“Affordable, Comfortable, Good Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Luna Palace Hotel / Suites

You added Luna Palace Hotel / Suites to your Saves list
Luna Palace Hotel / Suites
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Camaron Sabalo s/n, Mazatlan 82100, Mexico   |
Ranked #10 of 76 Hotels in Mazatlan
Los Angeles, California
“Affordable, Comfortable, Good Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I googled tons of places prior to my vacation. I settled on Luna Palace and I am so glad I did! My stay was more than affordable. I was thinking it would be bug infested or run down because of how much I was saving not going with other, more fancier hotels. But, I was wrong! There were a few ants when I left some food out, but as long as I cleaned up after myself, there was no issue. The staff was friendly and nice. My room had a small kitchen which was great because it really cut down on eating out everyday. There was a fresh fruit and veggie market a few blocks up. The hotel is right on the beach. My room faced the ocean, which was perfect! I got to wake up and fall asleep to the sound of waves and watch the sunset every night. The pool is big and clean. I'll definitely be back!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the ocean!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
San Diego, USA.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The staff was on top of everything, the rooms are very clean. The front desk were glad to help you with directions anywhere you want to visit in Maza. The service was extremely personal and friendly. Book online for the best deal.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
San Francisco, USA.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We just got a pleasant holiday in Mazatlan. we had made a reservation at another hotel initially, unfortunately on arrival was not what we expected, so we arrived at Luna Palace and had everything... suite was large, the beds extremely comfortable, very clean, had a small balcony with beautiful ocean view. We enjoyed the trip to Stone Island, also the Plazuela Machado in old Mazatlan. Overall the hotel is small but very private and excellent service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Duncan, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Upon arrival I got switched here from my reservation at Oceano Palace and expected the worst. I was SOOO wrong. Great room, great view, wonderful pool, wonderful service. And since I am afraid of heights they honoured my original request for a low floor. The WiFi antenna is at the pool so I got WiFi in my room and everywhere else.
The front desk woman was a multitasking wonder. Give her a raise. Ivan thank you. Jorge, my grandson still remembers you in his nightly "happy thoughts" and you made my stay a joy.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Victoria, B.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We were passing by Mazatlan on our drive back to Canada - and decided to take a break and check out Mazatlan. After cruising the hotel strip, we randomly chose Luna Palace - and were really pleased with our stay there. The front desk invited us to take a look at the rooms that were available (gave us a choice of 3); the one we chose looked out over the pool and ocean, was roomy, clean - and even had a small counter/kitchen area that would've made it easy to prep snacks-fresh fruit, cheese and crackers, etc. etc. We went down to the pool area and enjoyed a refreshing swim in the pool, chatted with some Mexican hotel guests who were returning from the States, and enjoyed a cerveza as we watched the sun slowly set. Later we ate dinner in the hotel restaurant, enjoying a tasty grilled fish dish and chicken fajitas. We found the staff friendly, the hotel comfortable and the food good - we happily recommend this hotel to
vacationers. Small side note - we had to pay cash upfront for drinks at the pool - no process for charging them to our room....remember to bring some pesos with you when you head to the pool area.

Room Tip: The rooms with balconies overlooking the water are lovely
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, EEUU
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Staff was over the top helpful and knowledgeable. Beds extremely comfortable. Very clean. Balcony allowed fresh air, nice pool area, this hotel was exactly what I was looking for. everything was great.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
ferordaz, General Manager at Luna Palace Hotel / Suites, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Hello Geo O

I appreciate your feedback is very important to us and that the hotel was what you are looking for and its good to hear from you we have covered your expectations in quality and service,we hope to see you again soon

Manager