“Quiet and homey” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Apartments Fiesta

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mazatlan
Apartments Fiesta
Ibis 502 at Rio de la Plata, Mazatlan 82110, Mexico   |
Ranked #40 of 75 hotels in Mazatlan
Boise, Idaho
“Quiet and homey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

We stayed at the Fiesta Apts for 2 weeks in Nov and Dec. 2013. Yolanda is a sweet heart and Robert is as nice a person as you could want. In reading some of the previous reviews I think there was some confusion over the price of the units does not include maid service. We knew that before we arrived and took care of cleaning and doing dishes on our own.I don't think you will find a better value in Mazatlan. We know you will not find any nicer people than Yolanda and Robert.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

11 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

The apartments Fiesta are located in the Golden Zone, in the residential area of Gaviotas.
Their complex is at the end of two streets Ibis and Rio de La Plata. It is usually quiet and relaxing in the garden where I enjoy surfing the internet, reading a book, or my favorite taking a nap.
The owners are fantastic, very nice and always helpful.
All the apartments and grounds look like a Mexican Pueblo, clean, well decorated, rustic, pleasant with great rates. it is place where I can fully relax, forget about my problems and feel safe.
The units include all you need for cocking, fully furnished, fans, equipped with mini splits.
I first visited Mazatlan with my parents in the 70's, now my children and I have stayed at the Apts. Fiesta every time, no need to go any where else.

Room Tip: Get a two bedroom, more space and two complete bathrooms!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Eaton, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Feb 2013 I stayed here with friends who have stayed here for years. This is not a luxury hotel with amenities. This is a nice , inexpensive , quaint , quiet place to stay only a few blocks from the ocean. I traveled alone so I stayed in one of the smaller units and it was perfect. It had a kitchenette, sofa , bed , bathroom with shower. There were towels , Kitchen accessories and I was a bit chilled so I asked for an extra blanket. The owners are very nice people ! They were always working on the garden which was just beautiful. There are 2 entrances and the pedestrian one takes you straight to the beach and the Golden Zone where the bars and restaurants are. This was my second visit to Mazatlan and I always felt completely safe there and they people are just wonderful. I took a ride in a pulmonia (taxi) for a few hours and saw the sites. I took a whale watching tour. If you go down to the beach go see Cesar and rent a boat or a jet ski or canoe ...or set up a fishing trip. I would never hesitate to visit again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I been staying at the Apartamentos Fiesta in Mazatlan for many years.
It makes me feel as if I was at home, the staff are friendly and helpfulI, reasonanable prices, love the garden and the mexican rustic decoration.
The units are very cozzy, comfortable and original, not like the hotels in the Golden Zone that all look alike with no soul.
You can barbeque in the garden or cook in your own apartment.
The complex is very quiet, near the beach, it is a few blocks from the main drag, away from the noise of the bars and vehicles,
If you are into relaxing and having a great Mexican vacation, look no more.

Room Tip: Choose a unit with a terrace. They have secure parking.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Upon arriving and meeting Linda the first words out of her mouth were " I didn't realize you were so young..." Although that didn't stop her from taking our money. I felt insulted right off the bat as we saved our pennies and are living in Mexico for over 3 months.
Upon our arrival we were given strict rules on the protocol of Fiesta Apartments. We stayed at Fiesta for 1 month.....
No noise passed 10:00pm, which we understood.....however no one else that stayed there while we were there seemed to be given these rules as their were party goers drinking outside our window until 5:00am for 5 days in a row. It was Semana Santa in which partying is a 24 hour ordeal, however there was no respect for those that need to sleep. As the windows in the bedroom face the courtyard and do not close properly, EVERY noise could be heard.
Once the party goers left, a nice concrete water feature project started at 6:45am and lasted for 12 days while the two dogs barked day and night the entire 27 days we were there.

Yes it is close to the beach, but the apartment we stayed in had small bugs in the kitchen and there was no such thing as water pressure in the shower. It took 13 minutes for the water in our place to become bearable.

Upon checking out, Yolanda (who owns the place) accused us of leaving the air conditioner running 24/7, even though I assured her that we had more respect for the place than that. She was incredibly rude and stormed away from me without saying good-bye or even thank- you for giving her over $600.
Overall, I would NOT recommend Fiesta Apartments as there are cleaner, quieter and cheaper places in Mazatlan.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Saskatchewan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

We have just returned from 7 weeks in Mazatlan at the Fiesta Apartments. Last year we stayed for 5 weeks and next year we hope to stay longer. One of the great things about the Fiesta is the location: only a 2 minute walk from the beach, but far enough off the main roads to be quiet and peaceful. Our apartment was clean, comfortable, and had everything we needed, but one of the best things about the complex is the series of courtyards and greenery that are woven into it, not to mention the tiles, rocks and authentic decor throughout. Whether enjoying our morning coffee, sitting on the swing reading a book, sharing "happy hour" with our neighbours, or having our own little "fiesta" in the barbecue area, we enjoyed the common areas every day. Yolanda, Linda and Robert are warm and friendly people who are happy to share tips on places to eat, shop or visit, plus they are constantly asking what they can do to make your stay more enjoyable. If you are looking for a 5 star experience, this is not it, but if you want to truly feel like you are experiencing a part of Mexico, this is a wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: Check out the photos and descriptions of the rooms on the website for a better look at what you will...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Menlo Park, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2009

Fiesta Apartments was a nice oasis away from the street vendors and Americanized hotels in Mazatlan. It was very spacious with unique details -- like the stone sculptured shower in the bath. There was a lovely garden and it was back from the main street and quiet. Yolanda was very kind and took good care of us the weekI was there over Christmas break. If you want to stay in the Golden Zone but still retain some authentic Mexico, Fiesta Apartments is the place to stay!

• Stayed December 2008, traveled solo

Been to Apartments Fiesta? Share your experiences!