THIS IS A LONG REVIEW BUT PLEASE READ ALL OF IT. I will give the good comments first. Edwardo, wait staff around the pool area, was great. He helped make our friends birthday very special. We ordered Champagne and he then brought us a piece of cake to share to help celebrate. Second, Elsy the woman that cleaned our room most of our 28 days, did a TERRIFIC job, thanks Elsy. Conchita also cleaned at least once, I didn’t see others to get their names but all were great.
Ok, to the bad stuff! We booked our trip 7 months in advance to ensure we got the type of room we wanted. Since we were going to be in Mazatlan during Carnival, we just wanted to make sure the hotel was not full any of the nights we needed. When we checked in on Saturday, Feb. 4, we were put in room 1013. We went to the room and directly back downstairs. The room booked and PAID for was for an Oceanview, balcony and kitchenette. The room we were given had a view of the pool and no balcony. We were then told that they can’t guarantee the room type and they were full and that was the only room available but we could change on Monday. We didn’t book a Standard room; we paid for a certain room type and should have been given that initially. There are only 3 rooms on that pool side, 913, 1013 and 1113. Those are the ONLY rooms without a balcony. WHY WHY was this room given to us since we were going to be there for 28 nights. Had we not complained, we feel they would have left us there the whole time since they didn’t mention upon check-in, that this was temporary and could be moved later. Another problem, we have been in hotels in Mexico at least 15 times, we have had beds that were FIRM but this one was impossible to sleep on. It really was like cement with a thin layer of carpet over the top. The mattress looked like a normal one but it was not. We did not sleep for the two nights we were in that room because of the bed. When we mentioned this when changing rooms, they said “oh, we can get you a mattress pad”, why is it not already on the bed or offered upon check-in?
We had noticed TripAdvisor reviews, many that paid for an upgrade (King Junior Suite) they all got room 808 and that is also the one we got. First we were told there were no King Junior Suites available for our entire stay. After we complained again about the room they tried to stick us with (1013), we were told there was one available, after all and it was 808. This is a beautiful room but have to warn you, the smell after the room had been shut up for several hours was awful. Had to open slider (oh, by the way, it does not lock) and the front door to get a breeze through to air the room out. Take air freshener with you, you will need it.
All said and done, we would stay there again but would stand up for our rights more the next time and ensure we get the room we paid for. Do not take a room that ends in a 13, it will be an awful room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Las Flores Beach Resort is located directly on the beach in the Heart of Mazatlan's Golden Zone, across from Deer Island. Las Flores Beach Resort is a family hotel on the best beach in Mazatlán! The hotel is 25 minutes from the Mazatlan International Airport (MZT). It has exactly the combination that most people are looking for, a beach location, great prices, beautiful views, experienced staff, and excellent service; The beach is beautiful and quiet and safe for swimming, with palapas and loungers on the beach, Motorized and non motorized water sports are available as well as massages ($) on the beach. There is a family pool with a waterful a and a separate area for the children. and in the other side of the hotel, there is a quiet pool area. The main restaurant, bar, gym sundry shops are at main lobby level. In the Golden Zone you will find night clubs, restaurants, airline offices, banks, cinemas, jewelry stores, handicrafts, all within walking distance from the hotel. The lobby bar " Las Rejas " will DELIGHT you with the most beautiful sunset view as it is located on the beach front. The bar offers happy Hour daily , live music and dancing every night. Enjoy your favorite drinks like a Piña colada, a traditional margarita, or a Pacifico beer from the local brewery. The restaurant Las Rejas is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well room service from 7 am to 9:30pm. The restaurant offers indoor and terrace seating wich is located on the beach front. The hotel offers FREE wi-fi access . Las Flores Beach Resort offers 43 one-bedroom suites with kitchenettes and a terrace with an ocean front view , 61 studios with kitchenettes and a terrace with and ocean view and 15 standard rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, HotelsClick, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Las Flores Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Flores Beach Hotel Mazatlan
- Las Flores Beach Mazatlan
- Las Flores Mazatlan