“Safe Clean Exciting ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Las Flores Beach Resort

You added Las Flores Beach Resort to your Saves list
Las Flores Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. Playa Gaviotas 212 | Zona Dorada, Mazatlan 82110, Mexico   |
Ranked #26 of 76 Hotels in Mazatlan
Seattle, Washington
“Safe Clean Exciting ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Found this fine place on our free day from Carnival Miracle at Mazatlan. Very good location and staff willing to provide service. Right on the beach with attentive staff and plenty of opportunity to interact with beach vendors. Menu is solid with pacifico and corona available by the bucket. If you are adventurous and want water sports - they are all very close and very cheap (almost free)! Highly recommend.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel three times over the past 20. years. I'm fact after our first visit we purchased a time share that we owned for 15 years. Slowly over time we just weren't using the time share and it was just as cheap to buy the hotel/flight than it was to keep up with the annual maintenance fees. Therefore we let it go. This was the first time we have returned since then and 5 years after we no longer owned it.

The hotel itself had great beds and just as nice views. It was right on the water and within walking distance of everything you could want within the golden zone.
The bar was small and eating area but did well for us. There is a nice hotel next door that you could eat at or many others within a small walk. We live the hotel and location but it wasn't really a family type hotel.
We have experienced the calmer waters on the Caribbean side and after that will likely never return to puerta Vallarta or Mazatlan only because the beaches are no comparison through no fault of anyone or anything at this hotel!
Staff was amaZing. The vendors were crazy but personally we lived that part about Mexico in General.
So d
For a cheaper (than the clear waters) get away this can be your place! Obviously when we had nothing to conspire it to we went a half dozen times!

Stayed October 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I've stayed at Las Flores many times in the past but it has been over 20 years since i had been back to stay. Ironically, it is exactly as I remembered it. The rooms with 2 beds and a kitchenette are basically the same although they've reconstructed it a bit. The kitchenette is now more limited however it does provide a wall between the sleeping area and common space area. The location is still the best on the beach and in the heart of everything. servers in the restaurant are great. Breakfast and lunch are good but I'd go to Poncho's next door for dinner. Housekeeping team is great - rooms are clean. We did get ants in the kitchen however. Internet is $4 per day. A little surprised at this. But to have a great room on the beach in the great location for a moderate price makes up for the minimal internet fee. The beds are rock hard. I don't think I got a good nights sleep during our stay due to the beds. If in Mazatlan again, i'd stay but I hope they invest in new beds.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I had stayed at the Las Flores hotel 4 years ago, so I knew what to expect in someways and wanted a room with a kitchenette - hence the fact I chose to stay here again.

I stayed on the 3rd floor in an Oceanfront Studio room that comes with 2 double beds and a small kitchenette.

The rooms are slightly outdated and in need of a pick me up - IE the chipped tiles on the walls - but were kept incredibly clean by the housekeeping staff.

Pros: * The location! You are in the heart of the Golden Zone so close enough to walk to anything near by OR close enough to catch a bus to get downtown/to Olas Atlas. YOu are right on the beach, so you cannot get any better than that.
* The view from the Oceanfront rooms. Amazing to sit on the balcony watching the sunset or just watch the beach (Although the birds that perched on the balconies and defecated all over them left something to be desired - but could not be helped)
* The pools were warm enough for me - which I had heard others complaining about. Clean and perfect for a quick dip to cool down.
* The Airconditioning is excellent. It was quite hot when I was there but was very comfortable in the room.
* Noise - there was none. I had neighbours to both sides of me and never heard them.

Cons: * The wifi is NOT free as advertised when I booked on their website and the site I booked the hotel from. Cost is 40 peso per day (just under $4).
* The shower had no hot water. If I showered in the morning, it was fine.. after that? Luke warm to cool.. Refreshing after a day in the sun? Maybe.. But not impressive at any rate.
* There were tiny bugs all over the bathroom sink area and kitchenette area. I found if I kept the sink plugs in, it was better - however, could not leave any food items (like baked goods from the bakery) out on the counter or the bugs were into them.
* The site I booked with had a deal for a free American breakfast - upon arrival the front desk staff glazed over that on my reservation print out and when I asked, asked me to come back later for the coupons... When I CAME back, they gave me ONE coupon (rather than daily as I think the reservation offered). The day I USED the coupon, I chose the American breakfast from the menu. It was alright - as all of the food at the restaurant, not amazing but not bad. When I presented the coupon, the waiter was quite rude to me as apparently I was to present this coupon at the start (which was not mentioned anywhere) as the American breakfast you get with the coupon is somehow different then what is listed. Not impressed to say the least.

Would I stay there again? Yes. The view and access to a kitchenette (Majority of hotels do not even offer a bar fridge in the room) is well worth it. I would not pay over $100 per day as some paid as this is NOT a 4/5 star hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Up North
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I did a lot of research before booking with Delta Vacations, and read a ton of reviews. Las Flores is just as we expected. Older, Outdated, but in a beautiful location, with a gorgeous view. Our room was on the SE corner of the back tower on 7th floor. We were at the end of the hall, so noise was no problem. Had plenty of hot water, very hot water. Kitchenette left a lot to be desired but, as described and was adequte. Property was very clean, maids did a nice job. FY'sI********** WIFI is NOT free as stated on most all websites. Happy hour and music is not daily. Happy hour ONLY on Friday. No coffee filters, dishsoap, or paper towels for kitchen, or hair conditioner in bathroom. Hotel has no ice machine either. The beach and the views are wonderful. The pools were warm enough for swimming. Drinks and service were good, never tried food. Poncho's next door was awesome, a must. Also our tour to Stone Island was priceless. Be sure to go for a horse drawn buggy ride thru the village there, with 80 year old Manual and hear him sing. Check out Lucky B's by hotel too, nice bar. And a pulmonia ride is a must. Las Flores is what it is and it worked for us and thousands of others, doesn't claim to be 5 star but, will live up to it's 3 star rating.We were in the heart of it all though and had a wonderful week. Now I'm home and it's snowing hard as I write this. Hope this helps other fellow travelers and reviewers.

Room Tip: call their toll free phone number, setup for US travelers, they'll discuss what room will work b...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Mn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Stayed here for a week and had a great time. Check in was super easy, we had a room on the 9th floor overlooking the ocean. We booked a street room and they gave us an ocean view for no extra cost, just for asking. Rooms are small but adequate, no issues with the room at all. Safe Deposit box is at the front desk but very easily accessible. We really didn't spend much time at the Las Flores, but the location was excellent for going everywhere we want to go. Would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
West Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

We were in one of the renovated rooms, it was lovely great views..Very loud from the neighbors beside us..screaming children, because we were in a lock off room..0 insulation between the rooms other than that we really liked the stay and the amenities

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Las Flores Beach Resort? Share your experiences!