“i love Mazatlan...............” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Luna Palace Hotel / Suites

You added Luna Palace Hotel / Suites to your Saves list
Luna Palace Hotel / Suites
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Camaron Sabalo s/n, Mazatlan 82100, Mexico   |
Ranked #13 of 76 Hotels in Mazatlan
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“i love Mazatlan...............”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

A great experience, I loved the facilities and the good service especially in very friendly reception, very quiet beach and the pool clean which enjoy every moment trip with my family, and I highly recommend it, I love Mazatlan hope to return soon.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Red Deer, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

We stayed at the Luna Palace from February 26 to March 12 th 2014. Our room on the 6th floor (6008) was very comfortable an had an excellent ocean front view.

Many of the guests are people returning to the Luna Palace for multiple times, and it seemed like most people were happy with the hotel. The clientelle at the time of our visit were mostly retired people and Mexican families.

The Luna Palace is an older hotel, however the grounds are well kept and it looked like our room had been partially renovated in the recent past. The bed was very comfortable, and the furnishings were adequate. The kitchenette hot plate needs to be updated, and there could be better kitchen supplies, but it was adequate to prepare a few simple meals when we didn't feel like going out. We only ate at the on-site restaurant one time, and the food and service were fine but not outstanding. There are a number of excellent restaurants within walking distance. There are limited ammenities at the hotel, but there is all of Mazatlan to be enjoyed just outside your front door.

We would like to make special mention of our housekeeper Martha who is a very hard worker and kept our room spotless. We fould all of the staff helpful and accomodating.

Overall, we found this hotel to be comfortable and provides good value for your vacation dollar.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

We stayed a Luna Palace during Carnaval this winter and quite enjoyed ourselves. We had a kitchenette suite which allowed us to make our own breakfasts. It is a very basic kitchen set up - fridge, 2 burner cooktop, microwave, coffeemaker and toaster - but enough to get our day started without having to go out for brekkie every day. In order to use the kitchen you ahve to ask teh concierge to unlock the cabinets that have the plates, cutlery and pans. The fridge was unplugged when we got to the room but that was an easy fix for us. Our only disappointment with the room was that there were 2 double beds which made for very cozy sleeping! There seemed to be no option to have one larger bed in that type of suite. We walked the length of the beach in front of the hotel both ways which was a very pleasant 7 km. We went out to the end of the breakwater one night but were quickly turned back by the incoming tide! Be careful folks - you run the risk of being drenched! No real danger though. We went to La Katrina and Panchos and had great meals (both within walking distance). La Katrina has a wonderful singer on Wednesday evenings. The place hops when she is belting out tunes. The staff recommended Costa Marinera for dinner one evening but we weren't impressed. Uninspired IMO. All in all, Luna Palace was a nice place to hang our hats at the end of the day.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor (3006) and views were mostly obstructed by trees. Room higher up would hav...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We arrived in Mazatalan on March 1 / 2014 and were taken to the Luna Palace. Ozzie and Hydi from Prona Tours as usual were there to meet us and take us to our hotel the Luna Palace. Thank you Westjet by the way for moving us from the Oceano Palace (still under renovations) to her sister the Luna Palace you did us proud again looking out for our interests (Well Done) The Staff at the Luna Place was great except for one desk clerk named Laida she is IMO, one of the rudest people I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. I at first thought she may have been having a bad day but her attatude didn't change the whole 2 weeks we were there. There were other desk clerks that were great like Raul with his ever present smile and warmth. The Luna 's rooms are a bit outdated but so are most of the Mazatlan hotels. Our room was more then enough for us we had a Jr suite, it was clean thanks to our maid Perla who took very good care of us during our 2 week stay. The bed had a pillow top mattress, I slept like a baby. The pool was great, our pool side waiter George was great. Everything about this hotel was great. Great beach location as well can't waite to return next year. Laida just learn to smile dear your way to pretty to be rude.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Tacoma, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

We stayed at the Luna Palace in February 2014. I found the place to be very clean, the bed comfortable, king pillow top, The shower was great, lots of hot water and great pressure. The view of the ocean great from little balcony accessed by a sliding door. The pool was crystal clear. The staff was very helpful. especially a man named George who helped me through a sick day by bringing me chicken soup. I recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a good value.

Room Tip: All rooms have a great view because they all have a balcony that face the water. The lower floors th...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Peterborough, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I want to thank everyone at Luna Palace for their hospitality; they could not do enough for me, did not matter if it was the Manager, Front desk people, to the Bell boy, maid, every employee working there is fantastic. They make everyone feel like a Queen and king. I also want to say Mazatlan Mexico is one of the safest places to go. You can walk any streets anytime. I would recommend anyone to go there it is beautiful.

Room Tip: All rooms are fantastic all Ocean view
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

I stayed here with my Husband in a nice suite with a gorgeous ocean view, my Father in the suite next to us and Grandparents in another. First of all, I must say that for the price I was quite surprised, this little resort is charming, clean and updated for its age. The beach is well manicured and there were always chairs for relaxing in the sand or by the pool.

However, if you enjoy a couple evening beverages, don't rely on the one bartender to give service or faily priced drinks... I don't think charging my grandparens 200 pesos ($18 Canadian) for 2 small glasses of white wine is fair!! I feel bad saying this because he was working solo and was a very nice man however, given that we were travelling with my elderly grandparents they often only spent time at the resort in the evening and the bartender was not only hard to find but completely inconsistent with pricing and the amounts of liquir in the drinks.. I mean if you're paying $100 pesos a drink it should have alcohol in it, right??

I can list many 5 star restaurants in Mazatlan that charge under 200 pesos for a BOTTLE of wine... let alone 2 glasses.

Being a mazatlan veteran, I have spent countless vacations in Mazatlan so husband and I enjoyed the restaurants and bars and of course the corner stores nearby for drinks. I would have psent more time at the resort but it was the prices that drew me away... the resort was dead the time of year we were there (early January) so why stay for prices more than cocktails in Canada??

Restaurant tips:
--Pedro Y Lola in Machado (about a 60 peso pulmonea/taxi ride) - gorgeous restaurant in a square. Mexican meets Italy/Argentinian cuisine! A fancier restaurant about $15US a plate
--Fish Market - 1 block from Luna Palace, best seafood tacos in Mazatlan and great prices! Also a Fish Market in Old Mazatlan near Olas Atlas Inn.
--Panama for breakfast! This is a family Mazatlan restaurant chain with abnormally large portions and the most delicious Mexican comfort food you can find for a very economical price!

For buckets of beer and coctails and a view, can't beat Joe's Oyster Bar on the beach! It is about a 40 peso taxi/pulmonea ride from Luna Palace.

Overall, great holiday and experience. If you're interested in a nice place to sleep with a kitchenette ( I must say it was nice making my OWN coffee in the morning... but bring your own beans), stay at the Luna Palace as the price is great... but eat and drink elsewhere!

Room Tip: All rooms have ocean view... be sure to watch a sunset behind the island from your balcony!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Been to Luna Palace Hotel / Suites? Share your experiences!