“Good no frills place” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Costa de Oro Beach Hotel

Save Saved
You added Costa de Oro Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Costa de Oro Beach Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. Camaron Sabalo No 710 | Zona Dorada, Mazatlan 82110, Mexico   |
Ranked #29 of 76 hotels in Mazatlan
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Good no frills place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I have been to this resort many times. We love it. There is not a lot for kids to do but they do have art projects and other little classes everyday but we don't go on vacation as a family to get rid of the kids all day! The pool is average size but too crowded. The rooms are nice we have stayed in the almost all the room types they have to offer and haven't run into problems outside of an elevator out of service for a couple days but that happens at the hilton too :).

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

200 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Saint Michael
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We have been going the Costa for years and have always had a wonderful time. All the wait staff and bartenders are great and the front desk people cannot do enough for you. The maids go above and beyond to make your visit as comfortable as can be. Other places may be newer, but you cannot find a better staff in all of Mazatlan to make your vacation the special time it should be.

Room Tip: we love the 6th floor in the new tower. Junita, the maid, is the best and always knows what we need...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I have never stayed at this resort before. It is a older resort in Mazatlan and I understand why they chose this spot. It is beautiful. The beach is great and even little kids can enjoy the surf as it has a very gentle slope. The pool is very nice as well.
The staff are extremely accommodating and many speak very good English. The restaurant had a great variety of entrées. But there are many other places to sample the food of Mexico around this resort.
This resort is of old style so you may need to ask for wash cloths. You may be able to ask for a hair dryer too but you may just want to pack one just in case. Our one bedroom had stovetop, micro, coffee pot, and a mini fridge.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Shoreline, Washington, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have a timeshare unit at the Costa de Oro and you'll find me there every week 28 (around the middle of July)! I've always found it to be clean, inviting and relaxing. The staff are great, especially Juanita (6th floor of the tower). We have a little banter each year about me getting extra coffee packets (you'd think they whip the housekeeping staff if they're missing one!).

The Costa de Oro is what I'd call 'homey'. It's not plush so don't go here if that's what you're expecting. Don't get me wrong, the people are great and the food and view at Adobes are both excellent. Just don't expect a Pueblo Bonito experience here.

This year brings my first complaint. For some reason I don't appear on their reservation list. Each year they run back and forth and finally figure out what's going on and give me my key. This year was extra painful as they had rented my room. That meant NO JUANITA! I'm not saying that Olivia didn't do a wonderful job in my digs on the seventh floor ... but as I said, Juanita and I have developed a fun rapport and I found myself wandering down a flight of stairs to say hello. Costa de Oro - DON'T lose my reservation!!! I have a fixed unit and fixed week. I tell you TWICE every year that I'm coming. Guess that needs to be three times :)

Sadly, this year wasn't as busy as last year was - so my people watching was limited. This year Gay Pride was held the day I arrived instead of the day I leave (as it usually is), so I did get to watch the fun along the malecon. Tame compared to Seattle, but fun nonetheless.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Campbell River, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel a few years ago while on a ball tournament. The staff were fabulous, the food was excellent, the view magnificent. There was a lot of things to do at the hotel and the staff was very willing to help you in any way they could. They were very accommodating in helping get side trips organized. It is very centrally located to walk to other hotels, restaurants and markets.

Room Tip: Ask for the beach side, overlooking the courtyard on the second floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

The pool is very clean and you have the best beach view and access. The two for one drinks at pool are good and not watered down. Lucy, pool wait-staff, is the best. She is very attentive!!! De oro is one of my fav Mzt spots!

• Stayed August 2013
Indio, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I just came back from my first trip to Mazatlan. This Hotel is located in an excellent part of Mazatlan in the Golden Zone. If ou are in a budget and you dont mind the actual look of the room, this is a great stay, I rather spend less on a room and spend more on actual activities. I look at it this way; the room is only to sleep for a few hours, you really dont spend time there. The hotel is located infront of the beach.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Costa de Oro Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!