“Great resort on the beach” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Palms Resort Of Mazatlan

Save Saved
You added The Palms Resort Of Mazatlan to your Saves list
The Palms Resort Of Mazatlan
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Camaron Sabalo No. 696 | Zona Dorada, Mazatlan 82100, Mexico   |
Ranked #15 of 76 Hotels in Mazatlan
Bangor, Maine
“Great resort on the beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

$80 bought a 4th floor ocean front room with a balcony. Plenty of hot water and pressure made for a great shower. Good internet service, friendly staff. The manager met us when we arrived. The staff are always cleaning and working on the grounds.
Sadly, Mazatlan has had a drop in tourism - this resort was much less busy than when we were here 6 years ago.
There's a nice pool, swim up bar, laundry, coffee makers in the rooms. I'll come back again and stay here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
winnipeg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My wife and I (both seniors) have just had another wonderful month's vacation at The Palms Resort (previously Holiday Inn Sunspree). We've been going to Mazatlan for 25 years to escape our Winnipeg (Canada) winters and discovered this hotel 10 years ago. We wouldn't stay anywhere else now! Our children and grandchildren have vacationed with us also at this hotel and they all love it. Something to do for every age. The location is great, no noise, the hotel is always quiet after dinner, pools and grounds are immaculately maintained, the beach is good, sunsets are magnificent, staff are friendly and guaranteed you'll never regret staying here. One criticism - the beds are hard. The breakfast and lunch menus are very good but the dinner menu is, let's say, adequate but the hotel is trying to improve on this point. Rates are very good so splash out a little more and get an ocean view room.

Barry Hadfield and family
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Room Tip: Room rates are very affordable so splash out and get an ocean view room. You'll never regret it.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
vancouver
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times in the past when it was the Holiday Inn Sunspree. Nothing has changed since it has become independant - other than the fact that on my last stay on Feb 11th 2013 for 1 night - I got 7 budbug bites for the first time in my 35 years of traveling through many different countrys. Whats worse is I did not know that it had happened until I was on my flight home and my legs started to get really itchy and could do nothing about it for 4 hours until I landed. I have emailed the hotel 2 times with no response from them. So I unfortunaley have to write this poor review to alert other travellers about my experience. This is a nice property but not worth getting bedbug bites at all!!

Sorry Palms Hotel you have lost all my future hotel stays when i am in Mazatlan on business!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This Hotel is located within the Gold Zone, where all the action is. Most Condo's in Mazatlan are in remote locations and require a car or taxi to go to shops and restaurants. This Hotel is located right on the beach with a beautiful infinity pool overlooking the Pacific. It's priced right with good food and drinks.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We loved The Palms! The hotel is very nice and clean, with a really friendly staff. We often ate at other restaurants around Mazatlan, but the oasis restaurant on property is very good!! We loved all of the bartenders and loved just lounging out on the beach or by the pool. The hotel is also walking distance from many restaurants and shops. Overall, great experience!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Wasilla
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I was planning on staying w/a friend at her condo and a last minute change of plans put me in the Palms Resort for 10 fabulous nights. I was by myself and felt very safe. The young staff at the reception were so accommodating considering my Spanish was horrible. Mexican eggs on the patio dinning room was less than $7.00 and Margaritas during happy hour at the pool from 4pm to 7pm were less than $3.00. The wait staff was friendly and efficient. My room had firm and soft pillows that were marked. The kitchenette had a micro wave, small fridge, coffe pot and sink w/a few dishes. Only thing missing was the wine glasses. I was able to purchase bottled drinking water at a reasonable price at the small store. During the Mazatlan Marathon the hotel filled with interesting people including a very well behaved teen group. You can walk the beach in front of the hotel for miles each direction.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 6th floor facing the ocean; it is right at palm tree level, so make sure you can see...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I really like staying here. It used to be the Holiday Inn Sunspree. Name changed sometime in the late summer or early fall. Most of the same staff is there. They are doing some upgrading but it is not intrusive. This is not a busy hotel and that works for me. I love lying by the pool or under one of that thatched palapas (spelling) and relaxing, reading and enjoying the sea breezes. I always opt for an ocean view room. The sound of the surf is wonderful. Yes, the beds are hard as rocks but that works for me. The rooms are of good size. Stone floors do make the sound carry though. There are just two restaurants; one inside for breakfast with patio seating available and then from lunch time to around ten at night, the outdoor Oasis which is right on the beach. Perfect place to have a beverage as you watch the sunset. If you want a quiet day by the pool or beach this is the place. Oh, sure they do have the occaisional birthday party or convention, but they don't last all day.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to The Palms Resort Of Mazatlan? Share your experiences!