This is the third time we have stayed at this Holiday Inn. Prior to this visit, our complaints were few and far between. However, on this visit there were some choices made by the management that affected our enjoyment of the property.
First, the positives. The grounds are immaculately kept, and the entire pool/beach area is perfect for us. Nice big infinity pool, plenty of seating, good mix of sun and shade. The staff is outstanding. Particularly, Sebastian in the pool area and Arturo at the door. Sebastian knew all of our names and room numbers by the second time we ordered from him. Very prompt and friendly service--cannot say enough good things about him! Similarly, Arturo is quick to offer help with anything you might need, from baggage assistance to directions to restaurant recommendations!
On the negative side, the most grating issue is the beds. I have heard that mattresses are firm across Mexico, but these are truly awful. It was very difficult to stay asleep. It literally felt like sleeping on cement.
The management made some decisions that were a little iffy, in my opinion. First, one afternoon was the birthday party of one of the owners' kids. This party took up half of the pool area and lasted all afternoon. There was a very loud MC narrating games for the kids almost the entire time. It was very distracting and made us feel like intruders in the pool area.
Second, there was some tile work that needed to be done in the pool area. The management's solution to this was having a man jackhammer the tile for hours several afternoons in a row. I understand it needs to be done at some point, but it was at prime pool-hours while many people were trying to relax. The jackhammer made that difficult.
Finally, a robotics conference was happening during our stay. The hotel was very full of conference attendees, many of whom looked college-aged. These guests partied very hard, and made no attempt to refrain from yelling, slamming doors, and drunk dialing our room repeatedly at 3 AM. We had to actually disable our phone to prevent these calls. When we reported this, the staff seemed very unconcerned, and made no attempt to control the rowdy guests. Our whole party got very little sleep while the conference attendees were there.
Problems aside, we still enjoyed our stay here. I would just like to see the management take their guests' comfort into better consideration in the future.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Mazatlan Hotel Mazatlan
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Mazatlan Hotel
- Holiday Inn Mazatlan
- Mazatlan Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Mazatlan
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palms Resort of Mazatlan is located on the beautiful beaches of Mazatlan, in front of the three islands in the golden zone, and it posses a Mexican architecture with elements of Mexico.Location is the most important for a great vacation. Our guest love our location on the beach, the gardens, the infinite pool, pool bar, and comfortable rooms that invite you to relax.The perfect vacation at Mazatlan starts with a sun set, pacific tropical breeze and beaches with warm and crystal clear water. Rest in your personal oasis of comfort after a sunny day of recreation.All our rooms offer all the comfort that our guest need, with beds incredible comfortable.Enjoy our delicious gastronomic variety and cocktails in our restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Olotels, Priceline, Booking.com, Venere, Expedia and HotelsClick so you can book your The Palms Resort Of Mazatlan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.