feedback about your stay with us. We effort in providing an excellence service and pamper our guests in order to make they feel at home away from home, I am happy to read that we achieved our goal with your experience.

Let me thank you as well, for the comments about the food and our staff, they truly are what make our hotel so different and so special. We take great pride in serving our guests and when the employees are acknowledged even better. I will share your comments with Marco, Raul and Enrique.

Once more, thank for your loyalty. If I can ever be of service to you for your future stays, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

All of us will be anxious waiting for your return.

Until soon,

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

We had been to Mazatlan 8 times already, and the best ever hotel we've stayed at is
El Cid Castilla, is so clean, food is great, and nobody can beat the intertainment, a different show everynight. I am surprise these intertainers aren't movie celebraties. Even intertainment during the day, the staff are incrediable, helpful and friendly. I cannot begin to say how much they makes you feel like family. Would we come back to this hotel? - in a heartbeat. I feel like a piece of me was left behind when we left, its a home away from home, they make you feel like family.........

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear msecreto_11

Firstly, many thanks for taking the time to share this review on Tripadvisor. Secondly, it is really pleasant to read that we have had your preference over other hotels. It is delighted as well, to know that we have been able to meet your needs, each of us who work at this company are committed in making you have a pleasant vacation, we take pride in take care of each one of your needs, I am happy that this time was no exception, a proof of this is your comment.

I will have the pleasure to share your review with all the staff members, be assured that our comments will bring a smile to them. Allow me to inform you that each one of you (our guests) are considered as part of the big family El Cid is.

We sincerely hope you give us the pleasure to pamper you again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011 via mobile

This was my first trip to mazatlan,i traveled with my family and we stayed at Castilla hotel

The hotel is beautiful,the beach is really nice and the staff is amazing !
But something to make the big diference is the activities staff ,they work for along hours and always they have a big smile ,thats really nice.
We love Raúl from the activities staff ,he is really funny and helpful.
Thanks for everything and see you again at summer

• Stayed June 2011
Dear maryland333

We thank you for your time to post this review which we really appreciate. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us at El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel and that you found our staff hospitable, especially the Activities staff, we agree with you, they do a great job to keep our guests entertained and enjoying of their stay. I will share your comments with Raul and the rest of the team.

Hoping to serve you again.

Raul Hernandez

Been to El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!