“A beautiful resort.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Resort Mazatlan

Save Saved
You added Ramada Resort Mazatlan to your Saves list
Ramada Resort Mazatlan
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Playa Gaviotas #100 | Zona Dorada, Mazatlan 82110, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Best Rate Guaranteed
Ranked #22 of 75 hotels in Mazatlan
Airdrie, Canada
“A beautiful resort.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

I visited this resort in 1997 and wasn't disappointed when I returned this year. I had great memories of the room, the lobby, the pool, the beach and the service. My experience this time did not fail any memory. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was spotless, the lobby was clean and quiet (and the best place to get wi-fi). I would stay there again and again!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

95 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

Staff and facility were fantastic. the beach area was great with a remarkable staff to take care of you while basking in the sun. we had a double room and was enough room for the 4 of us. had 2 teenage boys and they throughly enjoyed themselves. we were within walking distance of convenient stores and lots of eating establishments. we felt very safe during the stay . the price was a steal for the enjoyment we received and the hospitality by everyone .

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Edmonton, Canada

We stayed at the Ramada Mazatlan from Mar 5-19. We had a one bedroom King Suite
with a sofa bed unit on the 8th floor. There was a balcony with a ocean view, living room
area, small kitchen area with a coffee pot, toaster, microwave, and small sink.

The front desk people and hotel staff were always very friendly and helpful. The restaurant and bar on site were great for when we didn't feel like walking down the block to buy food and drinks.

The hotel itself is in a good location, an easy walk to restaurants, grocery stores, and shopping.

We had a very good stay at the Ramada again as they had great rooms, and friendly staff. This hotel does not get many reviews but we though it was very nice and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

I was puzzled why there were so few reviews of Mazatlan before I left on my vacation. I quickly found out why -- there's no one there. Tourism must be down 90%. The only people there are Mexicans because of the violence in the area. It's very sad and many hotels, shops and restaurants will be closing in the coming year.

The Ramada was a great place to stay. It's in a perfect location close to the Malecon and the Golden Zone. I know the area well and have no problem saying the Ramada has the best location in Mazatlan.

The room had two double beds and a balcony. Everything was clean and the room had A/C and a hairdryer. Everything worked and the beds were comfortable (but not soft). The pool was good but a hot tub would be nice. The area around the pool was good and you can get ice from the bar. The beach in front of the hotel is great and you can get a shaded cabana no problem, because there is no one there. I visited at the height of the tourist season and there were maybe 20 people in the hotel, most of them Mexican.

The best part of the Ramada is that it's connected to Joe's Oyster Bar. It's the best place in Mazatlan for a drink in the afternoon. There is some noice from Joe's and the bar across the street but it didn't bother us in the slightest.

The only complaint I would have is the two computers where they have free internet, they're brutally slow.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

We stayed at the Ramada Mazatlan from Feb 10-19. There we three couples in our group and when we got there they had us all in King rooms. They were nice but the view was blocked by the trees so we asked for other rooms and they absolutely bent over backwards to get each of us in the rooms we wanted. We actually chose the two queen bed rooms with balconies as they are larger than the king rooms. The rooms were very nice. The beds we soft and they even had flat screen TVs even though we hardly watched anything. The front desk people were always very friendly and helpful. The restaurant there serves very good food also for breakfast and lunch. we never ate dinner there so can't speak to that. The beach in front of the hotel is some of the best in the whole golden zone in my opinion and I have stayed at several different locations. The only negative is the noise you hear from Joe's Oyster Bar but it really didn't keep us awake. You can hear the music though so if that might bother you take earplugs or drink more!!!!! We had a very good stay and we will certainly come back to the Ramada again as they had great rooms, firendly staff, and the best beach in the area. This hotel does not get many reviews but we though it was very nice and would recommend to anyone.

Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2011

We spent two nights here in a standard room with king-sized bed. The room was a little small with no balcony. At the front desk they offered me a double queen room at the same rate whith they said was a better room, but I wanted the king bed. My sisters were in a double queen room nearby, and their room was bigger and had a balcony. One advantage our king room had over the other was that we had a full tub - a nice large size to lay down and soak, which came in handy when the weather was rather chilly.

The hotel is located just a couple blocks from the Malecon, and it was great to be able to go there for our morning walks. As a matter of fact, if the Ramada wasn't so terribly noisy at night I would be tempted to stay there more often just for the advantage of being so close to the Malecon. I will consider other motels along the Malecon in the future.

The noise I'm talking about was the music from Joe's Oyster Bar, and it has been mentioned in other reviews. It goes on until 3 in the morning or so. If you picture yourself partying that late, then the noise won't bother you. Otherwise, I would suggest bringing ear plugs. My husband used earplugs the second night, but I was so exhausted from the first sleepless night that I was able to sleep like a baby the second night.

We were fortunate to have booked at a special rate which included free breakfast, and I thought the breakfast buffet offered was very nice and exceeded my expectations. They had eggs cooked to order as well as fresh fruit, yogurt, assortment of sweet rolls, toast upon request, and a variety of Mexican goodies such as chilaquiles, refried beans and much, much more. There was something for everyone.

There are lots of great restaurants nearby, so be sure to check them out. We especially liked Panama for casual dining.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

Had an 8th floor two bedroom, two bathroom unit with ocean views from both bedrooms. There was a balcony, a living room area, dining area, and kitchen complete with a fridge, sink, microwave, electric frying pan and all the dish-ware/cookware needed to enjoy some meals at home. Then again, with several taquerias around the corner serving tacos for around a buck, why bother?

The place was gorgeous and very minimalist in terms of decoration. I personally really appreciated the fact that, from the travertine floors and bathrooms to every marble surface (right down to the nightstand and dining room table), the entire apartment could be scrubbed from top to bottom. Even the furniture used indoor/outdoor fabrics. The bedding was great with a sheeted comforter (my favorite since they can be changed between guests) and plenty of pillows. Housekeeping was great. They are paid nearly exclusively on tips and went out of their way to keep the apartment tidy; even washing dishes.

The pool and beach area were fantastic. I saw a negative review on another site and can't understand why someone was disappointed. The staff around the pool were polite and helpful and the small roped in area on the beach contained a dozen or so thatch umbrellas to relax in the shade and watch the beach scene go by. My only conclusion is that arrogant and rude people are treated poorly by hotel staff no matter where they go. Regardless, the beach faces Deer Island and a second pristine beach on the adjacent island is just a short kayak ride away. Simply beautiful.

The spa on site was great and less than half the price of the Pueblo Bonita timeshare property spas (i.e. the place the timeshare sales people harass you about incessantly as you walk around the golden zone). The restaurants and bars on site were great for when we didn't feel like walking down the block to buy a pastry, drinks and some fruit and the rooftop areas were great for watching sunsets and relaxing in the evenings.

The hotel itself is in an ideal location; right at the start of the Malacon connecting the golden zone and the historic city center and within an easy walk to restaurants, grocery stores, and shopping. Joe's Oyster Bar and the Bora Bora nightclub are both literally next door. You can hear the music at night but the A/C units in the bedrooms were more than sufficient to mask the noise in order to sleep. Overall, a perfect stay.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Ramada Resort Mazatlan? Share your experiences!