“Emporio Mazatlan 2011” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Emporio Mazatlan

Save Saved
You added Emporio Mazatlan to your Saves list
Emporio Mazatlan
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Avenida Camaron Sabalo No. 51 | Zona Dorada, Mazatlan 82110, Mexico   |
Ranked #32 of 76 Hotels in Mazatlan
Los Angeles, California
“Emporio Mazatlan 2011”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

My family and I went down to Mazatlan for a reunion. Our relatives that live there recommended the Emporio as the place to stay. I am sure glad we listened to them! It was amazing. The hotel is located in the Golden Zone near shopping, clubs, and is right on the beach. it is a beautiful hotel. The rooms are spacious and very modern. We enjoyed lounging in the hamacks and cabanas by the pool. The food was so yummy! I think I gained 5 lbs. but I could not help myself. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone visiting Mazatlan.

Room Tip: The standard rooms are very nice. My aunt got a Jr. Suite that had a great sitting area. All the roo...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Revenue M, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Emporio Mazatlan, responded to this review, March 16, 2012
we appreciate all your comments and we are very happy to know you enjoy your time with us,

we hope to see you again soon,

Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

Just got back from a trip to Mazatlan to plan our wedding for June 2012. We have stayed at the Emporio last year and it just keeps getting better. They finished the construction on a new banquet room and gym. The restaurant is better than we remembered it. The quality of the food was amazing. Location wise we could not have asked for a better spot-the view and convenience to shops & the clubs.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
All the Staff appreciate all your comments and we are very happy to know you enjoy your time with us,

we hope to see you again soon as our guest,
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

The rooms are very dirty, had BLOOD SPLATTERS on the bathroom wall, also had MILDEW on the bedroom courtains, it was a very DISGUSTING experience!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Our commitment is to serve all our guests and provide the most satisfying accomodations for you to enjoy your trip.

We already fixed details on the rooms mentioned and we really desire you come back and give us another chance.

On behalf of the hotel staff receive a warm greeting.

We hope you back soon.
Spruce Grove, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a week, i won a bikini competition and this hotel was the upgraded all inclusive hotel that came with the package. Food and drinks were all inclusive. The first few days we had a strange smell in our room and there was a dead cucarocha in under the sink. Its right on the beach near some nice tide pools. Its located near the end of the gold zone which is the main tourist area. its just a short walk to anything you could want. The food was very goo and the buffet even was good. Dont expect a million options. We had fresh fruit for breakfast and juice and coffee. No complaints, When we asked for a different room we were moved immediately and accomadated nicely, the staff were friendky and helpful. the Hot tub was usually too full tho..

• Stayed March 2010
mazatlan_revenue, General Manager at Emporio Mazatlan, responded to this review, March 16, 2011
Thank you very much for your comments about Emporio. we apologize for the inconveniences in your room during your stay wiht us..and let me tell you we offering now a different kind of buffet with more options for you and a renovated Restaurant where you can enjoy a delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet..

Thank you again we really apreciate your comments and we hope to see you soon as our guest.

Red Deer, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2010

On my last trip to Mexico, I picked the Emporio Mazatlan based on one thing- it was the lowest price hotel that I could book through expedia at the time. I was expecting a mexican 3 star hotel, and I found it to be much more. The hotel looked a little rough from the outside as my airport shuttle dropped me off, but this was because they were nearing the end of a very big renovation. The rooms, however, were fabulous, if a bit on the small side. There was ample room for me as a single traveller, but I could see how it could be a bit cramped for two. Everything else about the room was excellent. The bed was as comfortable and the bed linens were as luxurious as at the Delta hotels. The hotel has an interesting layout, and a small elevator. However, the staircases were actually ramps that were very accessible. I had purchased the European plan.The meals from the restaurant were reasonably priced, and all the products that were used were very fresh. The bar was closed for renovation, but drinks were served at the restaurant. I didnt find it noisy at all, but my room did not face the street. The staff were all very friendly, there was no one pushing timeshares, and it had great access to the beach. When the renos are finished, this will be an excellent destination. All in all, a very good experience, and I will definitely be staying at the Emporio on my next trip to Mazatlan.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
EmporioMazatlan, Director General at Emporio Mazatlan, responded to this review, August 9, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate your comment,

We appreciate that you are sharing your experience in Emporio Mazatlan and we hope to see you again.

Than you for you preference,

Chihuahua
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2009

The rooms are fine and all the personnel is very kind. On the other hand its noisy they are constructing all around (it's easy to get a pneumatic hammer pounding at the other side of the window) There was just a small pool available and the parking lot is also very small. The internet is hard to get, no wireless, at the business center only, not available at night and sometimes neather at day.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
mazatlan_revenue, General Manager at Emporio Mazatlan, responded to this review, January 7, 2011
Dear Fernando,

Thank you for the time to sharing your comments about Emporio, All the personal in Emporio Want to apologize about all the inconveniences in your stay with us, Let me share with you that we have a New Installations, Al the rooms were totally renovated and now we have the 2 pools available and Now we have a New business Center with new equipment and high speed internet.

I hope you give us the opportunity to have you as our guest again.

Lake Arrowhead, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2009

Four days of tranquility, good service, friendly staff, and an overall attitude of accomodation and safety for all us scared visitors who venture to Mazatlan! This hotel is secure! The staff amazingly watchful, caring and sincere. The hotel mgr, Eduardo, makes his guests' needs a priority. From the housekeeper to the front desk to the concierge to the restaurant to the valet to the taxi driver - I never once felt apprehensive. I am a 61 year old single lady who traveled alone. Toured all of Mazatlan (almost always on the "Pulmonia" mobile which is a kick), a financially stable and growing Mexican city that impressed me enough to consider retirement there. Absolutely fabulous seafood for a song! Gone are the pathetic stray dogs, mosquitos, time-share hounds, beggars, and sewer smells. It's not yet overrun with Americans and still is true to its Mexican culture and richness. The coastline is only dotted with high rise hotels. Tipping is actually appreciated. No rip-offs. Spring-breakers few (thanks for the warning US gov) so it was enjoyable all around. Mexican employees still sing to themselves as they work in Mexico which is enough to get me to move there. Three more days was needed!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
EmporioMazatlan, General Director at Emporio Mazatlan, responded to this review, April 15, 2010
All the staff in Emporio Mazatlan can to thank you for all your comments, we are working everyday to be better and can offer you a hotel renovated where you will can enjoy with your family and friends,

We hope to see soon in Emporio Mazatlan.

Been to Emporio Mazatlan? Share your experiences!