“We never miss Diego's while in Mazatlan!” 5 of 5 stars

669-986-1816
Improve this listing
Ranked #56 of 248 Restaurants in Mazatlan
Cuisines: Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Description: Diego's Beach House is an outdoors bar & restaurant that specializes in smoked ribs, grilled steaks and burgers, and fresh local seafood. Sitting right by the ocean, it's perfect for a day at the beach or you can soak in one of the two chilled water tubs. It plays folk and reggae music at day and more modern upbeat music later in the night, the atmosphere is cool and family oriented.
San Diego
“We never miss Diego's while in Mazatlan!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We never miss Diego's when we are in Mazatlan. Great location right on the beach just down from the El Cid. This place has everything you need for fun night of food, music and partying. Food is some of the best I've had in town especially the seafood and traditional Mexican dishes. Service is always friendly and the margaritas are excellent with liberal portions of tequila. The best part of Diego's is the lively bar scene which has great live music and other entertainment.

Can't wait to go back!!!

• Visited July 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Best Experience in Mazatlan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Hands down, the best food, drinks, service and ambience of our 5 days in Mazatlan. We were there celebrating a friend's birthday. We were staying at one of the resorts nearby with an all-inclusive package. At this resort, the food was ok, the drinks were not so good, and the atmosphere was just ok as well. We kept venturing out to find places with both good food & drink, and great atmosphere. We couldn't find both. That is until someone recommended Diego's to us. Our server, (Adrian) was incredible. He was able to not only answer all of our questions, but he also described menu items in such great detail that it made it so difficult to choose. Luckily for us, we were a party of 4 so we got to try many food and drink options. The ribs were very good, the guacamole and chips were the best we had eaten since arriving in Mazatlan, and the Grilled Shrimp Tacos were AMAZING! All of this, while sitting on an outdoor porch in the sand just feet from the ocean. Our whole experience on Friday was fantastic. In fact, we loved Diego's and Adrian so much, that we cut our Saturday afternoon plans short, and cancelled our Saturday night plans entirely, and went back from 3:00 - 10:00, to sit in his section on the porch, enjoying more amazing food and drinks and watch the sun set! We all agreed it was the highlight of our trip to Mazatlan. This place is genuinely good food and drinks, with a price point that can't be beat, and with some of the best ocean views in Mazatlan. Highly recommend Diego's to anyone visiting Mazatlan. And be sure to ask for Adrian!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A different kind of place in Mazatlan”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I went to this restaurant base on my sister's recommendation that lives in Mazatlan. The place is great, fresh, by the beach, with touches like two small pools, just don't let your kids out of your sigh, they are deep. The food is a combination of Texan with local seafood. I loved the hot dog that my daughter ordered, one of the best. The seafood needs a little work, not bad, but in Mazatlan it should be great. The brisket was a little dry, but the ribs were good.

I really like this place, every time I visit Mazatlan I try to go, they just have to be a little better with the seafood.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
“Great View, Good Food, Great Service, and a Lot of Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Just got back from there yesterday. Was staying at a hotel within walking distance. Came upon this place by accident. There weren't many tourists in town due to it being low season and no cruise ships in town, so you will find many places with few people in them. My friend and I went on a Monday night. We had drinks and dinner and it was great. We had ribs (fall off the bone tender) and beef I think. The lime margaritas were outstanding. My last day I had the salad, spectacular!! Waiters Diego, Carlos, Rafael rocked. They were cute, friendly and even danced with me when I asked them. They were very attentive and fun. We were there almost every night last week and the place didn't dissappoint. The sunsets over dinner were fantastic, will try and post photos later. I will definitely be going back. I miss it already.

• Visited April 2013
Washington
“Nice place, terrible service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I use to love this place, we came last year and the service was great, the food was awesome so we went again. Not the same this year... the service was slow and the restaurant was empty. The food without flavour. We were really mad with the service and there was no manager i could talk to.

• Visited April 2013