Stayed at Las Flores in March. The hotel is older (but is well kept and clean). So, expect the hotel to be of the era it was designed and built. We had an ocean front kitchenette -great view of the ocean and the beach. The staff were all great and accommodating. The food at the hotel restaurant was average -nothing spectacular. But, the food served around town was pretty darn good. Previously I was reluctant to eat Mexican steak, but had the best t-bone ever in a local eatery.
First time to Mazatlan for my wife and I despite the rumors of violence (between cartels). There is a large patrolling military presence in the way of what I understood to be marine convoys. Or, troops of soldiers riding shotgun on the backs of military trucks and vehicles. At first this was a little alarming as it makes you wonder if there's something about to go down. You get used to it and appreciate what is going on and that these people are doing a good job. In Canada and USA there is plenty of crime that is not selective. That is, in Mexico, the crime is mostly (not always) between the cartels. Unfortunately, sometime innocent people get caught in the crossfire. This happens in Canada and USA too. Worse though, is that in Canada or USA it's often some lunatic that decides to open up on a crowd of innocents. Enough about the violence.
We thoroughly enjoyed Mazatlan. It is a wonderful city. The malecon is second to none for it's fantastic expanse. It bridges a distance all the way from the Golden Zone to El Centro capturing a beautiful view of the seascape. The Golden Zone is a great mix of hard working locals. There is everything you would ever need from great food to your basic needs available. For example, in the Golden Zone an embroidered tee-shirt costs you $20.00, you can get the same in El Centro for $5.00.
We befriended a local pulmonia driver and arranged a private tour with him to the surrounding areas. What a fantastic trip! We drove to the colonial town of Concordia where we enjoyed a beverage at the saloon with the locals, and Copala where we enjoyed a tasty meal followed by the best banana-coconut cream pie in the world. Along the way we visited brick, furniture, bread and pastry, and tile makers.
The weather and people of Mazatlan are great. The weather tended to be wonderfully warm during the day and perfectly cool in the evening during this time of year. The people, a little cautious at first, but very friendly once you open up to them.
The four star rating we gave is based on this resort being a budget friendly hotel and that it is clean and well located. Overall a great trip, we look forward to our next visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Las Flores Beach Resort is located directly on the beach in the Heart of Mazatlan's Golden Zone, across from Deer Island. Las Flores Beach Resort is a family hotel on the best beach in Mazatlán! The hotel is 25 minutes from the Mazatlan International Airport (MZT). It has exactly the combination that most people are looking for, a beach location, great prices, beautiful views, experienced staff, and excellent service; The beach is beautiful and quiet and safe for swimming, with palapas and loungers on the beach, Motorized and non motorized water sports are available as well as massages ($) on the beach. There is a family pool with a waterful a and a separate area for the children. and in the other side of the hotel, there is a quiet pool area. The main restaurant, bar, gym sundry shops are at main lobby level. In the Golden Zone you will find night clubs, restaurants, airline offices, banks, cinemas, jewelry stores, handicrafts, all within walking distance from the hotel. The lobby bar " Las Rejas " will DELIGHT you with the most beautiful sunset view as it is located on the beach front. The bar offers happy Hour daily , live music and dancing every night. Enjoy your favorite drinks like a Piña colada, a traditional margarita, or a Pacifico beer from the local brewery. The restaurant Las Rejas is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well room service from 7 am to 9:30pm. The restaurant offers indoor and terrace seating wich is located on the beach front. The hotel offers FREE wi-fi access . Las Flores Beach Resort offers 43 one-bedroom suites with kitchenettes and a terrace with an ocean front view , 61 studios with kitchenettes and a terrace with and ocean view and 15 standard rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia and Despegar.com so you can book your Las Flores Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Flores Beach Hotel Mazatlan
- Las Flores Beach Mazatlan
- Las Flores Mazatlan