“Relaxing stress free environment” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Luna Palace Hotel / Suites

You added Luna Palace Hotel / Suites to your Saves list
Luna Palace Hotel / Suites
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Camaron Sabalo s/n, Mazatlan 82100, Mexico   |
Ranked #17 of 76 Hotels in Mazatlan
Vancouver, Canada
“Relaxing stress free environment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

The Luna palace and staff met all our news! and more. It was a great location to be. The room was clean, the a/c worked great, free wifi, and excellent staff. It is an older place but it was not run down. We would go back.
English was a bit of a problem but we all managed to have ourselves understood.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Nicely remodeled Hotel/Condo units with great location, beach, pool, and staff. Ana in particular was on hand as we checked in, and checked back almost every day to make sure everything was to our liking and that the studio with kitchen was fully equipped and working well. We've stayed in a number of hotels and timeshares over the past 30 years in Mazatlán and the Luna is a new favorite.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I love everything about Luna Palace and cannot wait to go back to visit. The room was very clean and had a gorgeous view of the beach. It was so nice to lay down on the conformable bed and hear the sounds of the waves at night. Upon arrival the front desk attendant was incredibly helpful and made me feel at home. After checking in I went down to the amazing pool with swim up bar. I truly cannot say one bad thing about the staff as they were so helpful and friendly, one of the best experiences I have ever had with hotel staff. The beach, shopping and food are all in walking distances. Each morning I had their breakfast which was delicious and never left me disappointed. I am very much looking forward to my next trip and without a doubt will stay at Luna Palace.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Chulavista, Ca.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Hotel is a great deal for the location, pool, and restaurants near. Food was good and the service is five stars. Rooms are wonderful and clean. They make you feel at home and it's hard to leave. It is on the bus line. I would recommend this hotel for any kind of travel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed at the Luna Palace 6 years ago, returned last week and enjoyed it even more this time. The beach location is excellent, the suite was in perfect condition and the staff couldn't have been more accommodating. We had trouble accessing the WiFi from our suite, but that just meant we ignored cyberspace for awhile. Our only suggestion for improvement would be some signs telling guests to please dry off before dripping water all over the marble floors on the way to the elevator -- the floor of which often resembled a giant puddle. Like several other reviewers, we were blessed with a corner suite featuring a giant wraparound balcony...perfect for viewing sunrise and sunset. The temperature of the pool was just right, and the ambiance was tranquil and relaxing. We got an excellent deal through RCI's "Extra Vacations" and were thrilled to get so much value for so small a cash outlay. We'll definitely be back again!

Room Tip: The corner suites (401, 501, 601, etc.) are primo!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Truth or Consequences, NM
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Luna Palace is an older property that has not aged as well as some others. I had a one bedroom suite that obviously had not been opened in quite some time prior to my arrival as it had that musty/mildewy smell to it. Water pressure was barely adequate in the bathrooms and hot water was in short supply. There is no on-site fitness facility, despite the hotel's claims in their advertising - you have to go to their sister hotel to use a fitness facility.

My suite had a kitchenette of sorts that the hotel required me to deposit $200MXN before they'd unlock, presumably so I wouldn't steal their 25 year old scratched up cookware or a couple of bent forks. Hotel required another $100MXN deposit to give me two TV remote controls. I found this to be a bit insulting from a customer perspective but YMMV.

WiFi was free and generally very good, television reception was some of the worst I've ever encountered and judging by their design the TVs were probably purchased in the 1980s. (The fact that the hotel values the remote controls at roughly $4.00 each should be illustrative.)

Lots of rain during the week I was there and that brought out ants in the room. (To be fair, I'm relatively certain this was not limited to this hotel only but it's something to realize going in, IMO.) Pool area is small but adequate and adjacent to the beach. Front desk will print your airline boarding pass for you. I didn't eat in the restaurant as there are many dining options within a short walk/bus ride away.

I'll give a shout out to Brianda at the front desk....very helpful, very friendly, great communication skills, good sense of humor. Seek her out if you need information, help, or just a pleasant greeting.

Overall, if you're on a tight budget but would still like a good location within the tourist zone then Luna Palace is one option. If you are looking for value AND comfort, I'd consider other options.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Tacoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This was our first trip to Mazatlan and we were very pleased with the Luna Palace. It is in a great location, right on the beach, within walking distance of many restaurants, convenience stores, and an ATM. Our rooms had 2 queen size beds in the bedroom and 2 twins in the living room. There was a nice kitchen so we bought drinks, coffee, and some food, especially for breakfast and snacks. We had to pay a deposit to unlock the kitchen cabinets but we were fine with that. The room was kept very clean. There were 2 complete bathrooms. In the master bath, there was a window that was easily observable from the balcony of another room above, which made me a little uncomfortable. I would recommend the management put some kind of covering over it. We were approached several times about hearing about their timeshare opportunities but it was not a hard-sell, which we appreciated. There is an outdoor restaurant across the street that makes fresh fruit smoothies, which we got for breakfast some days. We had a corner room so had a deck that overlooked the ocean and wrapped around to overlook the pool area. It was perfect! The deck is narrow but big enough for a few chairs. I would also suggest that the deck furniture be updated, it was very uncomfortable, but again, no big deal. We just pulled out a couple of chairs from inside.
We were pleasantly surprised and would stay there again. We had no trouble with noise as some reviews have said.

Room Tip: We had room 601 (I'm pretty sure). It had a great view of the ocean and a large deck.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Luna Palace Hotel / Suites? Share your experiences!